too green behind my ears and my plants are too yellow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! too green behind my ears and my plants are too yellow

1. The Problem - "Leaves are turning yellow and are getting spots and plant is droopy"
    2. "HELP!" Prefix - it's urgent, maybe too late?!
    3. (Important!!!) Pictures - new more compete pics added!
    4. Description of the Problem, I'm not sure I am diagnosing right > Can anyone help me pinpoint what to do, I am not sure what kind of defficienty this is...
      My plant is very droopy, and yellow... with here and there some (but mostly not) some brown spots in the yellow leaves..maybe I have to water every day? now I do this every two days... I use my finger to check if the bottem is dry or moisty.
      I'm growing indoor, and already tried to stop feeding them extra nutes... now I'm thinking they might lack something...
      I'm just too green for this to analyze by myself.
    5. My Setup - 80X80cm wit a California lightworks solarsystem 275, and a prima-klima filter + fan.
    6. the nutrients I'm giving are: PLAGRON for the moment I'm a week in bloom so I started alga bloom together with power roots and green sensation.
      Once a week I add sugar royal, I don't use the vita race at the moment.
      IN VEG: I gave them also power roots and the grow from BAC (just so you know) My problem started a little before bloom.

Hope this is a better, more complete post now...
    Thank you for helping!
    Last edited by TOTO86; 03-20-2020, 09:00 AM.

We need more information: https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ly-as-possible

For the green behind the ears, use soap, hot water and a rough wash cloth. ;-}
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

Originally posted by alltatup View Post
      ....For the green behind the ears, use soap, hot water and a rough wash cloth. ;-}
      Make sure to DRY 🤣 behind them too!

Comment

Yep I wanna see the whole plant if possible. Tell us your lights and at the very least if it's dry water it.
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• TOTO86
          TOTO86 commented
          Editing a comment
          You think you can help? I pretty new to the whole situation, both, being on a forum as also growing indoor. I could use some good advice.

Hi Toto, I'll try to help you, though I'm a hydroponic grower. Don't give up yet!!! Here is a basic page on yellowing leaves and which issues can cause the problem:

Are your marijuana leaves turning yellow? View the 10 most common reasons this happens (with pictures) and get the solutions!

1. The first things I would check are the pH going in and the pH of the runoff water. If you haven't been checking pH, you are learning that it's one of the most important things to keep your eye on. Daily.
        2. You could have nutrient lockout at the roots if you weren't flushing the plants in between feedings. Nutrient lockout will cause all kinds of symptoms that look like deficiencies. https://www.growweedeasy.com/flushing-sick-cannabis
        3. You might have root rot if you've been over-watering.

I always say to newcomers, I don't agree that Growing Weed is Easy!!!!! I know it's a catchy phrase and all, but if you want to grow really excellent Cannabis, you have to learn about all the factors that go into a grow, a harvest, and a cure. People who don't know what they're doing, and what to expect at the next stage, will grow mediocre bud at best. You have to know what seedlings need, what the veg stage needs, and what the flower stage needs.

You have to control temperature, humidity, light, pH, water, air circulation and nutrients. That's just for starters. So let me know if those pages help, see if you can narrow down what could be causing your problems, and start studying the shit out of the GWE website. That's IF you want to grow top shelf bud.

I've been growing indoors since July 2016, and I've been there (where you're at) and done that!!! But I knew that I wanted to grow the best bud possible, so I was determined to learn everything that I had to learn in order to achieve that goal. If you can learn what you need to learn from the current problems you're having, they won't happen again. For example, I had a bad case of root rot once. ONCE.

I see some nice buds on your plants, so you may be able to get them back on track. I'm betting it's a pH issue and your roots are locked up.

And ps: this isn't a cheap hobby, either. The equipment I've had to get in order to fine tune my grow environment, .... well, I'll save that story for another time.
        Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• TOTO86
          TOTO86 commented
          Editing a comment
          THNX for the reply alltatup, I will buy a ph meter ASAP! > You are totally right that growing weed demands a lot of knowledge. I am trying to watch and read as much as possible about it, but I have to say I've been learning more about growing techniques like LST etc... I guess this will be how I learn. Talking to the community will hopefully help. In this case it would be too bad to have wasted a full cycle.. BIG THNX for the follow up!

• TOTO86
          TOTO86 commented
          Editing a comment
          about that: "1. The first things I would check are the pH going in and the pH of the runoff water. "
          should I check soil PH? Why is it more logic to test the water first? And if I test my tapwater on PH, should I do it after adding nutrients too?
          what are your recommendations?

That's a powerful light. Too me this has been a problem that has built up from heavy feed and watering. A case of " to much love" it's better when your first learning to be easy with bottled nutes. This is common we all learn by it. Those yellow dyeing leaf will not recover and are going to fall off. What you want to do now is save your grow for what ever it's worth and it's worth it for the time you've put in.

How close is the light is it too close may want to raise it just to help while they recover. More help from others on the way. At this point it's allowing the plant to dry really well after flushing and it's just recovery time.

indoor/outdoor grower
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to

Comment

Thank you for your reply SoOrbudgal, I will raise it a bit..

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            What they strain of your plants?

• TOTO86
            TOTO86 commented
            Editing a comment
            SoOrbudgal it's Green Gelato! First timer also... looking forward, hope I don't ruin it

TOTO86 This is a learning community!!! This is where I learned, and we really like to help and support each other, rather than sound off like a bigshot. Nah, I might be a decent grower in 15 more years, when I'm 82.... But I'ma get there!!!!! :-}

Comment

Now TOTO86 you don't think that way about ruining it LOL your first couple grows are trial and error learning. Before I entered this forum I was outdoor grower only. It is going on 3yrs? since I began indoor and weedhopper i'm still going to make mistakes it's seeing it and correcting it, not ignoring them just don't over feed over water that's the biggest curve to learn. Keep asking away.

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

TOTO86 You wrote "1. The first things I would check are the pH going in and the pH of the runoff water. "
              should I check soil PH? Why is it more logic to test the water first? And if I test my tapwater on PH, should I do it after adding nutrients too?
              what are your recommendations?"

1. You check pH of nutrient solution after mixing it and before you water plants, of course.
              2. You check the pH of the runoff water.
              3. Unless you have really hard water and may want to switch to RO or bottled water, there's no need to check its pH, unless you just want to know.

This will teach you how to do it; like I said, I grow hydro but these are directions cover soil as well:

Learn how to easily adjust pH up and down if needed for your cannabis grow. It helps prevent nutrient deficiencies!

And this will help, cuz these are your leaves:
              GrowWeedEasy.com will teach anyone with any budget how easy it is to grow their own cannabis.

Comment

• TOTO86
                TOTO86 commented
                Editing a comment
                Heheh THNX alltatup (again) Good thing I was already reading into that one... The PH tester is on its way.
                And you say 'offcourse', but I am really glad I asked though.. hahaha.
                FYI: I misread 'run off water' as 'water that comes straight out of the tap. (english isn't my mother language)
                Now I understand, as in the water that comes out at the bottom (that runs off the pot) ooooh boy

• alltatup
                alltatup commented
                Editing a comment
                You're welcome, Toto: sorry if I wasn't clear. "Run-off water" is a term used to refer to the water that comes out of the bottom of the pot (as you now now), and when you measure the pH of that water, you know what the soil pH is, I think. We need some soil growers to help!!!

I've got my fingers crossed for you. I think you will be able to bring your plants to harvest. What week of flower are they?

hey Toto (sorry my english)
              the first impression I have is overwater and Ph, (nuts lock), But you said you sttick your finger, attencion cause the top soil dry in 1, 2 days, so that could give you a false information
              you should take the pot in your hands and feel the weight. I think you should simplify the nutes you re using
              About PH, check the run off water in the plates of the pots.
              In what week are they?

Comment

• TOTO86
                TOTO86 commented
                Editing a comment
                Hey Tropa, thanks for the advice. I will follow up. Also good tip to lift the pot.
                They are in week 4 of flowering

FYI: I speak a good part Flenglish myself so no worries about the English!
                Last edited by TOTO86; 03-22-2020, 02:59 PM.

anyone of you guy's recommend a certain strain? Any favorites I should try?

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                SoOrbudgal commented
                Editing a comment
                TOTO86 the results are in...….strains for me are anything indica dominant. And there's nowadays so many strains.

• TOTO86
                TOTO86 commented
                Editing a comment
                Sorry SoOrbudgal, not having that much refinement on the lingo... the results are in.. meaning...? So you don't have one specific favorite strain? As long as it's mostly indica?

Yes you got the understanding correct. Sorry I will answer more straight forward lingo. Any kush strain or hybrid strain with more indica traits.

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X