Spider mites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spider mites

I bought four clones 6 weeks ago and noticed spider mites crawling on the container. Got replacements from the same distributor two weeks ago after disinfecting everything and sure enough yesterday saw one crawling on the container. Question is should I see these through with AzaMax, etc. or discard and plant seeds in clean containers/soil. Wish I had room for a mother plant setup.
    4’x4’x6 1/2’ tent, Nextlight Mega, Roots Organics 707 soil in 5 gallon square plastic planters, GH Flora Series Performance Pack nutes alternated with Fish Sh!t in RO water

If you saw them crawling on the container, they prolly not Spider mites. You need a microscope with at least 30x to see them.

Comment

I saw some in the soil too. Hard to get a picture with them moving around but the attached is a photo with one of them in the center. Click image for larger version

Name:	66F9B880-B19D-46B9-B026-E141B80DD77F.jpeg
Views:	147
Size:	204.7 KB
ID:	385089
      4’x4’x6 1/2’ tent, Nextlight Mega, Roots Organics 707 soil in 5 gallon square plastic planters, GH Flora Series Performance Pack nutes alternated with Fish Sh!t in RO water

Comment

Ya, that looks more like an aphid or knat or something like that. Spider mites are so small. Every time I've seen them I've first noticed their web before the actual mite. Do you have access to diotomatious earth?

Comment

Thanks! Somewhat relieved but I can get some diatomaceous earth to be safe.

Comment

DE is great until it gets wet, then it's no longer effective. Spinosad is effective, as is cold pressed orange oil.
            When starting a new grow, I foliar spray once a week with a mix of Liquid Seaweed and molasses to build insect
            resistance. It was put to me by a crop farmer that the insects that damage cannabis are like hyenas, in that they
            go for the weak and unhealthy and stay away from the strong. Just how I got my situation under control a few years
            back and no problems since.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X