No announcement yet.

Need First Time Advice on Training.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Need First Time Advice on Training.

Strain: Creme, Indica

Soil: "PNW Own" is the brand https://www.lowes.com/pd/1-5-CF-PNW-...oil/1001460188 | I have a feeling this isnt the type of soil I wanted to use.

Light: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...9474c452605b84

Nutes: http://amzn.to/2CErUZI & https://www.amazon.com/General-Hydro...n%2C216&sr=1-4 | I have been following the instructions for Intense vegetative growth, about a gallon of food split between the 3 plants and I watered with PH balanced water every other feeding. Feed every 2 or 3 days.

They are in Fabric 5-Gallon pots.

I have provided pictures of each plant with a letter attached and close ups of the yellow spots I also would like looked at.

I just did the first bend of the main stock yesterday and took off some of the bigger fan leaves. Is there anything else I should be doing?

Also what are those yellow spots?

Please let me know if you need any more info.

Thank you so much for any help!
    Attached Files

I would just keep an eye on the spots for the next few days, I see a few leaves clawing down on the first and second plant but overall nice and healthy. Keep up with lst to keep em flat like a board, maybe take it easy on the water for a few days. Let it really dry out. Overall healthy looking plants
    Vegging 4 aurora indica, waiting on seeds. Got eyes on a 4x8x8 tent.
    sp150x2 philz330 and Philz 100x2
    4 plants currently under 500w
    2 x opulent systems 4x4x80 tents and a 24x40x48 baby box.
    GH full line of nutes+calmag and my molasses sugar brown sugar liquid mix at 30ml per liter.
    Happy growing/consuming 🥴
    Space is at a premium when you're growing premium in space 😁

Comment

• Slipp3ryFist
      Slipp3ryFist commented
      Editing a comment
      Got it! 36 hours since the last water. I will make sure to let them really dry out before I feed them next.

Thank you by the way! Since this is my 1st grow I saw the spots and thought the plants were done for =[

• Slipp3ryFist
      Slipp3ryFist commented
      Editing a comment
      What did you mean when you said "Keep up with lst to keep em flat like a board?"

• Jordann
      Jordann commented
      Editing a comment
      When you're training them and tying them down try and keep the tops all at the same height. Not to let any of the branches get higher than the others. I'll post a pic

In the tent there's 8 plants. I keep them all the same height by tying down individual branches and I re Ty them ever day or 2 to keep them the same height to maximize what I can use of the lights to its full potential. Then there's a pic of one plant alone with a top view, each branch gets retied every day or 2 when some start to out grow the others. Keep an eye on the brown spots but right now it looks to be trivial, for the time being anyways. But if it gets worse don't be shy to come back with some updated photos of the progression of dots. Hope we can help/ have helped
    GH full line of nutes+calmag and my molasses sugar brown sugar liquid mix at 30ml per liter.

Comment

• Jordann
      Jordann commented
      Editing a comment
      There's lots of things that can cause spots like that, a splash of nutrient water, water on the leaf magnifying the light from the LED causing small burns, if you're spraying with anything, in my opinion, I always spray just before the lights go off. At that size they do not need to be sprayed with water atall. Hoping it's not pests but I think it would be more wide spread. I've had spots like that after transplanting because I got mud on some leaves and the leaves didn't like it combined with the moisture it deteriorated the leaf matter underneath...

• Slipp3ryFist
      Slipp3ryFist commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you so much!

I am going to need to tie down a few branches on the biggest plant. You can't really see it in the pictures but one of the plants is WAY bigger than the other two.

I did spray with filtered water and then the spots showed up.

I will keep you updated in the next few days and hopefully they are still doing well =]

Question, I was advised to do 24-0 for light. Is that bad? Would you advise switching to a 18-6?

Thank you so much!

I am going to need to tie down a few branches on the biggest plant. You can't really see it in the pictures but one of the plants is WAY bigger than the other two.

I did spray with filtered water and then the spots showed up.

I will keep you updated in the next few days and hopefully they are still doing well =]

Question, I was advised to do 24-0 for light. Is that bad? Would you advise switching to a 18-6?

Comment

• Jordann
      Jordann commented
      Editing a comment
      I've always done 18/6 or 16/8 on my opinion that they need a period of rest, I've left the light on non stop and it seems to have stunted growth and stressed plants. But people have great success with 24 hours and I have great success with a 6 hour dark period. I try not to spray with water once they come out of my small baby tent and are 5 or 6 inch tall but if I do it's an hour or 2 before dark.

• Slipp3ryFist
      Slipp3ryFist commented
      Editing a comment
      I think I might switch it over to 18/6. I wonder if the switch in the photo-period would hurt the plant?

• Jordann
      Jordann commented
      Editing a comment
      Shouldn't do anything as long as they get more than 12 or 13 hours of light a day.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1943.JPG
Views:	199
Size:	2.26 MB
ID:	385102Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1969.JPG
Views:	185
Size:	1.78 MB
ID:	385103Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2032.JPG
Views:	182
Size:	2.29 MB
ID:	385104Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2037.JPG
Views:	174
Size:	2.09 MB
ID:	385105 Hey slipper, here's a couple of pics. of how I tie down/anchor plants in a fiber pot. The stake/hook is 12 or 14 ga. solid core wire, and I've found that paper clips and soft plant tie wire bent in a S shape make a nifty anchor point, if they get taller I'll add a rubber band in there for gentle constant resistance. And a pic of whats meant by flat as a board/table top, you just want em all getting the same amount of light, and I hit em 24/0, they seem to like it.

Comment

Hope this helps. First 2 pictures are some of my plants. And they're begging for water, this is when I water. Third picture is another, smaller plant. That 1 still has enough water at the roots for another day or 2 before they wilt like the others. It doesn't hurt them atall but I let them tell me what they want.

Comment

An update on the girl. Tell me what you think 2 days later? Should I worry about those spots?

Comment

They still look healthy over all. Do you have a spare pot the same size and some left over soil...and a bathroom scale? Could get an idea of the weight of dry soil compared to the weight of the plant minus approx a pound for the plant itself. These guys sprung up with 16 hours after watering. Hard to say about that burnt leaf. Maybe remove the effected leaves if there's only a few and see if any other leaves get the same spots. Good looking plants though. Wouldn't worry too much yet.

Comment

Thanks again!

Have you ever accidentally snapped a cola? I did on one of mine today and tried to put it back then wrapped it in plastic wrap. Hoping for the best.

Comment

Be suprised what they can take. I take a wooden stick for making shit on a stick and tape it an inch above and below the break. Then try and cover where it broke to keep from drying out. How bad did you break it?

Comment

Not crazy bad. half was still attached and I wrapped it up pretty good. It seems to be staying up too

Comment

• Jordann
                  Jordann commented
                  Editing a comment
                  How's it doing today?

• Slipp3ryFist
                  Slipp3ryFist commented
                  Editing a comment
                  We lost the cola =[

I fed them today so hopefully all the good nutes will help them

• Slipp3ryFist
                  Slipp3ryFist commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I forgot to mention I only snapped the cola at the end. What do you think will happen to the rest of the cola?

If you took the tip off you might end up with buds but not tight like a single solid cola. Nothing wrong with one though if you got many. the others will take it's place and it's uptake of water

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X