Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Leaves have brown spots - feel brittle and yellowing

Greetings all!

First post and though I'm stoked about being here, this is my first grow I'm really starting to worry about it. PLEASE HELP.

Info regarding plant: Strain: Lemon Kush 50/50 hybrid fem. Currently on the 2nd week of flowering, kept it in veg for a little over a month and a half. Its is currently in a 6L terra-cotta pot that I drilled holes into, sitting on a plastic pot for LST. Topped this lady when she was a little over a month old hence its shape now.

Lighting: Pure sunlight 10-12 hours(been having great weather with hardly any clouds at all) and then I move it into a room with complete darkness for the rest of the time (night:12-14 hours). Feeding her a complete mix of N-P-K and according to the bottle, trace amounts of everything else. Its a blooming fertilizer (not a popular western brand). Previously she was given root stimulators but that has beeb on half for at least a month now. Soil: Plain garden soil/dirt that I fertilized myself with compost and these slow release pellets (N-P-K) and the fertilizer I still use today. Water: I get from the dispenser so its purified and lately I've been adding a little braggs apple cider vinegar since my ph meter was reading a PH of 6.7 and lately has been slowly improving thanks to the vinegar.

I've been noticing this problem for a couple of weeks now, now less. Been reading about every possibility this might be online and have been applying the remedies. So far, it is continuing to slowly degrade and I'm worried I will not have enough foliage to sustain her until end of flowering. She has show great growth in terms of flooring so far. It night be important for me to mention that there is much new growth in between the nodes. Should I be worried? Any information from more veteran growers would be much appreciated. PEACE!

The soil looks thick and maybe overwatered. Im on the high end. I like around 40 or 50 percent perlite in my already airy mix of soil. And never enough holes in the bottom of pots from store I always make 30 o 40 1 inch holes in bottom and up the sides a few inches
    Vegging 4 aurora indica, waiting on seeds. Got eyes on a 4x8x8 tent.
    sp150x2 philz330 and Philz 100x2
    4 plants currently under 500w
    2 x opulent systems 4x4x80 tents and a 24x40x48 baby box.
    GH full line of nutes+calmag and my molasses sugar brown sugar liquid mix at 30ml per liter.
    Happy growing/consuming 🥴
    Space is at a premium when you're growing premium in space 😁

Comment

Hi Jordann. Totally agree with you and figured the soil might be one of the issues. Realized that about 2 weeks in and by then I felt I was in too deep. Problem is the pot is too big and heavy to repot and I'm not sure if there is any way to change the soil at this point. Noted on your point and will not be growing with this medium ever again. Really would like to save this plant for now though as it is the only one I've got. Thanks a load mate!

Comment

• JDU
        JDU commented
        Editing a comment
        Pots never too big to re-pot. Granted it's gonna be a mess but you can do it.

• JDU
        JDU commented
        Editing a comment
        & believe it or not so.etimes lettin the roots sit out in the open while you prepare a new home is the best thing you can do for an overwatered plant.

• Jordann
        Jordann commented
        Editing a comment
        This might sound like abuse but I've hosed the dirt off of root balls and planted them in new dirt took em 4 days and they were doing better than before but you gotta be careful with water temperature and pressure. Don't wanna shred it .

So I suppose that could be the cause as well. Will keep that in mind and most likely repot tomorrow if my adding calcium through powdered egg shells doesn't work. Peace. Always open to more advice and I have been reading lots of other threads as well. Thanks for the advice homies!

Comment

• JDU
        JDU commented
        Editing a comment
        Also it takes quite awhile for egg shell or oyster shell to break down. & They help with calcium but not magnesium & the 2 go hand in hand.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X