ilumigrower's Auto Whiteberry Pc Grow 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL ilumigrower's Auto Whiteberry Pc Grow 2019

Hello everybody. I am new to the forum but i have read many journals around here before starting my first grows last year and finally decided that this year i would post my first journal to improve my skills and learn from the best advice and info i can get from the GrowWeedEasy community and learn my mistakes.

Furthermore, i would like to introduce to you all my Dell Pc Grow. This case was made in 2019 and has been much upgraded.
    ​​

​​

Dimensions: (14"3/8 L x 6"5/8 W x 1" H)

(36.5cm L x 16.8cm W x 35.5cm H)

Lights: -Sylvania 6500k 28watt /Total: 56watt

Dollarama Car Reflector Mylar

ATX power supply modified to supply electricity to my lights

2x Pc Fans for Air Out

2x Pc Fans for Air In

(Any questions please feel free to ask)

Now let's start with this grow:

Feb 29
    Got my new seeds in the mail that day ​​ With the freebies they made a nice combo eh. I got plans to plant them all this summer so my plan for now is to plant one Whiteberry by Paradise Seeds in the pc case and another Whiteberry and one Royal Gorilla by Royal Queen Seeds in my 3x3 grow tent in which i will post on its own separate journal after i complete posting this one first.

Anyways after inspecting the seeds i went straight ahead and put them in a cup of water for the next 24h in a dark environment (grow tent) temps between 20-23.

Feb 29
    ​​

March 3
    ​Two days after being under a wet paper towel, they were ready to go!

March 5
    ​​
    She has finally risen above the soil

March 7
    ​Two days later and she was still struggling getting her shell out but i couldn't help myself but manage to help her out

​​
    As you can see, I've managed to maintain the humidity up to 71% dropping to 50% on a average of 12h. Which is perfect for me to just spray around with water to keep that humidity up high right before i go to work and before i head to bed. I just grabbed an empty plastic rectangular juice bottle and cut the bottom to make a greenhouse and poke 2 holes with a sharp tip knife to make the holes size thickness of a pen or pencil .

March 8
    ​Sight view of the grow and she's growing up nicely

March 14
    ​​
    Ain't she a beauty?

I'm gonna assume this is the end of week 1 because I've always counted the first day when leafs are exposed. Can i assume this correctly tho? Seems to work fine for me.

Hope you all enjoyed reading the beggining of this wonderful project that I've been building up since last year. Got my hands into some work and I'm actually quite proud of how things turned out. This year my goal is to achieve half of an ounce and do a proper and decent cured bud. My first full run pc grow i had problems in the end because i had to be away on vacations for 10 days and i left the buds to dry through those 10 days in the pc with humidity around 40%. It dried up like crazy but at least got a quarter ounce and was actually a smooth smoke but i know i could've gained more weight with proper cure so this year I'm correcting that mistake!

Stay tuned for more updates soon folks!

Have a splendid weekend everybody and happy growing!

Hey I’m here for the ride.. I like the set up looks like a lot of heart and soul went into the pc.. I look forward to seeing everything play out.. I’m not to familiar with these small grows so I’m curious to see how it goes I just wonder how you will do in the given area..

what style of training do you plan?
    Are you flipping light cycles early?

Comment

• ilumigrower
      ilumigrower commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey Daskahn, welcome to my journal and I'm glad you're enjoying of what you see so far. 😁
      My only training i apply is LST. Never done sog/scrog so i won't be attempting to do it in the pc unless things get really easy in the future.I'm running 24/h light cycle because it's an autoflower.

• Daskahn
      Daskahn commented
      Editing a comment
      Look into manifold/ quad-lining I believe it will increase your yield per space used

• ilumigrower
      ilumigrower commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow. I've seen grows like that on social media but never quite figured how and what technique for it. Thank you for showing me some new AWESOME information that i gotta try this summer 😃 i think I'll skip it for this grow because i still feel like i need to get more comfortable with LSTing and just learn how to maintain a healthy plant

LOL do your parents know what your doing LOL. Just kidding ya but old tower and text books another semester put to good use But I really dig the repurpose and how you folks Macquyver ( rig up useless items in case your to young to remember who he was LOL ) i'm a tad high still so sorry. Good luck and look forward to watching this play
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Daskahn
      Daskahn commented
      Editing a comment
      They remade macguyver I’m not sure what channel it comes on but it seems interesting

• ilumigrower
      ilumigrower commented
      Editing a comment
      I doubt that. We don't even live in the same country lol but you should've seen her face when i actually did try a pc grow like 15 years ago ( i'm turning 30 this June). Poor little thing, momma burned with alcohol at her second week 🤣 Good times. How you guys macguyver? What do you mean by that? I know the show but never watched it tho. Thanks mate for the good wishes 🙏

• Daskahn
      Daskahn commented
      Editing a comment
      “Macguyvering” is basically dyi but using odd ball things
      Like a pc and windshield protector add cfl= grow tent

Box fan copper tubbing and water in a trash can= air conditioner

Great setup and a terrific start. Good luck growing.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• ilumigrower
      ilumigrower commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Canuck!✌️ 😁✌️

UPDATE:

Hey all, how's everybody doing? I got some great news and updates from week #2 on the pc grow. It's been so fun and tricky. Personally i think my sweet Whiteberry is really going great and she looking healthy to me.

March 16: ( Day 9 )

March 18: ( Day 11 )

Before the LST

After the LST

March 19: ( Day 12 )

She bounced up nicely eh

Getting those baby nodes some light

March 20: ( Day 13 )

Re-adjusted my bending so i could get some light penetrating on those nodes.

March 21: ( Day 14 )

That's the end for week #2. She's got that real bushy fat indica leafs that I'm starting to believe that she must carrying the blueberry pheno in her genetics. Is it too early to tell yet? Still a long run i know

Sorry yall im so delayed on these updates but i promise everything will be balanced and going accordingly to our timeline
    Stay safe and happy growing
    Last edited by ilumigrower; 04-02-2020, 03:58 AM.

Comment

UPDATE:

Hello everybody! Welcome and thank you all for dropping in and for the great support!

March 22: ( Day 15 )

Tried my best to keep the humidity high enough for her but it was hard because of the cord since it was preventing me to seal it completely. Still i managed to get it under control between 50-70 rh so we all good!

March 24: ( Day 17 )

The leafs are bend so that those lower nodes can get some light!

March 26: ( Day 19 )

Look at all that node development! If you see it, yes it has indeed! Read below for more....

Okay! She has now flowered! I'm still not sure if this is good news or bad because in my opinion is that it is way early to flower since i was expecting a little bit more growth from her. I really hope i didn't turn her into a hermie. I took out the bending cord just to be safe although i knew it was already too late for that but anything to help her plus she'll be more comfortable from now on

March 27: ( Day 20 )

March 28: ( Day 21 )

She's getting taller by the minute! I think the bending was holding her way down than it should. Next grow i gotta remind myself to always start early as soon the second pair of leafs come out. Last grow i did it right. For this one I was a week late lol. Next time will be better and more prepared since i'm getting to know Whiteberry a lot better and more every each day.

Alright guys this is the end for week 3. What a crazy ride this week was too. Full of joys and shocks and maybe a bit of disappointment but it might be nothing because in the end its all worth it! Right!

Question:

Has anyone used Fox Farms nutrients before? How much should i start feeding her first dose? I don't have my own thing but what i do is cut everything by a quarter of what Fox Farm Feeding Schedule say. I just used the basic rule that everyone says that to play safe just cut half of what's recommended on the bottle. I cut that half into another half just because i know autoflowers are sensitive and don't require as much as photoperiods ask for. For now i am just feeding her with plain tap water with pH fixed at 6.0 - 6.5.

Week 4 coming very soon and it's looking awesome. Happy Growing
      Last edited by ilumigrower; 04-03-2020, 12:04 AM.

Comment

• Daskahn
        Daskahn commented
        Editing a comment
        I’ve used fox farm I agree with you.. cut their recommended amounts at least by half.. and I also think autos are more sensitive I always start with 1/4 strength and see how the plant reacts and slowly increase till I see nute burn on the tips and then reduce a little.. but I’m used to hydro not soil so not sure exactly
        Noticed you said you think the tiring her down stunted her growth.. in my experience I’ve noticed the plants stretch when you take them further from your light and I noticed that when she started growing faster you had lowered her down a book

• ilumigrower
        ilumigrower commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey Daskahn! Yes i gave her first dose of nutes this Saturday by cutiing a quarter of everything since autos are even more sensitive just to be extra safe, You're right! Forgot to mention that i have been lowering a bit by removing a book so that the tops can be more cooled off and get a bit a stretch growth ;D

Hey! Really cool growbox! And what a fine young lady, looking strong and healthy. I agree about the nutes. Less is definitely more!

Good luck and Im will be following along.
      Indoor grow. LED, Soil. Autos.

Outdoor grow. Autos, fem's, bagseeds

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...944-grow-diary

Comment

• ilumigrower
        ilumigrower commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey swegrow. Welcome aboard and thanks for dropping by. Thank you for the awesome words! Hope you enjoy what you see and thanks for following!

Many thanks! xD Cheers mate

UPDATE:

#WEEK 4

Hello my fellow growers and welcome back and thanks to everyone for dropping by.

March 29: ( Day 22 )

Ever since i took off the bending she's been really catching up on growth i would say.

March 30: ( Day 23 )

She sprung up soo much in just one day White Widows genes is in there with no doubts because she stretches up like crazy.

March 31: ( Day 24 )

I couldn't stop and notice that my leafs somehow started to yellowing around the edges and in the middle of the leafs too with tiny yellows patches on them. Could someone tell me what kind of deficiency is this? Nitrogen? Maybe Potassium? Since it started to flower for almost a week.

April 2: ( Day 26 )

Colors started to get worse and now there's these brown spots on the tips and edges of the leafs. Can it be a Calcium / Magnesium deficiency ? I have been feeding with tap water for over 2 weeks now because of the coronavirus epidemic that out stocked all the distilled water in the stores that i used to buy and feed her with it.

She was getting too stretchy and taking up height that was too early to be at so i LST her again to keep it short

April 3: ( Day 27 )

Following day she's right back up like a champ

April 4: ( Day 28 )

I passed by to my local hardware store ( Canadian Tire ) right before heading to groceries to see if there was some extra lights bulbs for the pc grow and i wondered if they ever re stocked the plug adapters and BAAM literally the last two they only had. So i grabbed them instantly and i also purchased the two packs of Sylvania 2700K 23watts so i could finally be set perfectly for flowering!

I also started bending her other tops to spread them around and get them some space from each other.

There it is! All four of them set nicely and it is so BRIGHT like you could go blind for minutes seriously! I'm watching closely if the temps and humidity don't go off balanced and also the heat between the pistils and the bulbs so that my tops won't get burned . For now my temps been running between 22c-24c and humidity 38%-45%

After installing my new bulbs i had to fix her up by giving her first dose of nutes to take care of those deficiencies and get them back up straight healthy again. So i grabbed my Fox Farm's Grow Big and Big Bloom and gave her 0.93ml per liter, Tiger Bloom with 0.62ml per liter and i also fed her 0.25ml of CALiMAGic. Not sure if this was enough but I'm just playing safe since people say Fox Farms is strong so there is a growers rule that they say we should cut half of all bottled nutes to be cautious and not risk of overnute. Not sure if this is true but I've been following this rule ever since I started growing. What i did was cut everything by a quarter because half works for photoperiods but autos are more sensitive as they say so i cut that into another half just to be extra safe.

End of week 4.

Hope you all enjoyed seeing this week. Have a safe week everybody and happy growing

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Well look at that little gal flower how fun. I had to purchase some more perlite for my outdoor soil mix I make, could not find my bat guano/fish shit I mix to make my teas for outdoor and picked up the FF grow big I never used it but i'll learn. You like it?

• ilumigrower
        ilumigrower commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey SoOrbudgal, Yea ever since flowering has hit it's been real fun to watch my tiny little buds growing hehe. Well i never had anything besides my FF nutes and they are my first bottles since summer last year and only had grown with it too. I like it, convenient and quick to get it. Only thing is it's that strong! Specially Grow Big! Its got a hell ton of Nitrogen. Careful and cheers

UPDATE:

#Week 5

Hello fellow growers! Welcome back and thank you all for dropping in!

This week was very sad for me because everything started to go downhill ever since setting up the new lights and her first dose of nutrients. I screwed up somehow with the dosages with Fox Farm and now my little precious Whiteberry has been suffering ever since. I did flush it but i will detail everything in order.

April 7: ( Day 31 )

After two days of fully tested lights and nutes given, things was not getting any better. Wasn't sure if it was the heat or the nutes. Now the brownish is starting to get like dead crust

Any thoughts anyone? I would love to hear some opinions please and thank you.

April 9: ( Day 33 )

Yup at this point things really got bad and it's all around on every bud site.

Damn looking at this feels like she's screaming out for help and i have no clue how to help

I was told on social media that most of the damage was caused by overnute and that i should flush it out right away.

With no hesitation, flushed it with 2 Liters of Saturated water and let it dry for a week.

While the soil was drying, i started cutting one damaged leaf or two each day or so.

April 10: ( Day 34 )

Maybe it's too soon to tell but i think it slowed down a bit. No?

Regardless of all this damage, she's still looking good

April 11: ( Day 35 )

So what is everybody's thoughts and what kind of deficiency do you guys think she had?

I'm all clueless on this. Hopefully things turn out for the best.

Hoped you all enjoyed.

Happy Easter everyone and stay safe!

Comment

Sorry I’m late but here’s a chart everyone should have
        im not sure it’s 100% but it’s pretty close
        Attached Files

Comment

• ilumigrower
          ilumigrower commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey Daskahn, welcome back! Yup i have that same chart and I've been looking at it like a gazillion times and my best guess so far is potassium deficiency and second guess would be cal/mag. Till today i still don't know tho

I think potassium or zink

Comment

• ilumigrower
          ilumigrower commented
          Editing a comment
          hey Daskahn, sorry for the late reply but yes I think so too

I think that you may have over fertilized her, low wattage set up use less fert.

Comment

• ilumigrower
          ilumigrower commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi diode, welcome aboard and thanks for stopping by. Sorry for the late reply but yes you are correct and that is why I flushed her on the April 9th.

UPDATE:

#WEEK 6

Hello my fellow growers. How's everyone doing?

Welcome back and thank you all for visiting.

April 13: ( Day 37 )

April 15: ( Day 39 )

April 16: ( Day 40 )

April 18: ( Day 42 )

Not much has happened this week.

Lowered her down by removing all books that was beneath the pot. She's been getting a nice breeze on top of the colas.

Temps are now between 19c - 22c and humidity between 35 - 45.

Watered her once with tap water pH fixed between 6.1 - 6.4 after the flush.

Question: Should I feed her with Tiger Bloom only or just keep watering her?

That's it for week 6 folks.

Have a great week yall and have a blessing one

Comment

I just read your post, it's sad to see the beautiful plant turn out this way, I'm starting my first grow so unfortunately I can't be of much help

How is she now?

Comment

UPDATE

#WEEK 7

Hello everyone! I'm back and I do apologize for disappearing but its been hard to keep it up and felt like i needed a break lol
            Thank you all for visiting and for the awesome support that you all have given to me.

Welcome to week 7

April 24: ( Day 48 )

Main cola

Main cola is fattening up nicely

That's all the pictures that was taken for this week. Not much has happened since the flush but she is getting frostier day by day and she is looking healthier too

The flush definitely fixed my issues and with confidence I can say that I was having a major nutrient lockout. I should've known that having more than 1 or 2 deficiencies is more likely to be nutrient lockout. Specially when nutrients was given and deficiencies was still there and getting worse.

Sorry for the lack of pictures but next weeks update I promise to bring with more pictures and exciting news

Be safe everyone & enjoy

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X