Beginner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beginner

Hello everyone. Long time reader. First time showing. I have 4 plants. The big 2 are about 11 weeks and smaller ones about 6 weeks. Growing in a tent with 2 1000w cheap led lights. The big plants seem too bushy to me. giving them 17 hours of light a day. Grown in a peat, perilite mix. Light is about 24 inches above the plant. Hoping to get everyone’s opinion of what to do. Thinking About switching to under 12 hours in 2 weeks. Hoping to get some advice and tips. Thanks everyone. https://imgur.com/BZIP8YG

Welcome rook. Your plants look good, don't be afraid to pluck a third of the leaves, they will thank you . And take your pics. without the light. Give them an extra week or two of veg. You'll be so happy.

Comment

Thanks I will take some better pictures tomorrow. When plucking the 3rd of the leaves do you want to pluck the bottom part of each branch? The middle part of the plant is really bushy. Can I remove smaller branches and leaves?

Comment

• JDU
        JDU commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes. Thin out the center so the fans can blow through. Not bare mind you- but you can clean them up

• Bengfan
        Bengfan commented
        Editing a comment
        To answer your question, yes. But to further your knowledge I highly suggest you read Nebula's tutorial on defoliation. Take it slow at first and before long you will just have a feel for which leaves need to come off. The suckers can come off too or be left for your trim plie. Good luck!

I just topped & thinned these GSCs this morning.

Comment

You sure can Rookie from the bottom up remove large fans and on inside of center large leaf remove. Then you look down on them and get on floor or put them on a table if you can see through the lower bottom then fans can move air better through canopy. Good luck keep us posted.
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Thanks everyone. I will take a stab at defoliation tomorrow and post the results

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X