watering with roots in mind, whats too much? also leaf tips at hard 90s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

watering with roots in mind, whats too much? also leaf tips at hard 90s

Whats it mean when just the tip of some fan leaves make a hard turn 90 degrees down?

right now i'm watering every 3 days in a promix hp style medium with even more perlite and draining material added.

i'd assume 6 weeks in that the root balls sufficiently established so would every second day feeding/watering be excessive?

Maybe, what pots are they in? (and size) I would also take a 30X lens and look at the underside of those leaves, for bugs.
    When I build a pot of soil I lift it dry, then wet. I water when the pot is lite, and not when it is heavy. In plastic pots they will become root-bound (many holes drilled in them for air flow helps). I use fabric pots on risers, they let the soil breath, are hard to over water also, and they self prune the roots so they are never root bound..

Comment

i have them indoors and steralized.. no bugs but i'll take a look to humor you.

they are in 3 and 5 gallon fabric pots with a thin layer of bark nuggets on the bottom.

its funny you mention weight i just put a scale under a 3 gallon pot and one solo cup full of water seems to add 1 pound of weight.

in 48h i have noticed at least 3lbs weight reduction..

i'll monitor how quickly the water is absorbed and try to water when about half the water i used are all dried up.

i'm sure in flower it can accelerate so i'll scale them a few times through various stages.

Comment

I mention bugs as I just did battle with 3 types, predators are in the near future,.

Comment

really enjoying this scale.. blows my mind that an hour after watering the pots a pound lighter.

where does the water go? the plant takes it up the roots and its turned into plant material and oxygen at a ratio of like 200:1 or something.. so cool!

anyways the 3 gallon pot was 10lbs with almost starting to curl/wilt fanleaves.

after a good soaking and removing water from the drip tray i'm looking at 18lbs.

thats promix with lots more perlite and a few special additions.

i have been superthriving too so i'm calling the roots as good as they gonna get and will be watering every second day now.

thanks for responding this post was pretty buried by the time someone got to it.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X