LED light sizes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LED light sizes

Just want to get everyones opinion, Im an indoor grower using a 1200 watt LED ive only done three to four plants at a time (keeping it legal) I have a friend who wants to do 10 and get some clones going, What would be a sufficient size LED to use?

What size area do you want to cover?

Comment

3-4 square feet

Comment

Depending on the draw of the light, I have a 1600 that draws 400 watts but I have another 2000"watt" that draws 330 watts but for 3to4 sqft the higher end 1000watt LEDs would be sufficient in my eyes. Height and such makes a difference as well. Hard to use a light that says to stay 2 feet from the top of the plant in a 3 or 5 foot tent.
        Vegging 4 aurora indica, waiting on seeds. Got eyes on a 4x8x8 tent.
        sp150x2 philz330 and Philz 100x2
        4 plants currently under 500w
        2 x opulent systems 4x4x80 tents and a 24x40x48 baby box.
        GH full line of nutes+calmag and my molasses sugar brown sugar liquid mix at 30ml per liter.
        Happy growing/consuming 🥴
        Space is at a premium when you're growing premium in space 😁

Comment

? So 1.5 - 2ft x 1.5- 2ft?
          Or 3ft x 4ft? (I have 4 plants in a 4x4 (16 sq ft.) area & there is no room for more....)

Comment

I have the Mars Hydro TSW-2000 307 watts covers 3x3 in flower and 4x4 in veg.

Comment

• JDU
              JDU commented
              Editing a comment
              That's what I have too, with 2 sp600s to extend the footprint to 4x4

Also You'll want a separate area for clones with higher humidity & a less intense light than for flowering.

Comment

• Willyd
              Willyd commented
              Editing a comment
              I thought it was a pretty small area for that many plants too, im guessing he plans on only letting them get up to 12" or so but then whats the point in my eyes.

I have 3 very wide photo plants 36x36x72 I don't think I would want 4 large photo plants in there but you could if you didn't veg them long. Does you "friend" plan on using his home also? Or do you take the chance to get a late night knock on the door? You could take loads of clones from 1 plant and dozens from 4 legal plants. Trusting is a huge concern.
            Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
            indoor/outdoor grower
            1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
            1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
            I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
            Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
            Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
            Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Willyd
              Willyd commented
              Editing a comment
              he plans on doing it all at home im assuming. as far as the late night knock on the door that sounds like his problem lol. Cant see them really fussing over 6 plants too many but you never know I suppose, glad it wont be me finding out.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X