No announcement yet.

Grow diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice video - chrysanthemums - certain percentage of pests that like cannabis don't like chrysanthemums.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• swegrow
      swegrow commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks! I will get some seeds asap

• Daskahn
      Daskahn commented
      Editing a comment
      Marigolds are also a natural pest deterrent

I did fuck up a bit and gave to much nutes. I gave almost a week dosage x2 in about 4 days. Stupid misread of the schedule. Anyway, flushed with pure water today and most of them are doing just fine. Got some weird yellowing/drooping of the small top leaves on the flower site on 2 plants though.

I figure 1, its the nutes bein to much. 2, to close to the light, 3, been to directly in the air from the fan and got stressed du to that. Or a mix of it all. The rest of the plant is all green and looking healthy. They got droopier after the flush so maybe just stress from that?

I did switch position of the plants to get a further from the light, I also flushed to runoff and redirected the fan.

Would appreciate your input.
    Indoor grow. LED, Soil. Autos.

Outdoor grow. Autos, fem's, bagseeds

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...944-grow-diary

Comment

It healed itself, or my actions did.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Ta daaa good work and nice save

• swegrow
        swegrow commented
        Editing a comment
        Haha thanks you, Im learning =)

Iam so very bored right now. Isolated for 2 weeks. Ive got a cough and a sore throat but apart from that im 100%. And also, even if Im not a big smoker, im out of weed since yesterday.

Filmed my grow room to share with you guys. No reason other than Im bored.

Added a UVB reptile light today. Had it laying around and figured why not. Experimenting is how we learn right?

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        That's a great video thanks. Friggin bored myself me and hubby just got done watching 2 netflick movies in a row. Yes we've been out also i'm making a run into town going to find some take out food so tired of my own LOL we'll pick up several grams every couple days, i hate it. It was raining up until 1hr ago going out for a walk up and down the road we live on it's alittle over a mile long dirt road. I miss seeing my daughters

• swegrow
        swegrow commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks guys. Yeah Im doing some yard work and keeping busy. Not much to complain about really =)

• JohnEmad
        JohnEmad commented
        Editing a comment
        swegrow, It would be real interesting to see the difference between using supplemental UVB light compared to not using it. I am sure someone has done the comparison in a somewhat scientific way. Using clones in 2 different tents with everything the same except the added UVB. This is supposed to account for the more psychoactive properties in weed grown near the equator where UVB is stronger.

JohnEmad I agree. Might try that out later,

Did some trimming. Im I supposed to do that once they start to flower? She is about 7-10 days in. Guess I will notice. Brooklybn sunrise auto.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Looks good for now

• Daskahn
        Daskahn commented
        Editing a comment
        If you trim the leaves off the lower portion and remove the very small “popcorn” buds it is believe the higher buds will get bigger but I’m not 100% on that

• swegrow
        swegrow commented
        Editing a comment
        SoOrbudgal Good! =)

Daskahn I read that but im a bit torn, dont want to screw around by doing TOO much experimenting now in the beginning. I will (hopefully?) build some confidence this grow and take alot with me to my 2nd. But thank you for the idea!

Got myself a little army of seedlings, and spring is finally here. Good times ahead!

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200406_214340.jpg
Views:	623
Size:	566.8 KB
ID:	392197

Comment

• Daskahn
        Daskahn commented
        Editing a comment
        How cold does it get? If the green house is closed it should keep a Herod heat overnight.. plus a little chill causes purple and higher thc

• swegrow
        swegrow commented
        Editing a comment
        Budgal - Me too, being isolated at home I germinated all the seeds I had laying around. Just got the outdoor flower seeds left and Im about to get outside and plant them aswell! =)

Daskahn, It gets around freezing temp at night with alot of chilly winds during daytime too. I think I will keep them inside for another week maybe to let them get a tad bigger. Then its moving time!

• Daskahn
        Daskahn commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah if it gets that cold you should wait a bit lol don’t want weed sickles

I move around the plants about 2 times a week to check them out and to remove lower fanleaves if needed. This critical orange punch is getting out of hand! Gave her a good trim of the lower branches and fan leaves and staked her up with 4 bamboo sticks. She was about to fall over once the fabric pot dried up. She is not much over 5 weeks old but 3 feet tall and some, might be a heavy yielder, but Im just guessing.

Got all the kitchen herb seeds I ordered today. Mint, basil, parsley, oregano, chives, lemon balm, rosemary and so on.. Planted 24 mints to germinate on the only windowsill thats not occupied yet, and the rest is going in the "greenhouse" tomorrow. Also going to set up the outdoors growbeds.. tomorrow..or the weekend...or sometime soon...I hate digging! =)
      Last edited by swegrow; 04-07-2020, 09:15 AM.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Man she is a big auto, good job lucky you. I've not had a auto that tall yet. My Durban auto was the biggest. I gotta get into my clone tent outdoors on the porch today and do some shifting around need to make room for 1 more clone Girl Scout Cookie that I stupidly saved from a trimming I did. I just love this strain. Great job on your big gal

• swegrow
        swegrow commented
        Editing a comment
        It was pure luck! =)

I really want to get a tent aswell to have a room for veg/clones. Would be awesome!

I have one more auto almost as tall, a colarado cookies from DP that one aswell.

Are these hermies? That ballshaped little growth on the branch with a small thing sticking out of it, looks like a male "flower" to me or am I wrong?
      Last edited by swegrow; 04-10-2020, 05:16 AM.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Those are fat resin filled female calyx they are a very good thing

• swegrow
        swegrow commented
        Editing a comment
        SoOrbudgal Ah, thank you haha! I got a bit worried there =)
        Last edited by swegrow; 04-10-2020, 09:54 AM.

Healthy plants by the look of it and everyone is starting to fatten up. Full dose of bio-bizz bloom and top max now, and handling it well so far.

Comment

Went and picked up the t5s I bought a couple of weeks ago today, seller threw in a extra one w/o tubes with some minor fixing to do on. That leaves me with 3 complete fixtures, 2 with tubes. They are about 160cm long (5.2 feet). Dont really have place to hang them but a fun project would be to build a big box with light and vents and all to use for veg and seedlings and maybe clones. I might just do that. Keep you all posted.

Comment

Hey! Been absent due to work. Time for an update!

All the plants are doing very well. Far beyond my expectations for a first grow. They just do their thing, I feed them, talk nice to them and they thrive.

I manage to keep the temperature between 22-25C and humidity at around 45%, it rises some after watering as expected though. Using biobizz bio bloom and top max now during flower, I also have 2 runts I put in 1litre pots since I did not have space for them, they work as my "science experiment" and they get the biobizz + canna bloom and more nitrogen from some veg nutes. They do look well so far and getting some fine buds for their size, and no nute burn or anything.

I run a UVB light for the last hour before dark period, its a weak reptile light I had laying around and dont really notice any difference.

Pictures from today -

Click image for larger version  Name:	20200418_192811.jpg Views:	0 Size:	756.6 KB ID:	396612Click image for larger version  Name:	20200418_192807.jpg Views:	0 Size:	759.7 KB ID:	396613Click image for larger version  Name:	20200418_192819.jpg Views:	0 Size:	653.4 KB ID:	396614

I also got these glasses (with led lights) instead of a jewelers loupe to check the trichomes. Useful AND makes me sexy. Win-win.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20200418_192753.jpg Views:	0 Size:	413.6 KB ID:	396615

A video off the grow room and the ladies

I hope everyone is having a good weekend and staying safe! I love your input on what to do better or change so please share your knowledge if you feel like it. Peace!

Last edited by swegrow; 04-18-2020, 01:32 PM.

Comment

Yep them's some sexy glasses. Great grow too !!
          Focus and relativity.

Comment

• swegrow
            swegrow commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you!

Starting to thicken up, Wonderfull smells. One of them smell just like pesto made with basil.

Comment

• Canuck147
            Canuck147 commented
            Editing a comment
            Good looking forest.

Soon time to harvest. Got one plant that got her last flush 2 days a go and just waiting for here to dry out before cutting.

On a couple of the others, fanleaves are turning yellowish. I understand this is normal near harvest, am I right? Here are some pictures.

Also, read on a couple of places that people put their plants in complete darkness for a day or two before harvest. Is that a good approach? Thanks in advance =)
          Click image for larger version  Name:	20200426_164949.jpg Views:	0 Size:	749.1 KB ID:	398853Click image for larger version  Name:	20200426_164947.jpg Views:	0 Size:	701.7 KB ID:	398854Click image for larger version  Name:	20200426_164951.jpg Views:	0 Size:	698.5 KB ID:	398855

Comment

Still looking fine !! I've left them in the dark before, I consider it a waste of time. Grow it till it's ready then take it down. Have a great grow !!
            Focus and relativity.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X