Grow diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grow diary

Putting up a journal here for discussion and to share knowledge! This is my first indoor grow.
    Modifies our small indoor closet to a growroom, its apx 150x100x230cm.

I use a TGL 220 LED light, a 125mm carbon filter and 2 speed fan. Got a wallmounted fan and also a small usb fan situated between the pots to make sure there is circulation and no stale air down there. Probably overkill for now =)

I got a very small ultrasonic humidifier (also usb) but need to get a proper one soon. Humidity is a bit low. Put in a radiator aswell for the cold winter days, not very good insulation in that space.

Current grow is a bunch of autoflowers. (Dutch passion seeds, Critical orange punch, colorado cookies and brooklyn sunrise) Planted in solo cups 3-4 weeks ago, transplanted 4 of them to 3 gal fabrics 2 weeks ago and the remaining for a week ago. I use biobizz lightmix and I wont add any nutes in yet 1-2 weeks atleast.

Last but not least, I hooked it all up to smartplugs and amazon alexa. Makes it possible to use my phone for timers etc (voice control too but thats not relevant haha). Found a very basic sensor for temp and humidity aswell that I will get soon.

Hope you guys will follow this and I would love everyones input and ideas for further improvements and discussion =)

(I know the ducting could be betterlooking but I was eager to get started when I got all my stuff)

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200314_153849.jpg
Views:	1621
Size:	866.0 KB
ID:	383945
    Indoor grow. LED, Soil. Autos.

Outdoor grow. Autos, fem's, bagseeds

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...944-grow-diary

Looks like your having fun swegrow - setup looks great - me, I like to grow autoflowers as well. I have grown Colorado Cookies before - I bet your tallest plant in the back right corner is the Cookies.
    Any plans on topping?
    Good luck growing.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Great start there swegrow I enjoy seeing new growers have their grow pretty much together on track, shows you did research on what the plant basic needs are soooo refreshing Lots of good folks here will help with your questions. You got a nice little setup and autos look healthy. Man this techie stuff is really something to us old farmers like automation/Jetsons LOL. Good luck your on the way.
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Daskahn
        Daskahn commented
        Editing a comment
        First thing I thought was... they can do that lol

Looking great, can you tell us more about your light? TLG I've never heard of, I've heard of HLG, Is yours the same kind?
      Does yours have a dimmer?
      Cant tell much about your picture, but one plant looks pretty close, to your light.
      Anyway, I'm sure you will do just fine,
      GoodLuck
      Ps, it would be nice if you could put your shorter plants on something, to get them all receiving the same amount of light. Fabric pots sure need to be off the floor, helps them to dry out quicker, and breathe better.
      Last edited by D.A.A.S.69; 03-14-2020, 11:26 AM.
      Cfls for a week or two
      315lec for everything else
      Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
      36x36x63 inch tent.
      6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
      Smart pots
      Molasses
      Autoflowers

Comment

Originally posted by Canuck147 View Post
        Looks like your having fun swegrow - setup looks great - me, I like to grow autoflowers as well. I have grown Colorado Cookies before - I bet your tallest plant in the back right corner is the Cookies.
        Any plans on topping?
        Good luck growing.

Thanks! Actually that is a critical orange punch, I have one more and its like 1/3 of the size. Dont know what happend to that one =)

I did pinch / top them 2 days ago!

Comment

Originally posted by SoOrbudgal View Post
          Great start there swegrow I enjoy seeing new growers have their grow pretty much together on track, shows you did research on what the plant basic needs are soooo refreshing Lots of good folks here will help with your questions. You got a nice little setup and autos look healthy. Man this techie stuff is really something to us old farmers like automation/Jetsons LOL. Good luck your on the way.
          Thank you so much! We got the amazon alexa last christmas from brother in law, newer really used it up until now though =)

Comment

Originally posted by D.A.A.S.69 View Post
            Looking great, can you tell us more about your light? TLG I've never heard of, I've heard of HLG, Is yours the same kind?
            Does yours have a dimmer?
            Cant tell much about your picture, but one plant looks pretty close, to your light.
            Anyway, I'm sure you will do just fine,
            GoodLuck
            Ps, it would be nice if you could put your shorter plants on something, to get them all receiving the same amount of light. Fabric pots sure need to be off the floor, helps them to dry out quicker, and breathe better.

Thanks! Check out https://www.todogrowled.com/gb/

I had not heard anything about them before. I found a growstore just a 10 min drive away, got there and talked to the man. He swears by them, got me a good deal and so far I think its good, I dont have anything to compare with though =)

Good point. I built a wooden platform to get them up a couple of inches and to allow the air to move better. You think thats enough?

Attached Files

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
              D.A.A.S.69 commented
              Editing a comment
              swegrow, that sounds like a very nice light, you should do good.
              You just want your whole canopy even, so your plants are all the same distance from your light.
              I've had to put books an such under mine, if they weren't all the same height, just so it wood be an even canopy.
              A good breeze always helps.
              Your gonna do fine.
              GoodLuck swegrow.

• swegrow
              swegrow commented
              Editing a comment
              @SoOrbudal - Yeah, its a jungle of information out there regarding LED lights. I will have to do some experimentation I think. Yes, they will finish in there. Getting one more light to get a better spread later on.

• swegrow
              swegrow commented
              Editing a comment
              D.A.A.S.69 Got it! Im putting together some wooden blocks or something later today to even it out. Thank you!

The ladies look good but got a bit slowed down from topping the other day. There is also quite a big difference in size and development on some of the plants, a bit puzzled about that but I hope it will even out eventually.

Name:	20200315_092420.jpg
Views:	1300
Size:	684.0 KB
ID:	384238

Name:	20200315_092427.jpg
Views:	1302
Size:	480.8 KB
ID:	384239

Name:	20200315_092329.jpg
Views:	1304
Size:	830.0 KB
ID:	384240

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
              SoOrbudgal commented
              Editing a comment
              Yesterday my neighbor who's building a new home told me to "raid the wood scrapes" if I needed anything. So I did and came home with all sorts and sizes of squares/blocks. I was using old text books LOL

Got me some wooden block and rearanged this, more even distance to light now.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20200315_132339.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.45 MB ID:	384312

Click image for larger version  Name:	20200315_133643.jpg Views:	0 Size:	665.8 KB ID:	384311

Also tied down the biggest one to get more light to the lower branches,
            Click image for larger version  Name:	20200315_125629.jpg Views:	0 Size:	664.5 KB ID:	384309

My boy helping out, he loves to
            Click image for larger version  Name:	20200315_133106.jpg Views:	0 Size:	535.8 KB ID:	384310

Got this small rigg for germination, its been really good. 2x24w t5s and I have a heatmat in the bottom. Right now there is tomatoes, 3 kinds of chili and some other kitchen plants I will put outside in a month or two. I actually grew a couple of autos from start to finish in it for fun. Beautiful healthy plants and I got maybe 10 small joints from the crop =)

Click image for larger version  Name:	20200315_133826.jpg Views:	0 Size:	504.1 KB ID:	384308
            Last edited by swegrow; 03-15-2020, 07:49 AM.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
              SoOrbudgal commented
              Editing a comment
              Excellent we love veggies mixed into our weed garden

• swegrow
              swegrow commented
              Editing a comment
              SoOrbudgal Yes! Flowers, poppy, veggies and herbs everywhere! =)

2nd big feed today, still only using plain water. About 1,5litres each. I let them dry out almost completely. Last one was 11/3. I think I need more light, wish I could afford another LED but Ill have to wait some time yet. The mrs just started her new job and Ive been the only provider for a time. Looking at a bright future though

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
              SoOrbudgal commented
              Editing a comment
              swegrow wishing you and the Mrs. a very bright future to include better lights, patience good things come with patience. It's one of the hardest lessons I've ever learned

• swegrow
              swegrow commented
              Editing a comment
              SoOrbudgal Thank you and much love!

Starting to get thirsty!

First dose of nutes today, I hope im not to early. Gave 1/8 of regular dose of 4-1-3 that I had laying around together with alot of plain water. We have our own well and our water is very clean, all plants seem to love it. Got a bottle of Canna's "Terra flores" that I plan on adding 1-2 times during bloom. Any advice on this would be much appreciated! Im very cautious with adding nutrients, especially when the plants are looking as healthy as they are right now.

And a newbie question, does autoflowers take off and get alot bigger/taller when they start to bloom just like photos?

I also have these 3 "leftover plants" that I germinated together with the others but dont really have room for. They are in small pots. Anyway those will be my learning plants. I dosed 2 of them with a full dose of terra flores today, and the 3rd I will try out a bit tougher LST on than ive done before.
            Last edited by swegrow; 03-20-2020, 11:28 AM.

Comment

Well yes they do stretch but not nearly as much. Now lights and distance from them play a huge part. Like seedlings stretch when to far from light. Autos and photo do the same. Some have lights closer to make short nodes between buds some auto naturally have wider node spaces and may stretch more. Kinda depends on what the breeder says about the strain also. You just don't know until it starts, that's where your LST comes into it.

Autos will slow down growth we call it " stall " if they get abused but heck it's how we learn to grow them. Great idea about the 3 leftovers, your being smart about it.
              Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
              indoor/outdoor grower
              1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
              1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
              I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
              Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
              Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
              Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• swegrow
                swegrow commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes they already start to get more lanky and also some are starting to "pre flower". Trick now is to keep the canopy even I think, will get me a net next week to make it a bit easier to maintain =)

Thanks. Yes, I tied that one down to the edge of snapping. Will see how that goes!

Room is starting to fill up. Will have my hands full to manage the ones in the back soon, pleasant problem to have though =)

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                SoOrbudgal commented
                Editing a comment
                LOL get ready to become a barber just alittle off the insides please.

• swegrow
                swegrow commented
                Editing a comment
                =) I will se how I go about that, should I cut the big fanleaves lowest on the stem now or wait? They seem to put alot of shade over the smaller flowers lower on.

Looking good

Comment

• swegrow
                swegrow commented
                Editing a comment
                Thank you!

Today I removed the biggest fan leaves, they where on node 5-6 or something like that and they shadowed all the lower flower sites, even with the branches LSTd to get out from the stem. Was this the right call to make? Im going by instinct and a little bit of googling here. Would love your experienced advice on matters like this. The leaves where the size of my palm.
              Last edited by swegrow; 03-23-2020, 01:08 PM.

Comment

• swegrow
                swegrow commented
                Editing a comment
                Good to know, thank you! Looking forward to it.

• Daskahn
                Daskahn commented
                Editing a comment
                To explain it a little in detail.. yes I agree you did a good thing.. because those big fan leaves were blocking new bud sites.. by taking them off you open them up to the light increasing your end yield

• swegrow
                swegrow commented
                Editing a comment
                Thank you Daskahn.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X