Opinions on harvesting northern lights auto at week 9 flowering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Opinions on harvesting northern lights auto at week 9 flowering

Hello friends. Northern lights growing in soil. Currently at week 9 flowering. Trichomes inspection revealed almost all cloudy trichomes. No amber ones yet. Should I harvest now or can I wait for another week or so until a bit of amber trichomes shows?

Comment

It depends on what kind of effects you’re looking for. The more amber the trichomes are, the greater level of THC conversion for a more sedative feeling. Some may view that conversion as a degradation which may make you think of it in a failing condition like you are losing potency. My preference is for about 35% amber trichomes. It makes me uncoil, unwind, relax, even zone out or sleep. .... if you would try to take a bud now, dry it a little and sample it...you may love where it is or may want to allow more amber development..

Comment

Where did you get your seeds ?
        The NLight autos I've grown took between 90-100days, to get mature, mine came from Nirvana.
        How many days old are yours ?
        Cfls for a week or two
        315lec for everything else
        Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
        36x36x63 inch tent.
        6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
        Smart pots
        Molasses
        Autoflowers

Comment

• ra5h1d
          ra5h1d commented
          Editing a comment
          Got mine from Growers Choice Seeds. 13 weeks 4 days from germination. Week 9 flowering. All 5 plants have vastly different phenotype. One might have been photoperiod even because I had to change the light to 12/12 to induce flowering. I would consider different seed bank for my next grow.

Mostly it depends on things like, do I need the space ? or How much pot have I got on hand ? Besides that I always let 'em grow.
        Focus and relativity.

Comment

Aren't Northern lights supposed to be one of those strains that help to chill it on down, maybe help with sleep Etc. In any case I'd say let them go a while longer. Trichs aren't full milky yet much less amber.

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
            D.A.A.S.69 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah, Northern Lights are like taking a chill pill, if you let them get ripe, awesome smoke, if you like to get laidback, lol, I like laidback.
            They are slow to finish though. Mine always smelled like Pineapple, once they started smelling, mine didn't even start smelling untill about the 3rd.week of flowering, they really don't have a strong smell at all, but great relaxing medicine.

• D.A.A.S.69
            D.A.A.S.69 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah, I'd let grow ,till you see some amber anyhow.

I reason for my growing NL is the effects from fully ripened for us that's 20% amber and at the very least milky no clear for me.
          Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
          indoor/outdoor grower
          1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
          1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
          I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
          Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
          Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
          Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

I just put 2 NL Auto seeds in Jiffy Pots, next to 2 Bubblicious Autos. (I originally planted 4 BLs, but 2 didn't come up so I planted 2 NLs) (Will have 4 autos in my 3x3 tent in 3 gall fabric pots (I hope I have enough room! The BL are 2 days old and 1 1/2" tall. Like others have said, if you dig "Laid Back" wait for at least a few Amber Trics
            Last edited by Sledrock; 03-14-2020, 12:22 AM.
            3'x3'x6' Cool Grow Tent and Large Wooden Cabinet
            3 and 5 Gallon Fabric Pots
            Coco Coir with 30% Perlite
            2-450 watt Vipar Spectra LEDs
            4" Exhaust with Vivosun Fan and Carbon Filter
            6" Oscilatting Fan
            GH Flora-Trio Nutes with Cal-Mag and GH Liquid Kool Bloom

"Why Do You Keep Banging Your Head Against That Wall?"
            "'Cause It Feels So Good When I stop"

Comment

Thanks for the input guys. I think I wait until 20-30% have turned amber. I prefer the couchlock/ stoned effect as well. Perfect for after work smokes before sleep.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X