Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Flora series cal / mag?

hello mate,
    My situation is this right.. I use the trio flora series I measure 3.79 ltrs, if I use the ml from the per gallon chart from GH, my EC and is a fair bit over the recommendation amount? so why would that be like that?

Dazzman cheers

hello dazzman, are you starting with RO water? if not you might want to test EC before adding nutrients and probably the water already has some EC

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
      D.A.A.S.69 commented
      Editing a comment
      I bet that's it.

hey dazzman,

those flora feed charts do assume you start with RO water.

i take it you were looking at this one (attached?) ?

and, how are you mixing?
    in what order?
    Attached Files
    GreenQube 1.5m x 3.0m x 2.2m tent
    2x CDMH 315W lights
    870m3/hr fan
    8 x 42L DIY DWC buckets, 2 airstones each

Comment

I used flora series on a recent grow at 1/3 strength (Tumble weed), Cal Mag bumps up ppm like crazy and I believe because I added it also at 1/3 and I should of added it at full strength the plant did not do as well.

I now use RO water and add Cal Mag first (Read it somewhere here).

When I start growing again in the fall, I will grow the same seed as above with 1/2 strength just to test, but I do not rely on the PPM per the charts, I end up with burnt and curled leaves.
      Proving the world just needs more tumble weeds
      A tale of two seeds
      Batter Up Sour Deisel
      Batter up! Amnesia Haze Autoflower
      New Year, New Grow, Jack Herer DWC
      Batter up, Girl Scout Cookies extreme auto (GSCE)

Comment

My tap water starts with 170 or so ppm. That is normal. Some is less some is way more depending on your community. Adding Calmag gets you right next to 1000ppm. When I half dose with Flora nova bloom I'm over 2000ppm. It works well. I water everyday with this solution. I would follow the feed charts ml/gallon unless you want to mess around with ro water. You could follow EC recommendations and starve your plants if everything isn't taken into consideration.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X