Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

can bad genetics by shit breeders be grown into great smoke by quality growers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can bad genetics by shit breeders be grown into great smoke by quality growers?

how far can the green thumb take you in the realm of cannabis cultivation?

can our state of the art tech and knowledge be applied to end up with quality smoke despite low test seeds with terrible yield qualities etc.. made worse by bad breeders introducing more herm likelyhood and soft/poorly developed seeds that reportedly dont have high germination rates?

No. No, In 10 characters.
    Focus and relativity.

Comment

To some extent yes but so many variables that go into it. Short answer no....but everyone has had different results with shit seeds. Myself included. But can't turn shit into gold. Even with the Midas touch.
      Vegging 4 aurora indica, waiting on seeds. Got eyes on a 4x8x8 tent.
      sp150x2 philz330 and Philz 100x2
      4 plants currently under 500w
      2 x opulent systems 4x4x80 tents and a 24x40x48 baby box.
      GH full line of nutes+calmag and my molasses sugar brown sugar liquid mix at 30ml per liter.
      Happy growing/consuming 🥴
      Space is at a premium when you're growing premium in space 😁

Comment

• JDU
        JDU commented
        Editing a comment
        Lol your reply hit as I was typing mine.
        But actually pig farmers have been turnin the shit into electric gold for years now

• D.A.A.S.69
        D.A.A.S.69 commented
        Editing a comment
        Love that Midas comment, that's funny.
        Superman can't turn bad genes into good ones either.

I imagine a great farmer could get a decent harvest that some beginners would find acceptable but he/she would be disappointed. You can't squeeze blood outta a turnip.

Comment

• Farmall
        Farmall commented
        Editing a comment
        Boy, JDU those hillbilly comments just keep comin’..... love it ....

You know, ..these kinda things are fading from our lexicon as our society creates legions of smart asses, politically correct idiots and yuppies...😱. I just loved Uncle Jed’s seement pond!

• JDU
        JDU commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah buddy lol. I try to stay down home even though I'm stuck livin city for now. The seement pond, fancy eatin room & possum innerds & hog jowls!!! I have seasons 1&2 on DVD 🤠

IMHO no there is nothing that will overcome bad genetics.

Comment

I honestly have to disagree the question as I read it is could you get good quality and quantity out of bad genetics.. my reply would be yes.. but only after years of cultivation and hard work.. like you would have to get a male breed it and keep selecting to the desired traits.. however that would take a long time and resources that you could just go get better genetics and start off better.. overall making the bad genetics.. a terrible place to start..

Comment

After growing bag seed for years, I tend to vote no. After getting good genetics my grows are light years ahead in quality and quantity
          Proving the world just needs more tumble weeds
          A tale of two seeds
          Batter Up Sour Deisel
          Batter up! Amnesia Haze Autoflower
          New Year, New Grow, Jack Herer DWC
          Batter up, Girl Scout Cookies extreme auto (GSCE)

Comment

Makes no sense... bad gens equals bad quality.. you cant make a pig pretty can you? exept puting on lipstick

Comment

• wibe
              wibe commented
              Editing a comment
              not rambling at all.. i think you gave a very seasoned response. something i was hinting at.

if you have a system dialed in an get ditchweed you can still probably germ 50 and recognize the nest 3 and nerture the cotyldons off them and end up with a decent product with all be it a lot more effort than if you started with fire.

i'm of the same dispoisition. if you dont like what you got then change it.

antithesis of "it is what it is"

• JDU
              JDU commented
              Editing a comment
              Bagseed is not necessarily shit bred. That's unknown genetics. The Dirtweed or brickweed we all remember wasn't as bad genetically as the final product that reached the States. Poor packaging/shipping practices mold insects, males left for seed & thrown into the bales was what made that stuff shitty.
              Last edited by JDU; 03-15-2020, 01:18 AM.

• Farmall
              Farmall commented
              Editing a comment
              JDU, nicely said

wibe Just curious, how did you figure out they were bad genes?, and by shit breeders do you mean they are a bunch of dicks, bad customer service etc.? And not for nuthin but my first try at growing I had found part of a bag of what we used to call Mexican dirt weed stuffed in the back of a tool box probably cause it was shitweed . I dropped a few seeds out of it, put up some cfls and grew a couple of plants that turned to be bombassed bud. I had people tell me it was better than any they had gotten from Colorado pot shops. Beginners luck? You betcha, nurture or nature? Who's to say.

Comment

RagWeedDWC - says it best - don't be a cheapskate pay $10 a seed.
              ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
              Mars Hydro
              Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

i do suppose "quality" is relative and the "great farmer" reply rings true..

just a philisophical question, it wasn't in response to a situation or anything.. i am just wondering what experienced growers are feeling these days.

so impressed with aeroponics and the current level of understanding between feeding and environment, i wonder if anyone would prefer to have their grow room over their choice of good genetics if it came down to it.

​​​​​​​might make for an entertaining competition.. clone ditchweed and give contestants a budget and 2 clones.

Comment

• Daskahn
                  Daskahn commented
                  Editing a comment
                  So far I’ve seen bag seed surprise me.. and good genetics do real good as well.. I think at the end of the day it’s about your expectations.. if you grow a bag seed plant and do the pro techniques and have all the right nutes and everything you will be surprised with the results.. because you started with bag seed... but if you grow really good genetics you should expect to get good quality and quantity.. but if you mess up in anyway or forget something your chances of hitting what is expected is reduced.. so like I started with.. if you don’t expect much and do good yourll be surprised but if you expect a lot and don’t do good.. then you’ll be disappointed

Originally posted by alltatup
                There is no solution, no hope, no improvement, for...

It must be killed.
                When does that flick show?

Comment

• alltatup
                  alltatup commented
                  Editing a comment
                  64 years ago. It's one freaky movie.

• Farmall
                  Farmall commented
                  Editing a comment
                  So we’re late?

dont appreciate the thread jacking but it looks like the conversations dead.

is this a meme retard forum now too?

Comment

• Daskahn
                  Daskahn commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It wasn’t intentional.. just when I get all gun ho into something I get passionate about it lol

• Farmall
                  Farmall commented
                  Editing a comment
                  The beauty of a causal relationship with each other is ...anything is acceptable when civil..to a point

• SoOrbudgal
                  SoOrbudgal commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hear hear Farmall

Daskahn I am with you.

The answer to the OP is "Yes", if you farm.

Comment

farm always was a scale thing to me but i guess with scale comes knowledge from experience.

i was getting more at the quality of the best growing setups these days though which would be a much smaller scale.

unless large scale aeroponics is a thing.. or like a swimming pool dwc.

i guess more a craft growerie or "artizan" operation was what i had in mind.

Comment

• Daskahn
                    Daskahn commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Large scale dwc is a thing.. generally not used for weed but I’ve seen some very large dwc setups like a tank 20 by 100

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X