Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Placement of charcoal filter/fan in small tent?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Placement of charcoal filter/fan in small tent?

Hello all,

My state is now allowing MMJ patients to grow, so I am exited to put together my first setup. I am looking at utilizing GWE's mini grow tent setup as laid out in this article. Tent is 2x2x3, light is HLG 100 and I have a AC Infinity T4 and 4 inch charcoal filter I am trying to figure the best placement.

In Nebula Haze's tutorial she has the filter on the bottom of the tent, venting to the fan outside of the tent. Any ideas how she has the filter secured here? Looks to be strapped to something, but I can't figure out exactly how I would replicate what I am seeing. I also considered just having the filter sit upright vertically in the tent without being tied/secured. Any issues doing it like this? Thanks!Click image for larger version  Name:	mini-grow-tent-led-setup-example-with-expected-cost-and-yields.jpg Views:	0 Size:	502.4 KB ID:	383036
    Last edited by GinFizzLuv; 03-11-2020, 01:46 PM.

Yeah those are nice little tents, I love mine for those quick harvests with autos,
    Pretty sure she's got her filter strapped on a tent pole.
    If you got the room that works great, she knows what she's doing for sure, but I just put mine at the end ,on the floor blowing into the filter, does fine .
    You got a good light an everything, your good to go.
    She's right about the weight you can get to, on average, but you can get more than that too, normally get at least an oz. And up to 2-3ozs, dry pretty common per plant, with an occasional monster .
    Can't remember how many plants she had going though, or what size, I normally use is 4 2gallon pots
    and grow autos an try to keep them short an low .
    Your gonna do great if you follow Nebulas tutorials.
    GoodLuck and welcome to GWE,
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

You can use a piece of flexible aluminum duct tubing through your bottom port to the outside of tent-to the fan-into the carbon filter which stands on end. This leaves more room in tent. If you choose to run the duct tubing from an upper tent opening then down to your fan/filter combo it will also pull the hot air that rises to the top of the tent out and keeps tent cooler.
      If you bend you will be less likely to break.

Comment

Originally posted by D.A.A.S.69 View Post
        Yeah those are nice little tents, I love mine for those quick harvests with autos,
        Pretty sure she's got her filter strapped on a tent pole.
        If you got the room that works great, she knows what she's doing for sure, but I just put mine at the end ,on the floor blowing into the filter, does fine .
        You got a good light an everything, your good to go.
        She's right about the weight you can get to, on average, but you can get more than that too, normally get at least an oz. And up to 2-3ozs, dry pretty common per plant, with an occasional monster .
        Can't remember how many plants she had going though, or what size, I normally use is 4 2gallon pots
        and grow autos an try to keep them short an low .
        Your gonna do great if you follow Nebulas tutorials.
        GoodLuck and welcome to GWE,
        D.A.A.S.69 thanks! The plan is to run a couple small strain Mephisto autos and do some LST to keep them short.

I do think I would have enough floor space to do as you do and have the filter on the floor. I bought some 3 gallon fabric pots. Debating using them as 3 gallon, or folding them down to give a couple more inches headroom as squat 2 gallon pots.

With a correct fan and filter setup, how manageable has the odor been for you in a tent like that?

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
          D.A.A.S.69 commented
          Editing a comment
          GinFizzLuv You should be fine with 3-3 gallon pots in your tent, if you keep them trained, especially Mephistos, the ones I've grown stayed short anyway, just right when you trained them. Easy to grow, and damn good smoke too.
          As far as smell, don't ever smell anything till we open the tent, and you got a nice, new good filter,, you should be fine, though some plants, just plain stink, in a good way.
          But you should be fine.
          GoodLuck with them ,your are very fortunate to be in a lucky State.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X