Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dead leaves on the underside

hey guys,
    i'm currenty on the forth week of flowering and im curious. is it normal to have leaves dieing on the underside of the plants canopy? It seems like the leaves that arent getting the light are dieing. i recently added molasses to the grow . from my research apparently molasses arent useful in hydro setups. otherwise the plant is producing well so im wondering if im worrying for nothing

Sounds like the plants are using what they can from the lower leaves to power the budding then they fall off once they're used up. Or the plant didn't have enough nitrogen during its younger life but pictures always help.
    Vegging 4 aurora indica, waiting on seeds. Got eyes on a 4x8x8 tent.
    sp150x2 philz330 and Philz 100x2
    4 plants currently under 500w
    2 x opulent systems 4x4x80 tents and a 24x40x48 baby box.
    GH full line of nutes+calmag and my molasses sugar brown sugar liquid mix at 30ml per liter.
    Happy growing/consuming πŸ₯΄
    Space is at a premium when you're growing premium in space 😁

Comment

so how can i stop the lower leaves from getting used up? is it normal for that to happen or is it a nutrient deficiency?

Comment

It's hard to say about your situation, especially without pics but yes, it is normal for that to happen.

Comment

sorry about the pink photo. the plants so big i have trouble moving it out of the grow tent. the leave i pictured is how all the underside leaves look

Comment

I can't tell my your pictures, but if they are yellow-brown on the bottom of your plant, I'd pull them off.
            If your new growth at the top is green an healthy, you should be fine.
            Unless they all start turning yellow -brown, then something is wrong.
            Cfls for a week or two
            315lec for everything else
            Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
            36x36x63 inch tent.
            6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
            Smart pots
            Molasses
            Autoflowers

Comment

Something is too hot in the water, you say your doing hydro and put molasses in it? Does it smell at all like something not right?
              Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
              indoor/outdoor grower
              1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
              1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
              I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
              Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
              Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
              Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

That one picture of the leaf is classic nitrogen diffency, even more so if it's on they'rethe ground or falling off on their own, wouldn't be too worried with it considering its in flower. If you give nitrogen take it very easy, I'm told it doesn't taiste the best ​​​​​​ when mine do that I let them fall on their own, if the plant is sucking on the leaves I let them get what they can out of it them pick them off the floor. In my experience. But it's not the end of the world by any means. Just like the corona virus, not the end of the world...got your toilet paper yet?
                Vegging 4 aurora indica, waiting on seeds. Got eyes on a 4x8x8 tent.
                sp150x2 philz330 and Philz 100x2
                4 plants currently under 500w
                2 x opulent systems 4x4x80 tents and a 24x40x48 baby box.
                GH full line of nutes+calmag and my molasses sugar brown sugar liquid mix at 30ml per liter.
                Happy growing/consuming πŸ₯΄
                Space is at a premium when you're growing premium in space 😁

Comment

i pulled off all the dead ones just to see if it was getting worse. it seems to have slowed a bit. would be nice to have a plant thats perfectly healthy for one. always seems like they have to die a little bit. weed is so finicky .and ya i got lots of toilet paper so im good.

Comment

It's an annual, it's meant to slowly use up it's nutrient stores trying to reproduce and then die.

Comment

now the top leaves are starting to turn yellow on the tips. i tried adding some higher nitrogen nutes to it but havent been seeing any result.

Comment

• Jordann
                        Jordann commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Pics please 🧐 we will investigate. I try not to pull of the yellow or dying leaves. They're doing it for a reason and usually to use up what they can from the leaves to stay healthy. Instead pick them up once they fall off.

i just took a picture of one of the leaves. the leaves are starting to curl a bit and they're turning yellow quite fast. maybe i have too much nitrogen?

Comment

• Jordann
                        Jordann commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Not to much no. I would keep up with the N for the time being

• Jordann
                        Jordann commented
                        Editing a comment
                        How far into budding are you? I use my micro with my bloom straight through. The bloom is 0.N and micro is 5.N. Keeps everyone happy up to 3 weeks to completion. Last 3 weeks just water.

im entering week six of flowering. i drained my resevoir and cleaned the bottom. it was like sludge. so i switched nutrients to something a bit more watery. that flora nova stuff by general hydroponics is like mud so i switched. the stuff im using now is a three part solution. it has a micro component, bloom, and grow.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                        SoOrbudgal commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Yes the flora nova bloom is very concentrated I've used it for soil I like it a lot. And it's a messy pour from bottle and not cheap. But it's one I will continue to use when it comes back in my ag. store.

plant still seems to be dieing. i dont know why i can never get the flowering time right.

Comment

You should avoid putting molasses in your reservoir. There shouldn't be any sort of organic material in a hydro setup, instead you can use Epsom salt or Sweet by Botanicare.
                        4x4x6.5 tent, (2) 18"x46" LED Strip Fixtures 440w?? πŸ™ƒ (2) Solacure UVB T8s, Infinity T6 fan, (4) 5gal DWC res.
                        GH Trio, Calimagic, LKB, Armor Si, Sweet, Hydroguard, GH pH

First.Grow
                        Second.Grow​​
                        PC.Grow
                        Grow.3
                        4th.Grow
                        I used to smoke pot. I still do, but I used to too.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                        X