Germination

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Germination

I'm not new to gardening but this is my first cannabis grow. I germed 4 seeds of different strains. I started out soaking in warm water for approximately 18 hours. They all popped & was moved to coconut hush with about ⅛" or 2mm of media over them lightly & covered with plastic wrap. The seed that had two longest tail had levees & was on top of the ground in two days. I waited 9 days on the other three then got concerned & dug them out. I believe I saved one of them that had wrapped itself in a ball. I rinsed it & untangled then put it back in it's solo last night. So see two seems happy now with the leaves starting to get some color.

Seeds 3 & 4 seem to have the same amount of tail as when I placed them in the cup 9 days ago. It's like to have 4 plants going at the same time but don't have room for more until about may when I move my garden outside. So I'm trying to decide if I should germ two more of wait to see what these two are going to do which are now in a wet paper towel & ziplock. I hate wasting any seeds with the price & difficulty in getting them to where I live.

​​​​​​​The first two pictures are the one I dug out to save. The last picture was the spunky one that did things right on it's own.

Hello Kmhubb and welcome to GWE forum. I feel your pain on "killing" seedlings and having to waste. But if they were free and not like $$ i would start new with the other 2. You've saved one and it's doing OK getting green again so good deal. The time it will take and perhaps issues with the deformed other seedlings not sure i'd grow them out. That one in your hand was pretty darn yellowed and looks like it's damaged it's stalk?

I've got the same problem waiting till better temps outdoors. I've got them potted up in larger cont. to wait it out there under a light for veggies. I'm thinking those 2 you dug up may be stunted or have trauma to them which may prolong grow and cause issues. What ever you choose to do is up to you. Best of luck and man that looks like some great dirt you got there
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

The first & second picture are the same seedling. The seeds cost a little over $10 each. The seedling in my hand doesn't have stock at this point. It was Roots all wrapped around the starter leaves. The second picture is after I put it in the media. The third picture is the seed that did well on it's own & was germed the same day & way.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Damn that's a shame. So at this point you got one good seedling right? I sure hope the seeds were feminized else you know that it has a chance of being male. Those others you dug up are back in a papertowel and baggie?

I'd say if you want to grow more than 1 plant and want them to be close in size, you should germinate more seeds now. We all know the pain of paying the high cost for quality seeds and most of us know the heartache when those high dollar bastards don't make it.

Comment

Yes
        One 🌱 growing like a weed. Another 🌱 seems I saved it. The other two are back in a paper towel & baggy so I can see what they are doing. I didn't want to throw them out yet because they both had a tail root starting that looks alive it they just haven't grown in 9 days.

Comment

I started 4 more seeds. Some the same as I tried before while trying some different seeds too. Why are these things wanting to start life all twisted up?

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            It needs light and cover it up add some gentle grow light about 3" away. A t-5 or CFL grow light. Are you reading the " How to grow Weed" tutorials here on GWE? Read the basics it will help you a lot.

I read those before joining the group.

​​I removed it from the media before taking the picture. The reason for removing it was because it grew out of the media back down in & up again.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X