3rd season grow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3rd season grow

Hi guys I'm starting my 3rd season of growing and have learned tons from everyone here and still learning. This season I'm starting 38 seeds. All regular except 6 feminized. Strains are super silver haze, tie dye, tajikistani hash plant, super sour cbd and the feminized are girl scout cookies, blue dream and Jack herer. Also gonna be breeding all the reg seeds stains together and make my own stock. Feminized are being grown in soil with earth dust dry amendments which is my first time with dry amendments
    Attached Files
    640 watt hlg quantum board
    320 watt diy chilled pucks x4
    300 watt mars hydro sp3000
    150 watt hlg quantum board
    100 watt spider farmer led x2
    organic soil with earth dust dry amendments
    Water only i don't check ph
    6 pot fabric autopots with GH trio nutes

Look forward to seeing all your plants grow

Comment

Way to grow Cloud i'm pulling up a chair
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Wow, this is pretty ambitious. If you don't mind, would you share your plans/goals with us? As someone who does this on a very small scale, I'm always interested in what others are doing and how they're doing it so I can learn and get better at this myself.

Comment

FunkyButtLovin Sure i dont mind sharing more information. I currently grow two ways DWC, coco coir. and experimenting with dry amendments on a few plants. I like the coco for the easier maintenance and the hydro for the yields and im hoping the soil plus dry amendments works out. Ive done the super soil route and i might compost my own at some point but i have to order everything.

Im a caregiver in the state of Arizona and i grow for 3 other people plus myself. I can grow up to 48 plants but honestly thats more than i need. So thats why im going to breed all my regular seeds together and make my own stock of seeds for future grows. I dont plan on making my own strains or anything just need my own seeds. Cloning is also an option but having a grow year round is kinda hard.

Also around half of the regular seeds will turn out male so will only keep the most vigorous male from each strain and toss the rest. Im also sure all those seeds wont make it so that lowers my plant count.

Comment

• Daskahn
            Daskahn commented
            Editing a comment
            I like your style and personally think it’s a good plan.. however I’d like to mention that if you actually do that.. and don’t bring in new stock from time to time.. you probably would end up making a new strain lol

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            Cloud I commend you for your service to others, takes a toll on you i'm sure. Keep on keeping on and good luck with breeding looking forward to seeing what you do.

• Cloud
            Cloud commented
            Editing a comment
            Daskahn I only plan on breeding these strains together once and hope i get a nice stock of seeds.

So far most of the seedlings have sprouted and tomorrow will be moving them into solo peat pots

Comment

I germinated 38 seeds. So far I've got 32 out of 38 seeds sprouted and looking good.

9 of the 11 tie dye sprouted and is looking good. Already got 1st set of true leaves coming in and is expected since it's in dwc with Iight dose of nutrient.

Got two extra seedlings I don't have room for but would hate to throw away. Problem is ordering something atm would take to long and not going out if I don't have to.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
              SoOrbudgal commented
              Editing a comment
              Don't you just want to save for future grows? I'm going to do those tie dye come summer. What are you looking for Cloud? You can PM me if you want I may have extra for real.

So I edited my response cause I errored do to not reading correctly LOL I thought you had extra seeds not seedlings but hey offer is there.

indoor/outdoor grower
            1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
            Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to

Comment

SoOrbudgal I wasn't to excited for the tie dye tbh and i might clone all my females before the flip to flower juat in case I find some strains I love. I got most of those seeds free with other purchases.

Also I have plenty more seeds for future grows and I need to make sure I have plenty of product for my patients and myself. I smoke easy oz a week lol and if my seeds I plan on breeding turn out good then he'll yea cheap seeds.

Comment

• Cloud
                Cloud commented
                Editing a comment
                I appreciate the offer for sure though 👌. Also new camera lol I need to tone down the quality. Pics won't upload

• Cloud
                Cloud commented
                Editing a comment
                also my germination results are all over the place. So I started more seeds than I needed to be safe.

• SoOrbudgal
                SoOrbudgal commented
                Editing a comment
                Cloud we smoke the same amount LOL between me and hubby but have had to cut back do to not growing enough LOL duh. We counted to heavy on last summer to supply us and others through winter but poor harvest. Then like a dork I didn't get my tent going soon enough taa daaa major shortage for all. Not gonna happen again. Good to hear your set up with seeds. Yes the tie dye is not a heavy indica from what I hear, maybe it will be OK enough to blend?? Good Luck

Ugh got the new Samsung s20 ultra and pics I take with it won't upload. So here I am on my old s6 posting pics lol.

So far things are going alright. I took a majority of the seedling and put them directly into 3 gal fabric pots in coco. 4 super silver haze, 5 Bruce banner, 5 super sour cbd, 2 tajikistani hash plant maybe 3.
              9 tie dye went into hydro and the fem seeds went into soil with dry amendments. 2 blue dream, 2 Jack herer and a girl scout cookies.

The 9 tie dye I put into dwc are growing really nice. I put 5 seedling in one tote and 4 in the other. I also put some seeds that didnt sprout into the leftover spots hoping they would sprout but nothing happened. I topped them last week and bottom nodes already over an inch long. Took 3 plants the other day and put them in a new tote. Roots are getting to big. Will transplant them all into their own totes next week and the. I'll give them a few days to rest and flip to flower. Little early but they growing fast and I need the herb for caregiver patients

now onto my problems. All my plant holders were dirty and I got them under the plants a week and a half late because of my job. I should have had them ready but last harvest took up my time. So the seedlings were real slow growing at first. I also ran out of coco and pots and had to order more and because of that 4 seedling got transplanted late. I believe they are finally turning around. Since last week they have doubled in size.

Comment

• Daskahn
                Daskahn commented
                Editing a comment
                Love your grow and they look healthy.. I’m worried about eventual space being gobbled up by so many but curious to see how you handle it

• JohnEmad
                JohnEmad commented
                Editing a comment
                probably have to resize your photos to a smaller files size before uploading. GL in the grow.

• Cloud
                Cloud commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks Daskahn this is actually inside my bedroom atm i have a nice 12x24 shed outside and more lights. This helps keep my costs down in the winter and early spring. I live in a desert and still gets almost freezing temps at night even in early june.

That is some real good looking soil in those pots. Well heck someone gotta pay the bills work comes first and Cloud caregiving is really awesome of you. I been saving up old plastic coffee cont. for use as 1gal pots. What ever works now a days. Those are going to love their new big home. Great job Cloud

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

• Cloud
                Cloud commented
                Editing a comment
                Got that soil from a hydro store last year when i went back to get Fox farms. They ran out and had this off brand stocked. Worked well enough last year and had one more bag which worked out perfect. I feel like anyone who can grow should be a caregiver for a friend or family but dont get me wrong i benefit greatly from it. I get tons of trim and popcorn buds to turn into hash. it gets all my cost covered and i practically smoke for free and it makes it super cheap on my patients. Still 200 250 an ounce here at a dispensary and thats for the cheap stuff or deal days.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X