Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5 Week old plant super short and Almost ripe??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! 5 Week old plant super short and Almost ripe??

Anyone ever see anything like this. I am currently growing several plants, this is Alaskan Purple. It just mainly has one Cola on top, and the side buds are there but small. The weird thing is, that the plant is almost fully ripe already. The plant is only 10 inches tall. The trichomes are already starting to turn cloudy. Obviously I'm not going to get much of a yield from this plant. Just wondering if anyone is ever experienced this, and if so is it just a dud?. Planted from a seed, Autoflower. The plant is only about 5 weeks from seedling..
    Attached Files

Growth variables can hit almost any time during the lifecycle and this could be from a stunted growth problem in its early development and you can increase yield and size by simple topping
    Joined September 2018 but after 1000 posts needed to reset user name. I cound’nt count that high. Farmall2 is smarter πŸ€“

Comment

• gags71
      gags71 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the response Farmall2. The funny thing is the tiny little side buds are already almost ripe as well. They're full of orange hairs, I looked through a Jeweler's loupe, and the trichomes are already cloudy. So even if I topped it, those other buds are nearly complete as well. I'm just thinking that the growth got stunted somehow. Or it was just a bad seed, LOL. I have four other plant in my grow tent that are growing very well with the same exact soil, light and pH water. It's very small, but it's looks super healthy. No yellowing or deficiencies anywhere, super Sticky Buds, and fruity smell.

• Farmall2
      Farmall2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey gags71 last spring I had a "bad" seed and nursed it along and it started to finally grow but it was a runt... Once it had a solid looking foundation and started developing.. THE SOB was a MALE ! Some times you cant win...

If the plant is only 10 inches tall
    my first guess is you started the plant in a 12/12 cycle it’s a common technique for people who want quick turn overs but there are some autos that stay small and flower quickly but I’ve never seen it that quickly unless again you started your lights in a 12 on 12 off time

Comment

• gags71
      gags71 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Daskahn. It's a feminized Auto seed, and has been on 18/6 since a Seedling.

How old is it from sprout? And how long was she supposed to take?

Comment

• gags71
      gags71 commented
      Editing a comment
      Right around 5 weeks from sprout. Average time quoted from seed city.com approximately 8 weeks. But between 56 to 90 days

Could also be genetics/breeder. I have a White Widow Auto that was ready in 10 weeks. The problem was it was only about 14 inches tall. It produced some fat buds but the total harvest on this plant was only 24 grams which is pathetic. I was growing it in FoxFarm Ocean soil and used GH Flora trio and treated it with the same care and attention as the other 2 plants I was growing (different strains)...properly PH'd water humidity etc. yet it was tiny but healthy. White Widow is supposed to grow a plant about 70 - 100 cm indoors, according to the breeder. I'd say this one fell way short of that!!!
    I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

• gags71
      gags71 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, I have four other plants that I'm growing the exact same everything. Same pH water same soil. The other plants are much bigger then this one. Don't get me wrong, the bud that is on the top is quite large. But I don't see it yielding much more than a half ounce total at the size it is.

Some plants are just runts.. sometimes a plant will show traits it’s not suppose to.. for example all autos are mixed with rudialus to get the auto/ fast short growing gene I think what happened was you got a runt

Comment

• gags71
      gags71 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Daskahn. That's the word that's been slipping my mind this whole time. But you are absolutely right, it's probably just a runt. I still have two more Alaskan purple seeds, I will try again on my next grow.

• Daskahn
      Daskahn commented
      Editing a comment
      At the end of the day. It may be a runt but the smaller ones usually pack a stronger punch so cherish that little one..

Thanks to everyone for all the words of encouragement, and help on this topic. I love this forum, and the way everybody treats everybody. Our government should take a lesson from this forum, and the world would be a better place. ✌

Comment

• Daskahn
      Daskahn commented
      Editing a comment
      Imagine there's no countries
      It isn't hard to do
      Nothing to kill or die for
      Only good ganja and family too
      Imagine all the people living life in peace
      You may say I'm a dreamer
      But I'm not the only one
      I hope some day you'll join us
      And the world will be as one
      Imagine no possessions
      I wonder if you can
      No need for greed but only a nice plant of green

Originally posted by gags71 View Post
    Anyone ever see anything like this. I am currently growing several plants, this is Alaskan Purple. It just mainly has one Cola on top, and the side buds are there but small. The weird thing is, that the plant is almost fully ripe already. The plant is only 10 inches tall. The trichomes are already starting to turn cloudy. Obviously I'm not going to get much of a yield from this plant. Just wondering if anyone is ever experienced this, and if so is it just a dud?. Planted from a seed, Autoflower. The plant is only about 5 weeks from seedling..
    Your right the yield wont be much but it could still pack a good bowl! My 1st ever is a runt as well but it was because I had all the wrong conditions for 1st three weeks of her growth but I loved her through the good and bad. She is still not done yet and I did what's called "SCHWAZZING" and may have destroyed her but I still love her and I'm gonna see how far I can take her. I call her my little bonsai girl
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20200407_095213.jpg
Views:	549
Size:	4.63 MB
ID:	396229

Attached Files
    God created the herbs of the fields for us to enjoy! The resinous smoke from all of this herb from all over the world rises like incense to his honor and glory!

Comment

This style of growing is very good for stealth grows if you did quadlining you could get more off the same size but I like your plant too

Comment

Originally posted by Daskahn View Post
        This style of growing is very good for stealth grows if you did quadlining you could get more off the same size but I like your plant too
        Thank you, I will look into the "quadlining" have not heard of it yet ​​​​​​. I did do some lst'ing but every plant I have growing right now is my first so still learning a lot!
        God created the herbs of the fields for us to enjoy! The resinous smoke from all of this herb from all over the world rises like incense to his honor and glory!

Comment

As another old first timer I'd like to share my similar experience. The photo is Blackberry Auto, germination started March 15 in an Aerogarden with no nutes, in distilled water. On Day 10 I moved it to a 5 gal bucket, sharing the space with two other seedlings. Day 23/Week4 I added GH nutes, 1.25, 1.25 and 1.25 into two gallons of distilled water, TDS 370 and pH 5.8.
        3x5 tent under a HLG 550 clone. Now in Week 5/Day 34 and showing a very premature maturity. Any hope for my girl? Allow it to run its course or is there anything I can do to save it?? Hey, thanks!

Comment

• Rwise
          Rwise commented
          Editing a comment
          She only has 3-4 weeks left to finish, whatever you do she is going to be small. Autos go into flower at 3 - 5 weeks from sprout.
          Welcome to GWE

If someone wanted to grow a flowerbed of plants just like that, small and finishing in 5-6 weeks from seed, what varieties or cultivars would one seek the seed for?
        If you bend you will be less likely to break.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Dwarfs seems to be my outdoor problem last year. Yep I got a couple of those dwarfs last summer smoke was OK

Originally posted by Old1stTimer View Post

Thank you, I will look into the "quadlining" have not heard of it yet ​​​​​​. I did do some lst'ing but every plant I have growing right now is my first so still learning a lot!
        I do have backup 😎
        Click image for larger version

Name:	20200417_151125.jpg
Views:	521
Size:	4.69 MB
ID:	396396

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X