Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seeds from a Hermie

>
    Ihave a Thai/Skunk plant that was one of my first plants to show female in the grow, but then went hermie on me about 3 weeks later. I have separated it from my other plants. My question is: if I let this plant pollinate itself, will I get feminized seeds ? I don't see how any of he seeds could be male, as it is a female pollinated by itself. I understand there could be a few hermie seeds in the mix, but wouldn't most be female?

...... Wow.
    I have a Thai Skunk who just threw a nanner.
    I've got clones of 2 more plants I'm gonna use to feminize some seeds rather than risk ones from a hermie. I'd be happy to send ya a few if you're wanting to save the strain for future grows.
    Last edited by JDU; 03-10-2020, 01:09 PM.

Comment

Some of the best weed I ever smoked came from a hermied plant. Save the seeds, they are all female.

Comment

The chances of more hermies are great, me myself and I toss them out to the birds (chickens)..

Comment

Rwise is right you have a higher chance of getting hermies from those seeds. I personally don't think it's worth the risk. Especially with the ease of getting quality genetics for me anyways.
          Last edited by Smokesteve; 03-11-2020, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Thanks for quick replies! -All legit information. Makes sense there would be some more hermies in those seeds, especially if it is a genetic trait in the strain. Might just let it seed out, keep the seeds and eventually plant them just to see what happens. I agree with Smokesteve that the ease of getting quality seeds these days might make the hermie a waste of time. Too bad - It was a real nice plant...except of course then it went HERMIE ....

Comment

• FunkyButtLovin
              FunkyButtLovin commented
              Editing a comment
              I had one recently and it was the nicest plant of it's group until the balls started hanging. Chopped the Transformer down and threw it in the compost. I have another one going now that worries me, it was a real slow starter and has shot up to be the tallest plant in the room, real healthy and nice shape but leggy. Hermie or not I don't think it will be bred but luckily I have another of her kind that looks better anyways.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X