Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nanner

Damnit.
    So..... 2wks from done & I'd rather not loose all that bud. If I cut n dry now will it be any good when cured or should I burn it? Or ride it out & hope they're sterile?

If that's the only spot, pinch it out and keep rollin'. Just watch her closely for more.

Comment

Ok. There was another questionable one kinda green but I couldn't find it again to take a pic.

Comment

Another thing you can think is if you let it seed then you have free seeds

Comment

• JDU
          JDU commented
          Editing a comment
          I thought of that & wondered if they'd be feminized but idk if I wanna chance a shitload of seeds prone to repeat. I have a bunch of clones off them & plan on using them to feminize some seeds.

Personally I would let her grow. It looks far enough along that you could do the traditional broken branch routine and after drying for a few days then burn it. Good growing !!
        Focus and relativity.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          I like what Eliot Pryor said let her grow. I'd pinch off the nanner bud section if it really bugs you otherwise let her go.

• Rwise
          Rwise commented
          Editing a comment
          I cut the whole limb off, 1 has 2 limbs left the other, well it has none! Sometimes cutting the offensive bud off works.

I myself would not keep seed from a natural hermie, just to great a chance of more hermies!

Comment

Howdy JDU, Nanners are not the end of the world (as we know it)! In my experience with them has been that, first they do not produce a 'ton' of seeds. The largest amount that I have seen was a bout 280 seeds from just over 14 ounces of bud (approximately 20 seeds per ounce!) and, secondly, all of the seeds (that I have sprouted and planted) have been female. plants, being from a hermied seed, do not always produce more seeds. The last grow, I only found 11 seeds out of 12 ounces of bud. The environmental conditions determines whether or not a plant gets stressed and hermies (nanners) or not. During the last grow, I kept the temperatures below 80° F and kept out light leaks.
          Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

Well those numbers aren't so bad.... Thanks for the grounding
            & I did catch your *As we know it reference haha 🎶

Comment

JDU just pinch them off with your fingertips a bit wet incase any pollen wants to spread it sticks to your fingers. That’s what I did on my last one and I just had to keep an eye on her daily it kept doing it I just kept plucking. After harvest and drying the buds so far not a single seed.

Comment

• JDU
                JDU commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks. It sucked to clip the top of a cola but better'n the whole plant. So far no more have shown up.....

Which plant was it?

I would rather be selective with my overcrowded flower tent, and only admit the very best genetics; ie. no hermies or seeds.

I stick with the most reputable breeders and clones from moms that have proven track records of growing consistently excellent buds. I don't have time to fuss over a plant for 3-4 months and then pick through weak, seedy pot.

It's much better, and really not very difficult, to spend your time growing potent, seedless pot, instead. The energy spent growing seeds was diverted from growing resins = weaker pot.
              Nothing is foolproof for the sufficiently talented fool.

Comment

The red. Like I said it was probably my fault & they came from a very reputable breeder. But I still tossed the clones to be cautious. I'll do my seed run with just the 4 clones off 2 plants.

Comment

• DingusKhan
                  DingusKhan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Oh good. I didn't like that one, anyway. I could tell she was going to be trouble.

• JDU
                  JDU commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Lololol

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X