Red hairs on not red haired weed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Red hairs on not red haired weed?

From the back of the tent it looked burnt or bug eaten... up close one bud out of 100 is starting to look like it's gonna be red haired..... Does anyone recognize this as a good or bad thing? It was 1/2 way down the stalk & not subject to light burn.

q
    The pistils you see are called stigmas and part of the pistils, bud tends to have pistils with a lot of hairs. When your weed matures, the color of the pistils' change. At first, these are white, but as your marijuana approaches maturity, the color changes to red or red orange
    Joined September 2018 but after 1000 posts needed to reset user name. I cound’nt count that high. Farmall2 is smarter 🤓

Comment

Ah ok. I've had many strains (bought not grown) that didn't have red hairs & assumed that these were gonna be one of those strains.
      So they all turn like this?

Comment

• Farmall2
        Farmall2 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yup! It is another sign to look for as they approach maturation....By the way, are you up at 3:36 am or is my post time not set properly? Looks like it S 9:30am and the post I just made shows 1:30pm

• JDU
        JDU commented
        Editing a comment
        I honestly dont remember. It says it was at 7.36 but it seems like it was a lot later than that.

JDU is that from a clone or something I gave you? I had really orange red stigmas off one that was suppose to be a Black Cherry Punch? Anyhoo……..I got to give away 5 clones yesterday to a neighbor grower, lessoned my tent thank goodness.
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• JDU
        JDU commented
        Editing a comment
        No, A Black Cherry is going in next though. This is the Thai Skunk. & congrats!! Do they need any more?? Lol.

JDU oh hell no LOL hey it's thai skunk eh well now I got's me 2 of thems but they are still in my veg. tent no room in bloom do to Mega Mango, OG and GSC. I'm just now in bloom fed the little budlets just this morning. Put that on yer calender Mister LOL
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

SoOrbudgal and JDU I really wish I lived nearby... that just sounds like a shitload of fun... I only have 1 other person I could even talk to here
        Joined September 2018 but after 1000 posts needed to reset user name. I cound’nt count that high. Farmall2 is smarter 🤓

Comment

• Farmall2
          Farmall2 commented
          Editing a comment
          DingusKhan you put it so nicely...and you bring up a good point. Actually the fishing trip REALLY got my blood flowing. Waiting for stripers to start their spring run. Last year a friend went out to the Baltimore canyon and caught a 220lb bigeye swordfish at 3am.

• DingusKhan
          DingusKhan commented
          Editing a comment
          If that's the fishing you got goin' on, I'm coming out your way!

• Farmall2
          Farmall2 commented
          Editing a comment
          How about this one... when we bought our boat, the first two seasons we paid about $525 / lb of flounder...and that’s just the gas.... of course we enjoy the boat part of it but that fishing sucked. That bigeye was a surprise to them as well...it what they fish for along with tuna but it’s no guarantee. The eyes on that fish were about 4” in diameter and down about 1200feet.

Which one is that? Is green still your front runner?
        Nothing is foolproof for the sufficiently talented fool.

Comment

It was on Greenie. I'm liking Ole Yeller more these days. No small branches just bud covered stems growin straight up to colas 2x the size as the other 2 who have a million little buds everywhere. Red hermied on me today.

Comment

• JDU
            JDU commented
            Editing a comment
            Haha yes! - It's a super secret code.
            -When I topped the Thai Skunk to manifold I cloned them & stuck matching colored toothpicks in the dirt so I'd know which one was the best producer to keep as a mother or for seed.

• Daskahn
            Daskahn commented
            Editing a comment
            That’s a brilliant idea which I thought of that..

• LurkingInTheGrass
            LurkingInTheGrass commented
            Editing a comment
            Farmall2

CInnamon (or armageddon) is usually the safe word of choice

I wish someone lived near me wanting to give away clones lol
          ive been given weed with differing color hairs ranging from orange to red but I’ve also seen “pink” and yellow and I swear I’ve seen one with purple hair.. no idea what that was though or how it had purple color

Comment

• JDU
            JDU commented
            Editing a comment
            There's a reason Teddy said "Go West, young man" lol.

• DingusKhan
            DingusKhan commented
            Editing a comment
            I think before the end of the year, we will be able to trace a route through legal states to get to most parts of the country.

• Daskahn
            Daskahn commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah I’ve already had my brother explain to me a number of different routes

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X