Germinating/Planting auto seeds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Germinating/Planting auto seeds

Hello My friends, I have some autos, i'm going to germinate, and was wondering when you turn the light on? Once the tap root sprouts, and i put them in the soil, should i start the light, or wait for them to break ground? my concern is, what is they break ground while I'm at work, it could be up to 10 hours in the dark. Could that kill them?

I set them where they get light from a window, once sprouted then give them light, but not to strong just yet.

Comment

Hey johnb1963 I would not be concerned for your 10 hour window. The “embryos” will hang out so to speak and when you can initiate your lighting, do so. Remember in nature, seeds germinate and the sun rises and sets on them daily. Once I see the little tops just emerging, my lights are on
      Joined September 2018 but after 1000 posts needed to reset user name. I cound’nt count that high. Farmall2 is smarter 🤓

Comment

I put light on them as soon as I get them in soil but it's not necessary, I do it to mimic the sun shining down, warming the top of the soil and to build humidity in the cup. I use a 14w cfl bulb in a desk lamp, the light goes on when the seed gets covered with soil and turned off when they're too big for the cfl and ready for the MH/HPS about 2 weeks or so later.

Comment

I place a 29W full spectrum grow light in a table lamp over top of the sprouts at about 5 inches as soon as they sprout the "sucker" leaves. I leave them there until about week 2 then move them to full light spectrum LED.
          I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

I soak my seeds in a glass of water, an if they are fresh, you'll see a little tail in 24-36 hours, then I put them in their pots, with a cfl, about 5-6inches above, when they pop up I put the cfls about 2-3 inches away
            and continue to use cfls, for maybe 2-3 weeks, then I give them all the light at full power that they can handle, I use qboards, now and I hang it high at first, then start lowering it ,closer and closer if they start stretching.
            Your gonna do fine, love that big Largemouth, did you catch her?
            Cfls for a week or two
            315lec for everything else
            Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
            36x36x63 inch tent.
            6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
            Smart pots
            Molasses
            Autoflowers

Comment

Thanks guys for all the input. Daas69, I didn’t catch that beauty, but had caught several in the 10-12 pound range

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
                D.A.A.S.69 commented
                Editing a comment
                Dang thats a nice one, you must live in Texas -Florida -California or down South, catching one over 10lbs is a real trophy, thats for sure.
                I used to fish in BASS, tournaments for years, and fished, guided ,damn near every day, and never saw many weighed in over 10lbs, I've only caught 5over 10lbs in my whole life. With my largest ever being 11.11lbs, in a club tournament at lake Talquin, in Tallahassee, Fl.
                Caught plenty 8-9lbs, though, our State record here in Mississippi is 18.6ozs, a real monster, world record is 22.4ozs.
                HappyGrowing

Nice, DAAS69, that was my childhood dream, to be a pro-bass fisherman. I live to socal, a short drive to lake Hodges, full of the F-1 bass, lake record is 20-04. there are also 4 other lakes with-in 2 hours, that have world class bass fishing.

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
                D.A.A.S.69 commented
                Editing a comment
                The California delta, has some huge bass as well.
                HappyGrowing

By the way, do you guys remember the cable channel TNN ...The Nashville Network? I think it has now evolved into CMT Country Music Television. There was a show called Bassmasters? I remember way back they would go fishing then in a stadium filled with 10,000’s of people, the fisherman would be trailered in on a Bass boat and lift his catch up in the air and the crowd would go wild....crazy wild...cheering and clapping. Always amazed me ( the people get so excited watching it but not doing it )
              Joined September 2018 but after 1000 posts needed to reset user name. I cound’nt count that high. Farmall2 is smarter 🤓

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
                D.A.A.S.69 commented
                Editing a comment
                Been there ,done that, super fun, not so much fun, if you aint got no fish in your bag,lol

• FunkyButtLovin
                FunkyButtLovin commented
                Editing a comment
                I used to get the magazine when I was about 12. I recall one issue with an article titled "The Pros secret weapon: Mini-Craws" and thinking to myself "I've been using those things my whole life, there's no damn secret" Then I went out and caught a crapload of bass in the neighbor's pond with a small Rapala jointed minnow, silver/black with the red nose.

many trip with on fish in the bag, lol. question, i germinated 3 seeds, 2 of them have a tap root, long enough to plant, the last one, has creaked open, and i can see some white, but the tap root has not popped out. do you think the seed is good?

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                SoOrbudgal commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes the seed is good.

• FunkyButtLovin
                FunkyButtLovin commented
                Editing a comment
                Absolutely

so should i wait it out in the paper towel, or drop it in the soil?

Comment

I quit using the paper towels. I drop 'em in water until they crack then they go straight into soil, watered in gently, covered for humidity and lit with a 14w CFL. They're usually usually standing tall within 60-72 hours of opening the package.

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
                  D.A.A.S.69 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I'm with you, FBL, I dont use paper towels either, johnb1963 if its cracked, you can go ahead and put it in your pot.
                  It might be the last one to pop up, but it will in 2-4days.
                  HappyGrowing

awesome, thanks guys, I'm going to go drop it in the soil right now!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X