Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forum Issues with Private Messaging (Forum offline on 3/5)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forum Issues with Private Messaging (Forum offline on 3/5)

Hey Everyone!

Many of you have run into issues using private messaging. We've had people working on it for a while but unfortunately, PMs are still just as broken. To that end...

The forum will be taken offline on Thursday (3/5/20) so we can make a backup before we update the forum software.

We use one of the most popular forum software packages in the world (vBulletin), but that means that many fixes are dependent on the company releasing them. Hopefully, this fixes our PM issues.

That being said, Nebula and I are already working on a (more long-term) plan in case we can't resolve these PM issues. We're looking into a more modern forum software solution, but we still need to make sure it can handle the massive amount of use (and pics) we throw at it. If you want to take a look, it's called Discourse (here's a demo site). This isn't set in stone, but I wanted everyone to know that we're with you in thinking that the current solution could be easier to use and more modern.

I'll have withdrawls!!! Lol. Thanks for the heads up. Do we need to save anything ourselves?

Comment

• FunkyButtLovin
      FunkyButtLovin commented
      Editing a comment
      We need an online meeting place for 3/5/2020. Someone make us a chatroom. I'd do it but I have no idea how. JDU have you the technical skills necessary?

• JDU
      JDU commented
      Editing a comment
      Not me... I haven't run a message board since they were CALLED message boards!

• RagWeedDWC
      RagWeedDWC commented
      Editing a comment
      "Not me... I haven't run a message board since they were CALLED message boards! " Same here, hated the stress of taking them down, applying updates and praying it all started back...…

Thank you for all your efforts to connect us with private messaging! We appreciate you. Korn
    If you bend you will be less likely to break.

Comment

Hmmm wonder how many days it will be?
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• FunkyButtLovin
        FunkyButtLovin commented
        Editing a comment
        You mean it could be more than 1?

• SiriusFourside
        SiriusFourside commented
        Editing a comment
        We're planning on it taking less than a day. This is a non-emergency update from Vbulletin, so I don't anticipate anything crazy. 🤞

Good. I'm glad it will be down. More than a day, too. Some of you people rely way too much on this forum for social interaction. I plan on sitting on a yoga mat on my balcony and meditate. One day. Two. No TV. I don't have a cell phone. I propose we fast until the site is back up. Water is cool because we might get thirsty.
      Find your mantra early before someone else chants it.
      More elephant!

Coco/perlite
      3x3x6

Comment

• Gingerbeard
        Gingerbeard commented
        Editing a comment
        Cat touches me while I'm zen and I set a strategic thermobaric mine in puss's litter box. Activated by cat pee.
        I have a rather lengthy story about a meditation I did where leader guru gut told me I got in touch with my soul. Even though knowing how I feel about the subject. Real strange trip.

• RagWeedDWC
        RagWeedDWC commented
        Editing a comment
        Zen gets zapped pretty regularly around here...Bride can produce a honey do list quicker than my dog can spot a roach

• Gingerbeard
        Gingerbeard commented
        Editing a comment
        RagWeedDWC My list was the 'Do-it!' list. Not a drop of honey.

Thanks SiriusFourside for paying attention to this forum - how can one pass on comedy. As well as great pics.

Speaking of pics Farmbuck - hasn't been around with his great pics - sorry to see Spidermite going - his pics were second to farmbuck.
      ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
      Mars Hydro
      Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• Farmbuck
        Farmbuck commented
        Editing a comment
        I"M BACKKKKKKKKKKK !!!!! Well from the Yucatan, I was forced to get back because of our PM and the damn virus

Great chance to meet with growers from the same state
      new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
      current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

I guess I'll just have to crank up the stereo and annoy the neighbors, it's been to long anyway. LOL I am zoned industrial and can make all the noise I want!
        I hope the update goes very smooth and trouble free!

Comment

• LurkingInTheGrass
          LurkingInTheGrass commented
          Editing a comment
          +1 for raging up the neighbors 😁

Went to the Discourse site, looks similar to a lot of forums. Support pages seem to be answered timely and most of the issues surround functions.php (Normal) modes or user/admin issues.
        Flow seems to be similar to vbulletin, did not test uploads or stripping of information from photos. (They might get a little fussy).
        I think most of the forums are similar, backend support and cost would for me be the driving issue.

Seems to be expensive, and I have no ideal what data storage requirements are needed but it does look small and expensive.
        Proving the world just needs more tumble weeds
        A tale of two seeds
        Batter Up Sour Deisel
        Batter up! Amnesia Haze Autoflower
        New Year, New Grow, Jack Herer DWC
        Batter up, Girl Scout Cookies extreme auto (GSCE)

Comment

• SiriusFourside
          SiriusFourside commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for your assessment, dude. I appreciate you checking it out. 👍

NOOOOOOOO ! All other sites are to techy, the simplicity of this one is the is one of the many things I love about GWE. That, and I fear change.
        Last edited by PRIMO; 03-04-2020, 10:58 AM.

Comment

I agree. Newer is not always better, but may in actuality be a dis-improvement. How many times have we seen this? I don't know what all of the hullabaloo is about anyway because my PMing is flawless.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh starramus everything you do is flawless bwaaahaaaaaahhaaa sorry still high from last night LOL

• starramus
            starramus commented
            Editing a comment
            i am the lizard king. i can do anything. oops uh he's dead isn't he?

starramus He's in this guy's body now - Mike "Lizard King" Plumb One of my favorites, he's been rippin' for a long time.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	lizard-king-wants-to-keep-skating-forever-1413242625868.jpeg?crop=1xw%3A0.7867954070981211xh%3Bcenter%2Ccenter&resize=2000%3A*.jpg
Views:	317
Size:	313.9 KB
ID:	381152

Comment

Nooooooooo, I'm already having sweats, racing thoughts, paranoid ideations: please, Serious, don't take the site down. I need a hit of it, man.
            Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
            2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
            Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• RagWeedDWC
              RagWeedDWC commented
              Editing a comment
              It starts with seven steps :-)

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              RagWeedDWC All I admit is that cannabis is powerful and makes my life manageable.

• RagWeedDWC
              RagWeedDWC commented
              Editing a comment
              alltatup we are in agreement!

If you’re looking to change the software... might it work differently to have sub sections? On a music recording forum I use, its divided up by guitars, drums, effects, microphones, etc.etc

similiarly...Soil, Hydro, lights, postbprocessing

thinking out loud, Good night all... see you all over the weekend

Comment

• Gingerbeard
              Gingerbeard commented
              Editing a comment
              You keep your cultish chant to yourself. I'll keep mine to mine. Savvy. Don't fucci with my zen.

• RFheavy
              RFheavy commented
              Editing a comment
              That would be cool. Have a bunch of subcategories for all things cannabis! Edibles, concentrates, soil, hydro, etc.

• Farmall
              Farmall commented
              Editing a comment
              Sounds like a nice idea.... works on a bbq forum. Pork, beef, poultry, rubs, and that kinda stuff

I still have the same response, I see the PM button for half a second and poof I am in public messaging
            Open suse and firefox

Comment

• Farmall2
              Farmall2 commented
              Editing a comment
              Rwise mine got so crazy it was just was just easier to make a new name... I was only able to view and nothing else

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X