Reverse Osmosis Water

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reverse Osmosis Water

Doing some planning for the next grow. I'm looking at RO systems. Preferably one I can install in the garage. Any suggestions? Or system recommendations?
    Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11", HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Autopot system, Coco 50/50 perlite: Ace Seeds fem photo Purple Haze x Malawi x 2 Seeds dropped 2-2-24
    Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 100% Sativa Ace Seeds Malawi x 4
    Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Yeah don't! I disconnected my RO system as it increased my water bill significantly. Lots of WASTE.

Comment

For every gallon of RO water you get you will throw away 4 gallons of water to drain. Unless you have some truly horrendous tap water I would recommend against it. Why are you considering it?

Comment

• starramus
        starramus commented
        Editing a comment
        absolutely! golfnrl get a rain barrel.

• golfnrl
        golfnrl commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm planning to use a super soil produced locally. The recommendation to maintain the microorganisms is use either distilled water or RO. I was thinking RO would be simpler, although I'm not thrilled about either option.

• starramus
        starramus commented
        Editing a comment
        rain water is naturally distilled water

If you really want a RO system, waste water is your biggest enemy. I recommend you go for a system that has a 1:1 filtered to waste water ratio, like the RO-505 from Global Water or the Home Master. You can look into both systems and draw some comparisons here if it helps make up your mind easier https://popular.reviews/reverse-osmosis-system/. However, if I were you, I'd honestly go for distilled water, it might be a bit more hassle to produce if you get a distillation unit, but I think it's much cheaper in the long run. I'm no expert though, so I could be wrong. Best of luck, bud!

Comment

I cant say which one to go for, just the Whirlpools are shit!
        First month it ran 6000 gallons of water down the drain.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X