Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should I Consider a Different Water Source

Hey Guys,

I'm two weeks in to my first set of autos (Fast Buds WCOG). I assume everything is going as planned, but I can't help but think these girls are a little behind schedule. I took a look at my local water report and it seems that the TDS is a bit high. I'm growing in coco and using GH trio along w/ cal/mag...should I consider another water source?

Howdy Todoubled, Without seeing any photos or any details of the growing conditions, I would say to cut back on the CALMAG. I have been growing in DWC and have only used the local tap water and have not needed to use any of the calcium magnesium supplements, Too much could be harmful to the plants growth.
    Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

Thanks for the feedback, DW2! I was under the impression that calmag supplements were necessary when using Coco...Is this not the case?

Comment

• DW2
        DW2 commented
        Editing a comment
        I have not used the coco growing medium before, but I can not believe that using less (hydroponics, water without coco) would need more. My local 'hard' water seems to provide the necessary amounts of the trace elements for my plants. Or at least, they have not shown any of the signs of a deficiency. If I used 'soft' deionized water, I would probably need to use a Cal/mag supplement.

I discovered, today, that they offer a Flora-Micro for hard water. Does anyone have any experience with this and if so, do you continue to supplement with the calmag?

Comment

According to your water readings the PH level of the tap water was tested at 7. Adding nutrients to water can change the PH level so right now as it stands, the level is too high as plain water.
        If you are growing in Coir then the PH should be between 5.5-6.5 with the nutrients.
        It sounds like you don't have a PH meter. Get one and save yourself a lot of headaches...a decent one can cost as little as $20. Add nutrients to the water, shake/mix thoroughly then test the water mixture.
        P.S. in order for members to help with issues, you need to supply way more information because there are all kinds of different cannabis strains, grow methods, equipment etc. Pictures of the plants are also helpful.
        I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

Originally posted by dilvish View Post
          According to your water readings the PH level of the tap water was tested at 7. Adding nutrients to water can change the PH level so right now as it stands, the level is too high as plain water.
          If you are growing in Coir then the PH should be between 5.5-6.5 with the nutrients.
          It sounds like you don't have a PH meter. Get one and save yourself a lot of headaches...a decent one can cost as little as $20. Add nutrients to the water, shake/mix thoroughly then test the water mixture.
          P.S. in order for members to help with issues, you need to supply way more information because there are all kinds of different cannabis strains, grow methods, equipment etc. Pictures of the plants are also helpful.
          I have a Ph pen and have been keeping my nutes in the 5.8-6.0 range. Not sure what other information would be needed to field the original question.

Comment

• dilvish
            dilvish commented
            Editing a comment
            Again more info is needed, preferably some pics of the plants. Without it it's like diagnosing a computer problem when you don't even know the operating system it's running.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X