Yellow plant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yellow plant

So my ph is spot on, feeding Humbolts Secret A&B, Cal Mag & molasses, 7gal plastic, flushed soil, 4wks into flower. How is a whole plant turning yellow? *Note this is the one I had probs with earlier until Mr.furley helped me remember it was in 1/2 used soil. It was doing great & catching up until now.
    Last edited by JDU; 03-01-2020, 04:31 PM.

Huh. Through the day the other 2 plants have leaves that yellowed up fast just like the other. But these have a lot fewer budsites & bigger leaves so I can see that each yellow leaf is at the base of a bud. So I cleared a small pocket of them on the yellow one & the new growth is green so I'm thinking it's just old leaves dying on a whole bunch of little budsites & that I should relax & take them off as they die. Any thoughts?

Comment

It looks like You need to up your nitrogen all around
      Space for Rent.

Comment

I agree, feed them, I would give them some blood meal, or rabbit poo

Comment

Hello JDU the Mango strain seems to need extra N more than the OG & GSC I've noticed. Make sure your not watering too soon after a good feed, don't flush out the nutes to quick. We sure are having some " false " spring weather here I sure hope we don't get a late spring snowmeggedon again. My seedling clone tent needs thinning out LOL.
          Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
          indoor/outdoor grower
          1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
          1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
          I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
          Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
          Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
          Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• JDU
            JDU commented
            Editing a comment
            Howdy Budgal. Yes she is a pain in the ass but worth it at harvest!!! I'm not sure what would be too quick.... I'm watering every day now- a gal between 4 plants. It fills em up with a few Tbs of runoff & they are dry & drooping again in a day- maybe day 1/2. Right?? One snowfall a year & it's never during Winter!! Oregon weather makes me nostalgic for my old yo-yo haha.

So Humboldt Secret is not a good product. Gotcha & thanks for the replies. Would a soybean, alfalfa, blood meal mix be good or should I go with something faster like a fish oil? (I wish I still had rabbits)

Comment

Roommate had some of this left. Anyone heard of it? Good? Bad?

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
              SoOrbudgal commented
              Editing a comment
              I've used it in the past it works

• JDU
              JDU commented
              Editing a comment
              Cool. Label says you only feed it every 3wks.....????

Sorry, just a couple more quick questions before I feed- Should I add the fish to the Humbolts & cal msg & molasses? Should I give it to everyone or just the pale ones?

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
              SoOrbudgal commented
              Editing a comment
              Sorry JDU I feed simple ways. I know nothing about nor do I use humbolt or cal mag. I feed different than you and a lot others. I don't ever but it's my way not saying works for you nor anyone else, I do what works best in MY soil/dirt. I don't fix what ain't broke. I said I used that fish fert in the past when I used it in teas for outdoor not indoor sticks the house up.

I use molasses on occasion during flowering and I put it in my water nothing else. I don't mix things in my growing nutes . When it's time to feed I feed it grow food. When they bloom I feed them bloom food. I throw in a water and molasses feed once a week during flowering. Sometimes you just gotta do what YOU think is best trust your gut and grow skills but don't over mix weed is a simple plant wants simple foods. Like i said i'm simple. I will use Epsom salt plain stuff to fix soil works very well 1-2 tablespoons in a gallon of water. It will help bring it back to neutral and give some green to the plant.

• JDU
              JDU commented
              Editing a comment
              I hear ya- I'm the same way but my soil IS broken. City life sucks.

Feed all of them.

your watering a little everyday?
            Space for Rent.

Comment

• Mr.furley
              Mr.furley commented
              Editing a comment
              So I would suggest to let your pots dry out a little in between watering, giving more water - less often.

When you water a little every day you can overwatering you're plant by depriving them of oxygen, plants with wet pots create a problem for mold, rot, and fugue.

Your first picture shows a need for nutrients and a droopy plant from poor watering practices which could also be causing a root problem and back to the nutrients.

Since you are now using liquid fertilizers there is no need to treat your medium like soil but start water like a hydroponic set up.

Water to 10% runoff.
              Let the pot dry till it is lite when lifted.
              Give plan pHed water from time to time.
              Your pH range should between 5.8 and 6.4 now.
              Last edited by Mr.furley; 03-04-2020, 06:01 PM.

• JDU
              JDU commented
              Editing a comment
              Ok. I been letting them dry until they droop a little. Takes a day- day .5 They perk right back up after watering. Yes- they were ready to be watered in that pic & I wanted to know what nutes to use that feeding. Gotcha & Oh wow. Then I'm way off on ph. THANK YOU!!!

• D.A.A.S.69
              D.A.A.S.69 commented
              Editing a comment
              I agree with Mr.furley, feed them, if your looking for a good fertilizer, check out MegaCrop, it's an easy 1part, they even got free samples.

Well how do ya like that?!!! I was checking ph & feeding records... I was nervous about these nutes burning them so I was feeding for veg. I doubled up & lo & behold they ain't starving & drinking every drop instantly. There's even moist soil still on top.
            Attached Files

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X