Auto Nutrient Schedule for Seedlings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Auto Nutrient Schedule for Seedlings

Reading the Flora Trio's Coco-coir nutrient schedule and GWE's recommendations, there's a bit of a disconnect. The nutrient schedule recommends adding a bit of all of the nutrients, not just the flora grow. I am acutely aware that it's important not to over-do nutrients and I'm interested in what's worked for you folks.
    Last edited by BR2K; 03-01-2020, 11:58 AM.
    A Legend...in his own mind - , 48" X 60" X 80" 2-in-1 Grow Tent, Flower light: Vivaspectra P2500 LED. Veg light: Mars Hydro TS600 & Mars Hydro TS1000 LED lights. Nutrients: GH Flora Trio/Calmag coco/perlite, GH PH Down or pure lemon juice, in case PH down isn't available.

Just so you know someone is reading your posts, I don't use the trio.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Originally posted by SoOrbudgal View Post
      Just so you know someone is reading your posts, I don't use the trio.
      And to let you know that I pay attention to yours, I believe you don't use Coc-coir either Thanks for the reply!
      A Legend...in his own mind - , 48" X 60" X 80" 2-in-1 Grow Tent, Flower light: Vivaspectra P2500 LED. Veg light: Mars Hydro TS600 & Mars Hydro TS1000 LED lights. Nutrients: GH Flora Trio/Calmag coco/perlite, GH PH Down or pure lemon juice, in case PH down isn't available.

Comment

I have found whatever the growing medium less nutrient additives is the better course. Of course the nutrient companies want to push volume which equates into more profit. Those capitalists will get you every time. I'm a dirt boy and use the Fox Farm Trio, and in my current grow depended on the nutrients contained in the Happy Frog . Later I started out with 1/6 recommended dosing, and only recently went to half. I don't like looking at discolored leaves, and burnt tips. I would go with NebulaHaze 's, SiriusFourside 's recommendation in light of their experience in both realms.

Comment

Originally posted by starramus View Post
          I have found whatever the growing medium less nutrient additives is the better course. Of course the nutrient companies want to push volume which equates into more profit. Those capitalists will get you every time. I'm a dirt boy and use the Fox Farm Trio, and in my current grow depended on the nutrients contained in the Happy Frog . Later I started out with 1/6 recommended dosing, and only recently went to half. I don't like looking at discolored leaves, and burnt tips. I would go with NebulaHaze 's, SiriusFourside 's recommendation in light of their experience in both realms.
          Thanks for the reply. I think I'll heed your advice!

Comment

i use the flora trio from beginning to end.

the trio has 3 bottles.
            micro - 5 - 0 - 1
            gro - 3 - 1 - 6 (in the US it seems this is 2 - 1 - 6)
            Gro - 0 - 5 - 4

each number stands for Nitrogen (N) - Phosphorus (P) - Potassium (K)
            each bottle includes a number of micro elements, but micro in particular (do not minimise on the micro - ive made that mistake before).

before going further, i want to say that i mix my nutrients according to the amount of element that is really is there, which applies for P and K.
            Yes, this will slightly up the use of Gro and bloom.

once the seedlings grow their 1st set of real leaves, (for me this takes about 4 days from planting) i believe that this the start of week 1.
            at that point i mix in nutrients.
            per gallon, i mix in 2ml micro, 2ml Gro and 4ml Bloom.
            NPK ratio per gallon is 2.0 - 1.2 - 3.1 when its all mixed.

granted, i plant directly into clay pebbles but so far in 4 grows in my new tent, the results have been very good.
            (air stones are set for medium-high bubbling level to excite water onto the clay pebbles in the net pot)

start of week 2 is a complete water change for my dwc, with feeding per week 2.
            Last edited by FlyingDutchPaddy; 03-01-2020, 01:26 PM. Reason: DWC and coco are similar grow styles... similar feeding.
            GreenQube 1.5m x 3.0m x 2.2m tent
            2x CDMH 315W lights
            870m3/hr fan
            8 x 42L DIY DWC buckets, 2 airstones each

Comment

• BR2K
              BR2K commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks for your input!! I will definitely keep this in mind, as I gain experience. It's great to read the different methods. I'm impressed you started with hydroponic but I guess a lot of people do.

• FlyingDutchPaddy
              FlyingDutchPaddy commented
              Editing a comment
              what i usually do is germinate my seeds by dropping them in a water + fulvic acis + seaweed mix.
              after planting them in the clay pebbles, i drop that mixture over them and along the stem to give them some 'nutrient water' as they get used to their surroundings.
              i drop that water on them for the first 2 days... then dry until i add nutrients for week 1.

the water is 'clean' when i plant them.
              'clean' is just silicon + pH down to get to 6.0.
              clean pebbles were soaked 24 hrs in pH 5.5 solution (with nutrients added so they get absorbed into the pebbles) proir to planting...

• FlyingDutchPaddy
              FlyingDutchPaddy commented
              Editing a comment
              glad to share my experience.

i started with a rdwc system (working volume 12 gallon), and 'upgraded' to single bucket dwc.
              4 plant rdwc -> 4 standalone buckets, 6.5 gallons water each.

its starting to look like even my 1.5mx3.0mx2.2m tent is 'too small', or my plants are getting 'too big'...

I too use the GH Flora series and use Nebula's guide. Just remember to use the one that says drain to waste if you are using Coir or soil and that the schedule was written for Coir (based on PH recommendations) but can be adapted to soil. I grow in soil and have found that some strains respond differently to nutrient amounts so I tend to go one lower than whet her guide recommends. so for example if it says 3/4 tsp I add only 1/2. if it says add 1/2 then I do 1/4. if it says 1/4 then I use 1/8. Just remember with added liquid nutrients less is more and that every other watering should be just PH'd water.
            I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X