To further defoliate or not.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To further defoliate or not.

How many of you remove the leaves just below the top pistils to allow the light to get further down. I've done a fair amount of defoliation already just curious what others do. Most if not all of those pistils are an inch across. I'm thinking anything without significant trichs needs to go. They are 4 weeks into flower.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20200229_165300_resized.jpg
Views:	286
Size:	1.40 MB
ID:	379925

Leaves are needed to collect light to provide energy to build and produce flowers. Better to remove a few at a time every 2-3 days over several weeks while flowering. OK to remove some huge shade leaves that may be blocking light to lower branches and to improve air circulation. What the pictures shows looks good for now. As you get closer to harvest you can slowly remove more big leaves. Good job!
    If you bend you will be less likely to break.

Comment

Nah man i wouldn't worry unless humidity rises out of normal range. Lookin good otherwise...might be longer trimming and harvest but oh well. What kind of lights btw?

Comment

Luvely!<<<

Comment

All LED's. vegged with (4) Oneo 1000w ($89 amazon) lights and have added Mars tsw2000 and Spider farmer SF2000. Using GH Flora grow and bloom. Feed full strength almost everyday till runoff. They are at that stage where they change everyday. Amazing! If someone is on a budget I would highly recommend the Oneo lights.

Comment

I would have taken all those big fan leaves. At week four you still can but not much later.

If they are as healthy as the look and they have been healthy the whole grow I'd take a buch and get that light down in there.

But that's just me

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X