Difficulty telling gender in flowering stage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Difficulty telling gender in flowering stage

Hi! I have my very first plant flowering and I can't seem to determine the sex. Unknown strain, grown indoors, going on week 2 of flowering. Help please! Any additional info or comments appreciated. Growing my first has made me realize how much I still have to learn 😳Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200228_201137.jpg
Views:	9392
Size:	2.71 MB
ID:	379881
    Attached Files

Hi, looks like a male to me, hope it wasn't your only plant. If you're not using feminized seeds always try to start four plants at a time that way you have at least a fifty-fifty chance of getting two females

Comment

• kgerman89
      kgerman89 commented
      Editing a comment
      It was my only one unfortunately, so bummed! ☹️ Thanks for the help

That's a male, stop wasting your time and resources on it. I would get rid of it now before it releases pollen everywhere. All you can do is take the experience and lessons learned and start some more seeds my friend.

Comment

• kgerman89
      kgerman89 commented
      Editing a comment
      It is my only plant (besides the 2 clones I also had going 🤦🤦), should I grow it for the seeds?

• FunkyButtLovin
      FunkyButtLovin commented
      Editing a comment
      It's totally up to you, I probably would make some seeds to hang onto even if I never grow them. If you have the seeds you have the option to grow whenever you want or help get others started growing, if you don't make seeds now someday you MIGHT wish you had them to grow and you'll kick yourself for not doing it when it was so close and would have been so easy to do. Most folks wouldn't want the seedy crop though and there's nothing wrong with that either.

• Rwise
      Rwise commented
      Editing a comment
      Do you have a female to put him with? Once his flowers all open he is done, so if you want seed from him and dont have a female you may be able to save some pollen.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X