How to refurbish your erratic pH meter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to refurbish your erratic pH meter

I found this posting on the 420 magazine forum. https://www.420magazine.com/communit...h-pens.479459/ If you've got an old meter you've been hanging onto give it a shot, and you just may have a back up meter. I haven't tried it yet, but will when I get some free time.

If it actually works mucho thanks goes out to budsbunny!
    Last edited by starramus; 02-29-2020, 09:24 AM. Reason: i toopid

Originally posted by starramus View Post
    I found this posting on the 420 magazine forum. https://www.420magazine.com/communit...h-pens.479459/ If you've got an old meter you've been hanging onto give it a shot, and you just may have a back up meter. I haven't tried it yet, but will when I get some free time.

If it actually works mucho thanks goes out to budsbunny!
    BudsBunny Thank you. I have a dried out Blue Pen. I will try that.
    2'x2'x5' Custom Breed & Seed Cabinet w/ 4 Roleadro flat-panel 75W lights
    2'x2'x5' Custom Seedling, Clone & Young Veg. Cabinet w/ CFL & flat panels
    2'x2'x5' Custom Veg. Cabinet with Vipar Spectra XS 1000 Dimmable
    2'x4'X6' Custom Flowering Cabinet with 2 Vipar Spectra XS 1500 Dimmable Lights

100% Perlite, 2.7- Gallon nursery pots, Fertigation method.

Miracle Gro Vegetable & Herb Fertilizer (includes Soy Protein Hydrolysates), 1 tsp./gallon as base nutrient, supplemented with standard Miracle Gro for high-nitrogen plants, and Miracle Gro Bloom Booster during Flower. A bit of Ph Down to take the edge off. Touch of Cal-Mag as well.

Comment

• JohnEmad
      JohnEmad commented
      Editing a comment
      I just purchased a second ph meter after finding my current ph pen was very erratic and drifting it's reading up and down as much as 1 full point in a day. I will try this to see if it corrects things. Purchased a much better ph meter (an Apera)and my plants that were suffering are all now returning to better health. Thanks for the post starramus.

BudsBunny would you furnish a link to the original article. I would very much like to read it. Danke

Comment

I store mine in 4.01 calibration solution. Have a shot glass on a shelf and just drop it in up to the proper level. Change out the solution when it starts to read over 4.12 or so from the contamination of my nutes or possibly evaporation. Double check it with the 6.86 solution once a week or so. Seems to work.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X