Please help R.I.P

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Please help R.I.P

Posting for a mate, as you can see plant has seemingly croaked it! 15 weeks old about 2 weeks ago 1st plant started to wilt and today she looks like this. Definitely not a watering problem. Other plant looks pretty healthy as you can see and both have been treated exactly the same. We’re at abut if a loss! Any insight for future grows would be great! TIA

My condolences
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

could be anything...that's the problem with outdoor grows.

any pets around that may have peed in them? for one to survive and the other choke quickly seems like an intentional act assuming they were treated the same way growing them. also considering they were grown in individual pots I'd say it wasn't a natural cause again based on the premise that they were all grown the same way.
      I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

Pull it up, shake off soil, look at roots. Cut the roots open and post pics. Looks like a bacterial, wilt, or fungal infection.
        If you bend you will be less likely to break.

Comment

• Kirk84
          Kirk84 commented
          Editing a comment
          Cheers mate I’ll pop some pics up now.

Check ph in the roots. Maybe do a water till runoff of both plants and then check the ph. Also, totally agree with Korn.

Comment

Here is the root system. Any ideas?

Comment

yeah..that dont look good. Looks like it died from down under. A plant that size should have a pretty solid root ball...like almost the size of the pot..and solid. The top of the plant looked pretty established so im thinking something was put in the pot that it didnt like.
            Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
            Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
            6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
            Canna Coco/perlite
            General Hydroponics Flora Series
            Cal/Mag.

Auto plants Strawberry Pie Auto(fast bud) Night Queen Auto(dutch passion) Chem Dog Auto(ethos) Unknown mix Auto(butterbean seeds)
            Photo plants Blue Cheese(butterbean seeds) Green Crack(Canuk seeds)
            Purple Gelatto(Canuk seeds)

Comment

Is there a male dog with dangley things still attached? I ask as mine likes to "mark" all things in his area. This would be an overload of N

Comment

No dogs mate, but there is 2 cats?

Comment

Cat urine would certainly be an overload of N as well, I would think they would have left marks though. Not like a dog hiking,.

Comment

something got into the soil for sure as the roots look awful. Unless you have seen cats messing with the plants I'd have to say no. You'd know right away if a cat was in the pot doing it's business because there would be dig marks in the soil. And as far as territory, cats wouldn't spray just one plant...both would get it and it would be on the plant not in the soil.
                    Do you have locked gates in the yard? maybe someone purposely dumped something in the pot...
                    I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

It’s definitely a head scratcher? Especially since the other plant is still thriving? He’s gonna keep a super close eye on the other plant and if anything seems to be going wrong I’ll post up on here. Thanks heaps guys.

Comment

Not to be contrary or anything but no one has brought up the wall behind the plants. Does that radiate as much heat as I suspect? If so, is the "good" plant shaded earlier than the other in the afternoon? It looks baked but if the other is real close physically and doing well than there is likely something we haven't touched on yet.
                        TENT: Cool Grow 3x3x6 LIGHT: M-H TSW2000
                        EXHAUST: AC Infinity T-4 and controller 67
                        AIR CIRC: AC Infinity Cloudray S6 x2
                        IRRIGATION: BluMat Tropf NUTRIENTS: Earth Dust

Comment

• dilvish
                          dilvish commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Nah it's definite a root problem if you look at the pic he posted. getting too much sun wouldn't do that to the roots the way they look.

Looks like root rot most like likely from a bacterial source. It happens. Have had plants growing outdoors, in soil, within 3-4 feet of each other. Same cultivars, same water, nutrients, soil, light, one died one thrived. Dead one got a root pathogen either a fungus, wilt, or bacterial infection. Lost all leaves in 5-7 days after severe wilting. Pulled plant and roots looked just like the pics above. Move the bad plant and soil away from the good one.
                        Last edited by Korn; 03-03-2020, 06:57 PM.

Comment

I looked closer at the catchment basins below both the dead plant and the living plant. The basin below the dead one appears to hold more volume. When you watered I believe this basin held more water than the plant needed. This prevented complete drainage. Bacterial Root rot then got established in the lower, water-logged roots. You saw the plant wilting and watered even more. Beginning of the end now.If you had got the pot out of the water and let it drain out completely, even doing some root pruning to remove the infected roots, you may have saved it. If you have the basin there to keep dirt off the pavement, put a brick in the basin to raise the soil level above the basin’s water level. Live n learn.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                          X