Auto flower questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Auto flower questions

I have two super silver haze autoflower plants in a small indoor grow. One is about 18 inches tall and looks very healthy. However it is now 90 days after germination and it does not have any flowers yet. At least none that I can identify. The light is 400 watt HPS and the humidity level is quite low, about 15% during the light times and a little higher in the dark about 25%. Right now the light is manually switched so not always dead accurate but mostly it is on for 18 and off for 6. Should I change this to a 12/12 regime even though these are autoflowers?

There are a lot of instances where people receive photos instead of autos and vise versa. I'd recommend switching to 12's and see what happens in a couple of weeks. If it starts flowering you'll know that you have some photos.

Comment

Ok, thanks, I will give that a try.

Comment

If they haven't started flowering yet they are definitely photoperiod. As SirSmksAlot mentioned, there are cases of people getting photoperiod plants when they are supposed to get autoflowers and I believe in cases that can't be explained through ordering or packaging error that the breeding to stabilize the auto trait hasn't been done prior to that batch or it's just recessive photo genes popping back up every now and then due to inbreeding.

Sorry, I'm high as hell and I'm no expert, I certainly know more about reptile genetics and breeding than I do about breeding plants but I'm learning. Shit, this has nothing to do with your question.

Yes, you need to switch to 12/12 if you want to flower that girl.

Comment

Ok, so more questions. My little two plant grow is now into its 7th month. Both plants are now fully flowered but not quite ready to harvest. More next plants are ready to move into the grow. Can I put the lights on 18/6? Will that much light hurt the flowering plants?

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
            CaptainWiese91 commented
            Editing a comment
            It will definitely re-veg your plants. I’m almost sure of that. But also depends when you think you are going to harvest them - nevertheless I personally wouldn’t try it

• FunkyButtLovin
            FunkyButtLovin commented
            Editing a comment
            Do not change the light cycle of your flowering plants to 18/6.

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            So if I read this right you got 2 7month old photo plants right? How long in days have they been in flower? This is important because I just recently pull this off same as what your trying to do nearly. But I had autos first growing and within 3wks of harvest then my older photos like yours I needed to switch to 12/12 they were big like 4 month veg on them. So I flipped it had zero issues with the autos doing it this way.

To me it would all depend on how long you got left before harvest of those photos. If it were just 2wks heck ya I would flip. My 2cents. And move those older flowering ones off to the side of the light if they are close to harvest. Best of Luck

FunkyButtLovin what I’m saying. It will re-veg
          Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
          You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

You got photos, if you want flowers, switch to 12-12 an you'll see pistils in 7-10days.
            Cfls for a week or two
            315lec for everything else
            Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
            36x36x63 inch tent.
            6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
            Smart pots
            Molasses
            Autoflowers

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X