New to nutes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to nutes

Ok we're 3.5 wks into flower, 3 plants & a small one drinking a gallon a day. I'm using Humbolts Secret A & B with molasses as Bloom.
    What would be a good schedule? Nutes one day, tap water the nxt, molasses..... & etc or is it better to feed all additives at once & plain water the other days? & how often to I feed? Every other day? Every 4th? What has worked best for y'all?

When growing in soil I do 2 feeds then a water. I add everything in with the feeds and just plain, ph'd water for the water day. I found watering every 3 days was where Im at it 7 gallon pots. But that's going to depend on your plant size and pot size.

Comment

• JDU
      JDU commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks. I'm in 7gal soil too. I let em dry n droop a little between waterings but since they started really flowering they've gotten thirsty & it's now every day. Should I use the sugars every feeding? (Molasses)

• SirSmksAlot
      SirSmksAlot commented
      Editing a comment
      That's what I would do.

I think the biggest thing as far as "schedule" is what do the plants want? Are they dry or wet? Light or heavy? Can't just set a schedule that is comfy for us but need a schedule the girls like. As far as nutrients I think we all do it a bit different depending on strains, age, temp, humidity, pot size and medium. I currently have three strains going counting Han Solo Cup. One is bagseed (photo) in a 5gal pot. She is very thirsty so ends up getting a little more than the other two (gorilla photos) in three gal pots. Han is a White Widow photo crammed in a solo cup. I use the FF trio in ocean forest. I tend to under feed each time but include 1/3 to 1/2 strength nutes each watering alternating higher and lower. I also monitor the humidity. If the tent is cruising about 50 - 60% I probably just watered and have at least another two days. If I get to 38 or so it is pulling in dry room air and I know to just start mixing up stuff because they're waiting on me.

I'm as new (or newer) to this as you. I've read your posts. You know a helluva lot more than you may think you do. Start with a schedule you can easily keep to and monitor and change it up when they tell ya they need something. We're all here for the same reason...we don't know it all! (Besides, it really is fun.)
    TENT: Cool Grow 3x3x6 LIGHT: M-H TSW2000
    EXHAUST: AC Infinity T-4 and controller 67
    AIR CIRC: AC Infinity Cloudray S6 x2
    IRRIGATION: BluMat Tropf NUTRIENTS: Earth Dust

Comment

• JDU
      JDU commented
      Editing a comment
      You're right there definitely are heavy & light feeders- That's true in any species- & the ones in front of the fans dry out faster & get more of the gallon I don't give em a pre measured amount- just what fills the pot. Makes sense to treat em the same way in regards to nutes too. I just had to be sure I have a general idea on how often to feed I don't wanna burn another plant lol. (Well..... at least not until AFTER it's cured!!)
      Thanks. Yeah, Ole plowboy here. I DO have a little bit of forgotten knowledge trying to work it's way out & through the haze lol.
      & I absolutely concur!!! This all S fun!!
      Last edited by JDU; 02-27-2020, 05:04 PM.

watering them everyday? how much are you giving them? As far as nutes, I recommend every other watering but not if you are watering everyday. If you use good draining pots and soil then you should be watering until the pot is saturated and then wait 3-4 days (2-3 depending on grow room temps) until the top inch or two is dry, not moist.

I think many new growers believe that water and nutes are what makes the plant thrive more when in fact it is proper full spectrum light that is more important.

If the plants (soil) are drying out after just one day your tent temps may be too high as they shouldn't be drinking up that much water unless they are monsters in size!
    I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X