Huge emergency chop, so sad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Huge emergency chop, so sad

Backstory - hubby and I grow in a locked basement room, digital keypad entry, two smaller tents, one veg one flower. Illegal state.

13yo son decided to go through all our keys when we weren’t home, found the one to the room and went in AND TOOK A SNAPCHAT VIDEO that he sent to his friend.

After we called other parents - worst phone call I’ve ever had to make; punished 13yo, it was chop day for 9 flowering plants (2 were ready) and 15 different babies in various stages of veg.

So here’s your public service announcement for today: don’t get complacent, ever. This could have been about a million times worse, jail, job loss....fuck, we really lucked out this time. Lesson learned that until it’s legal we can’t risk it with nosey teenagers lurking around.

Sad, sad day in our house, on so many levels.

That sucks! My daughter stole some really strong brownies from me one day and decided to take them to school. She handed them out to some people. One of the kids was the principals son and he got so high that 911 was called. The school resource officer got involved as well as child protective services. Weed wasn't legal in Canada at this time so I was really panicking. I had 10lbs of bud in my safe as well as 4 plants in full flower. Luckily nothing came of it other than my daughter being labeled as real bad dude by the school and my wife and I always got strange looks whenever we went to a school event. Fricken kids! Sorry about your loss!
    ​​​​​​

Comment

Omg! Ok, you win, lol! I’m so glad you came out relatively unscathed, that’s one hell of a story!

Comment

• SirSmksAlot
        SirSmksAlot commented
        Editing a comment
        Were you able to salvage any of your flowering plants? Or did you have to toss everything?

Didn't want to hit that " like " button for this announcement I'd be worried you guys are now on the po po radar?
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Originally posted by HL2200 View Post
        Backstory - hubby and I grow in a locked basement room, digital keypad entry, two smaller tents, one veg one flower. Illegal state.

13yo son decided to go through all our keys when we weren’t home, found the one to the room and went in AND TOOK A SNAPCHAT VIDEO that he sent to his friend.

After we called other parents - worst phone call I’ve ever had to make; punished 13yo, it was chop day for 9 flowering plants (2 were ready) and 15 different babies in various stages of veg.

So here’s your public service announcement for today: don’t get complacent, ever. This could have been about a million times worse, jail, job loss....fuck, we really lucked out this time. Lesson learned that until it’s legal we can’t risk it with nosey teenagers lurking around.

Sad, sad day in our house, on so many levels.
        I would have tanned his fanny and then disconnected his Internet forever.

Comment

DAMN!!! My sincere condolences.
          A Legend...in his own mind - , 48" X 60" X 80" 2-in-1 Grow Tent, Flower light: Vivaspectra P2500 LED. Veg light: Mars Hydro TS600 & Mars Hydro TS1000 LED lights. Nutrients: GH Flora Trio/Calmag coco/perlite, GH PH Down or pure lemon juice, in case PH down isn't available.

Comment

We were able to salvage the two mature plants that are now drying. The boys don’t know this though, so when we showed them the tents with all the plants cut down they think that’s the end of it. They also think we tossed all of the bud in the glass jars on the shelf next to the tents, just in case we get paid any visits.

The 13 yo has all of his electronicals taken away indefinitely, including his brand birthday gift, brand new air pods that he literally got in the mail the SAME DAY this all happened. The karma of it all!

I don’t think we are on any lists because of this, hope I’m not being naive. The parents I called were super chill after I basically told them EVERYTHING we had going on since I wasn’t sure how much she knew from the video. Even though it was on Snapchat the kids said someone took a video of the Snapchat video, leading to our worries. We haven’t gotten any calls from the SRO or any other school staff, so since we cleaned out I feel 85% in the clear. 😂

Truly can’t believe our plants are gone, they were our babies! I got the BEST seeds too, lots of Barneys Farms, Humboldt, GoG. Ugh. We have a trip planned to Boulder for spring break, will have to do our purchases on the DL around these freaking teenagers. The last few times we went we talked about everything with them, answered all of their questions, rather they get info from us instead of friends/internet. Now they lost that privilege until they’re at least 18.

Comment

• MJTECH
              MJTECH commented
              Editing a comment
              I would suggest you give it a few for the smoke to settle (pardon the pun) and then setup again.

And if you think the children have learned a lesson let then know what is going on, they are going to know one way or the other, but by making them a partner and maybe even let them work the garden they will gain some respect for the work it takes to grow anything.

Now personally I believe 13 is too young for smoking weed, but he can grow other plants in the greenhouse, easy things like tomatoes or green beans and be a part of the experience and have something to show for his efforts.

Of course that is up to you as you are the only one who really understands your boys.

He helps me grow tomatoes in the summer. Our dream is to have them be interested in growing and have a business, we’d be free helpers, lol. The 14yo seems interested, the 13yo apparently just wants to be a shit and cause trouble.

Comment

• homegrown
              homegrown commented
              Editing a comment
              holy shit...im glad my kids are adults now..lol You seem to have a conundrum on your hands. Do you really think he posted it to be a shit and cause trouble? Or did he do it to be cool with his buddies?(you gotta admit,a grow tent is a pretty awesome sight) Just wondering..i know if my friends parents had a grow room...he'd be my BEST friend hahaha. The thing that would have roasted my ass is him digging around to find the keys. His new phone would consist of a dixie cup and a string....and tv is out in the family room. internet...non existent.. good luck HL2200 , maybe you'll start getting emails from the parents asking when your gonna start growing again?

He helps me grow tomatoes in the summer. Our dream is to have them be interested in growing and have a business, we’d be free helpers, lol. The 14yo seems interested, the 13yo apparently just wants to be a shit and cause trouble.
            That's a shame, hopefully he matures out of it an a couple of years.

Comment

• herbgrower
              herbgrower commented
              Editing a comment
              He's just a kid man. Give him time. He's gonna grow his own someday and might come here. Who knows>! Weed is a cross-culture all age phenomena.

How close is your state to being legal? On a positive note; glad you're able to salvage some of your growth.
            🙂

Comment

Wisconsin, so not terribly close. There’s bills around but the repubs are always blocking them. Bologna.

Comment

There's hope, I'm in a red state in the bible belt and we got it. I just knew we would be one of the last states to adopt mmj but damned if they didn't surprise me and pass it about 20 years sooner than I thought they would. Now if we could just get those OR dispensary prices and something more like MI's grower's licensing system we'd be doing pretty dang good.

Comment

• Rwise
                  Rwise commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I was surprised it passed here also, but I have been telling non tokers for many years of the positives, many of those voted for it.

HL2200 you need to consider cleaning up your home and walk away from all things cannabis, NOW!

You have a lot to lose. Felony charges, 6 years in prison, $10,000 fine, loss of home, children, jobs.

It is not outside the realm of possibility that Snapchat video is the beginning of an investigation, and not the end. Law enforcement tends to think that anything over 4 plants in your state (up to 4, 3.5 years) is major dealing, and they may want to spend some time finding out how big your operation really is. Think electrical bills, online orders, credit card purchases, visits to the hyddro store, infrared heat signatures, trash searches, the numbers and names of visitors to your home (is that really the cable guy?), what your bar habits are (particularly in Wisconsin, and you know why). And ONLY then they'll get the warrant to search your home.

They already have pictures. All they may need to nail you is an errant leaf.

So you'll want it clean. No cannabis, no lights. Heavy-duty vacuum your carpets and do not dump what you collect in your trash. Then get them steam cleaned. Don't just clean your home -- detail it. MAKE THOSE KIDS PAY WITH SWEAT!

News reports I read report drug task force investigations into your kind of grow can last 6 months or more. Sometimes a year. If you haven't left the kind of paper trail I described above, then maybe law enforcement gets bored and spends their resources elsewhere.

Good luck to you. I feel your pain. I grew long ago. I only took up growing again after it was legal for all adults to grow in Michigan. I was growing two plants more than 40 years ago when a babysitter found the keys, my previous harvest, and the grow inside my place in Waukesha and I realized what I could lose.

Food for thought.

2'x2'x5' Custom Breed & Seed Cabinet w/ 4 Roleadro flat-panel 75W lights
                2'x2'x5' Custom Seedling, Clone & Young Veg. Cabinet w/ CFL & flat panels
                2'x2'x5' Custom Veg. Cabinet with Vipar Spectra XS 1000 Dimmable
                2'x4'X6' Custom Flowering Cabinet with 2 Vipar Spectra XS 1500 Dimmable Lights

100% Perlite, 2.7- Gallon nursery pots, Fertigation method.

Miracle Gro Vegetable & Herb Fertilizer (includes Soy Protein Hydrolysates), 1 tsp./gallon as base nutrient, supplemented with standard Miracle Gro for high-nitrogen plants, and Miracle Gro Bloom Booster during Flower. A bit of Ph Down to take the edge off. Touch of Cal-Mag as well.

Comment

• herbgrower
                  herbgrower commented
                  Editing a comment
                  So the police will go to all these lengths rather than getting off some drug dealer from streets for someone who isn't even growing anymore?

• Canuck147
                  Canuck147 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yeah - sounds a bit heavy handed. Don't your police have more important things to do? - like run speed traps?

Some years ago, when it was not legal here I got hold of some DJ Shorts Blueberry seed. Enuf for me and a friend, he planted his in the back yard, his plants were growing very well. He was looking at the best grow he ever had, when his granddaughter that was staying with him picked a fan leaf for show and tell. He was picked up before they end of the day, all those luvely DJS Blueberries gone. He got out without doing time, but he is still paying for it.

I dont know the climate in your area, I am sure you do, I will just say it may be best to err on the safe side.

Comment

I cannot gauge the threat to your lives. Only you can do that. Certain people consider themselves the watchdogs of society and are not above malicious prosecution. In our current polarized society, anything is possible. I admit, I'm a paranoid freak...but maybe you could consider some reasonable measures? Stashing away from your home somewhere? Hey, it's just about spring - How about BaccaRacca's suggestion, you have SLAVE LABOR!!!
                  A Legend...in his own mind - , 48" X 60" X 80" 2-in-1 Grow Tent, Flower light: Vivaspectra P2500 LED. Veg light: Mars Hydro TS600 & Mars Hydro TS1000 LED lights. Nutrients: GH Flora Trio/Calmag coco/perlite, GH PH Down or pure lemon juice, in case PH down isn't available.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X