Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flowering problem, buds too small

Hello,

I'm a first-time grower and up until now I haven't had any major problems but 7 weeks into blooming stage ( I started counting from the day of the 12/12 switch) I've noticed that my buds are too small, too far in between and plants are not developing at the same rate even the 2 of the same strain... The top buds are looking almost ready for harvest on 2 plants but all the other buds are totally behind. I would like to pinpoint the problem (and possible solution) so that the next time I can do a better job. I'm growing indoors 4 plants, using Bio Buzz Grow (veg stage) and Bio Bloom plus Top Bloom. As a true beginner, I was always a bit careful with nutrients, worried about the nutes burn, so if the instructions say 2-4ml I would give 2ml in veg stage. Now in bloom I'm toping up a bit more, 4ml Bloom plus 1ml Top. I'm using LED (specs in img) a bit weaker (mistake) than I should have as it was meant for 80x80 grow room and mine is standard 100x100. Is light the problem? Or not enough nuts? I'm growing in good quality compost soil so I figured that will do the trick and I won't need much more nutes. Also, should I harvest the top buds first or wait until all of them catch up? Thanks

I grow in hydro, very limited experience with soil. That said in my experience 7 weeks after flipping to 12/12 is about 6 weeks to harvest.That's when they really fatten up. As far as nutes your going to have lots of soil growers chime in on that. I will say they drink lots more water while blooming. Have a great grow !!
    Focus and relativity.

Comment

I don't count flowering days till I see the preflower. And from my experience it takes anywhere from 7-14days after switch to 12/12 sometimes longer. So maybe those are younger than you think?
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

I agree. Looks to me like you still have about a month to go (minimum) for some good buds. They will fatten up and the lower buds will catch up. I still get the spacing in mine too but I think that will maybe fade with practice. Make sure you're watching the trichomes on the buds and not the leaves in order to know when it's time.

Comment

Don't we allll want bigger buds? Patience helps that's a big one.
          Vegging 4 aurora indica, waiting on seeds. Got eyes on a 4x8x8 tent.
          sp150x2 philz330 and Philz 100x2
          4 plants currently under 500w
          2 x opulent systems 4x4x80 tents and a 24x40x48 baby box.
          GH full line of nutes+calmag and my molasses sugar brown sugar liquid mix at 30ml per liter.
          Happy growing/consuming 🥴
          Space is at a premium when you're growing premium in space 😁

Comment

Bananana66 Welcome to the forum. I agree with the comments above about waiting a few more weeks for buds to ripen. I don't know about your lights, but light is one of the most important factors in growing fat buds.
            Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
            2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
            Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

you definitely need more light for a tent that size, at 128 watts you're coverage for flowering is only going to be about 18" x 18" (45 x 45 cm)...something to think of for next time. as others have said I believe you're a bit early as well, give 'em a few more weeks and keep your fingers crossed! and in answer to your other concern yes, you can certainly do a staged harvest if need be.

Comment

Lots of variables. Strain, pot size, lights, light distance, soil quality, nutes, temp, fresh air intake. I also start counting at the flip. Most of my sativas go 10-12 weeks. Honestly those look like they're in about week 4 so there's something about the enviro or something that isn't right.
                Space: 4 x 5 x 6, Two 600w HPS, Dirt farmer since Nov 2012.

Current Grow: White Truffles (GG#4 X Peanut Butter Breath)

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X