When is it ready?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When is it ready?

My plant is growing like weed =) It is my first plant and it is growing outdoors. How do I know when it is ready? Is it male or female?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	blom.jpg
Views:	498
Size:	372.7 KB
ID:	379040

You have a flowering female! It looks like she's got some time to go however. The buds will start to fatten up and if you have a magnifier you should keep an eye on the crystals. They will be clear right now and when it starts maturing the crystals will start to go cloudy. I harvest at the first signs of amber trics. Hope that was of some help

Comment

That's a female sativa for sure. It looks like either some sort of landrace or close hybrid with perhaps Jamaican or African lineage. It could be from elsewhere but I've seen the pink pistils before on ganja from those places. When the trichomes are pretty much all milky, it will be ready. You could wait longer to see some amber but you may or may not ever see it. How long has it been flowering?

Comment

Good guess! It is Swazi Gold. It started flowering about 2 weeks ago... how long does it normally take to get ready?

Comment

I thought so, that was my first guess! I've been trying to get ahold of the real Swazi Gold for 20 years and it looks like you definitely have it, congratulations! I believe it's flowering cycle is about 14 weeks if I recall correctly. You have something special there, I am excited for you. I wish I could get some of those seeds.

Comment

Hey FunkyButtLovin i just found these. Looks like the seeds of africa seed bank is out but I think others carry it.

Comment

• FunkyButtLovin
              FunkyButtLovin commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks for the lead!

Great, thanks! I am obviously a newbie, but I think it is quite common here in Africa. I bought the plant at a market place, not too far from Swaziland.

Comment

Is it ready now??? Started flowering 4 weeks ago.

Comment

I still think you probably have 3 to 4 weeks left at least. Sativa plants generally take 10+ weeks to finish. It sure has started to fatten up for you. I know it's hard to wait but your patience will reward you!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X