Question about possible "foxtailing."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about possible "foxtailing."

Hi. New member here. Michigan. Trying my hand at a little indoor gardening. Have already made a few mistakes, but nothing too serious, yet. But A few of my plants started to bud before going to 12/12. And they are now about four or five weeks along... I'm worried that maybe I'm seeing some unusual bud development. The tiny green sprouts within each cluster of white hairs---they seem to be making the top of the main cola a bit pointed---it wasn't pointy like that a few days ago. Is it starting to foxtail? Or does it look normal to you? The tiny green sprouts seem to outnumber the white hairs on the very top.

If you're giving them light at least 16 hours a day then you have autoflowers, especially with buds like that only 4-5 weeks from seed. On the bright side, everything looks normal to me. It looks a lot like the Strawberry Cheesecake I just harvested with buds basically built of foxtails and your buds are stacking. Prepare to have some big ass colas in a few more weeks.

Comment

• mayonnaise
      mayonnaise commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you. Was just looking for some reassurance. I'll know more in a week or so. I appreciate the help.

• mayonnaise
      mayonnaise commented
      Editing a comment
      I meant to imply---four or five weeks from when they started to bud, not four or five weeks old. lol

Howdy mayonnaise, That is not too bad (as fox tailing goes), I have had a few plants (in the final stage of blooming) that produced fox tails that looked like big fuzzy pipe cleaners! From what I have read on line and a few books, the fox tailing is the 'normal' way that the flowers grow and that the densely packed buds (that we all strive for) came about thru cross breeding, The plants can revert back to their 'old' traits due to heat or light induced stress, as well as many other causes. I was cleaning up some buds (to prepare them for the curing jars) and set aside a bunch of the larger fox tails, I let them dry and later 'fired' them up and was very pleasantly surprised as to their potency! I don't throw them into the trim pile ant more.
    Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

• mayonnaise
      mayonnaise commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the info. I watched a few time-lapse vids of bud development, but wasn't able to discern from them if my bud was acting weird. I'm guessing this plant is about ten days or two weeks from harvest, but really won't know until the time comes. Hopefully it doesn't get weirder.

• FunkyButtLovin
      FunkyButtLovin commented
      Editing a comment
      I'd say you're likely to add about a month or so to that 10 days, that plant is nowhere near ready for harvest. Be patient, you'll be much happier in the end.

• mayonnaise
      mayonnaise commented
      Editing a comment
      FunkyB---you might be right. I'm going to let them go until they scream "harvest me!"

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X