Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"nanner" pics please

And no, not those nanners!

A few days ago I saw a post/article from NebulaHaze , maybe the weekly? Anyway, it was about nanners and such. I wasn't concerned but read it all and later in the day I saw yellow where I expected green or pistils on Han Solo's main cola. Han gets at least a drink of water each day, some times two, and nutes every other or as the larger plants need theirs. I remembered the yellow this morning and was shocked to see two tiny little yellow things growing in my main cola. Rather than panic I'm coming here for assistance. I know the mantra of chop it or get it out. And I generally agree if I'd not noticed for another week it'd be jettisoned from the cargo hold. Oh poor Han. At the moment there appears to be two of them and they're only about 1/8" long. So my need is time sensitive. How big do these things get before damage is imminent? Will it just take off making sacs or blow up my whole tent in a few days? I need pics to get this figured out. If I can surgically remove these two I may be able to save the cola. Otherwise I may have to "top" her and concentrate on other buds if I continue. I see pistils nearby browning up but I'm not sure if it is due to nanner infection or if the source of nanners is the light too close? I'm going to rearrange this afternoon and try to get Han a bit of distance from the light. I'm hoping someone has pics of the rascals when they're young so I can get a mental picture of what I need to do next.

Thanks in advance but do keep the nanner shots in check please. ;-)
    TENT: Cool Grow 3x3x6 LIGHT: M-H TSW2000
    EXHAUST: AC Infinity T-4 and controller 67
    AIR CIRC: AC Infinity Cloudray S6 x2
    IRRIGATION: BluMat Tropf NUTRIENTS: Earth Dust

Here's a pic of one poking out of the top of a cola. I carefully pinched it out with my fingers and finished the plant. I'm glad I did as the plant never produced any more male parts and it turned out to be a very, very minor inconvenience. I'd say a missed feeding or late watering is probably more detrimental than one or two of these if caught and removed early.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20200113_020746.jpg Views:	87 Size:	2.53 MB ID:	365859

Comment

Howdy OlderNOTwiser, Here is a couple of photos of nanners pasted.
      Sometimes they are more greenish than yellow as well.
      Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

If I can pinch or extract these two I will. Thanks for the pictures. Definitely what I've got going on. Between the plant stuck in a solo cup, nutes/water every day and drying out every day and what I think did it was too close to the light. Surgery is scheduled for 2 o'clock (1:30 now) and I'll see y'all in the recovery room afterwards.

Comment

• DW2
          DW2 commented
          Editing a comment
          I tried (at first) to remove them before pollination could occur, but the other plants did get pollinated any way. I have read that once they are visible, they have spread their pollen. BUT, do not worry, the seeds which are produced (thru my own experience) are all female seeds! I have been growing for the last four grows using the 'nanner'ed' seeds and have had very good results. Some of them did not sprout either due to their immaturity (or may be too inbred! LOL!!), but all that have sprouted have been female and with similar characteristics to their 'moms'

How big do they get before they pollinate? Three other plants in flower in the tent right now. If I've got to sacrifice Han then so be it.

Comment

• FunkyButtLovin
          FunkyButtLovin commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm pretty sure that it's possible but not necessarily likely that they can pollinate flowers before you even notice them since they are stamen that grow without the protective petals that prevent pollen from being released until they open. This also means they sometimes don't produce pollen or the pollen is not mature or viable.

The patient is now resting comfortably among friends. The surgeon was tentative at first and nipped one (or both) off the first try. After the 60x mag lookeesee the surgeon had to get back in and get better margins on the extraction site. Using the 60x I could see the base was still there so I had to get all stabby and get in and just do it. For those of us who are visual learners (which is why I solicited pictures in the first place) if you imagine a jalapeno pepper...not the taste but the pepper proper. If you cut the bottom off and look inside you see what I'll call chambers. Outer layers and then chambers inside where the seeds are. The base of the 'nanners looked like this after I got most of it. So I went ahead and basically gave the center of the main cola a tight shave. About the size of a dime and not much thicker of a slice. If all goes well Han will make it. Tent is rearranged and the LED light is further away. I went ahead and leaned her away from the bright spots and focused all of the cfl's I could on her for now. Some nice gentle photons for a few days should help, I hope.

Comment

i had a bit of a banana farm my 1st grow. I plucked daily and ended up with 30 or so mature seeds at harvest. eventually they open and dump pollen, but it's not a total loss if you can pluck most of them.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	cannabis-hermie-yellow-nanner-banana.jpg
Views:	998
Size:	143.5 KB
ID:	378600
            You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

• Jordann
              Jordann commented
              Editing a comment
              That's a whole bunch of nanas you got there. Straight from the grocery store kind of thing.

• Mr.furley
              Mr.furley commented
              Editing a comment
              Light stress! Never found a seed.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X