Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ever seen this_ calyx with pistils at base of leaf?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ever seen this_ calyx with pistils at base of leaf?

OK, this is a weird one! Anyone ever seen this before? This plant has been showing this anomaly for the past three weeks_ at least that's when I noticed it.
    Check out the photos and pass them along cuz I've never seen this or heard of it before. Comments very welcomed!
    Thing is they don't look to be suffering any though...test will be in the smoke!
    Current grow_ coco based medium, Fluence LED lights, AIT, 5 gallon planters,
    liquid organic nutrients by Advance Nutrients and Vegamatrix. Strains_ Exodus Cheese (feminized), Meltdown (regular) and Caesar (regular).

Yep i had that too. Good smoke! https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-fan-leaf-stem

Comment

• ZigZag
      ZigZag commented
      Editing a comment
      Tersky, Glad to hear it was good smoke! these are getting pretty frosty so I'm hoping for the same. Did you ever try to find out if it was a genetic thing or the result of stress? I'm tending towards genetics cuz I've stressed plenty of plants to see how they'd react and never seen this happen. Parent strains for this plant are: Skunk, Sour Diesel, Chemdog 91, Afghani.

• Tersky
      Tersky commented
      Editing a comment
      I think its genetic as well. I have only seen a few plants with this mutation and they were all healthy looking plants so i dont think that it's a bad sign at all. I had stressed my plants with some nute burn (testing out different strengths of nutes) but at the same time that plant was also producing many 11 finger leaves which is a sign of a healthy plant. I was just as floored as i imagine you were when you first saw it. Cool stuff! My plant was a Bruce Banner #3. That leaf does look really frosty so i imagine you have a good one on your hands!

• ZigZag
      ZigZag commented
      Editing a comment
      Tersky, good to hear other folks have experienced this too, without bummer results. This plant also had a good number of 11 blade leaves too...and very healthy otherwise, except it was a lot smaller than its sisters. I might have stressed it by toping too early_ the internodes were so tight after that I didn't even consider topping it a second time. Thanks for your comments!

Happened to me this grow as well. I ended up just plucking them off. I believe it's genetics. The smoke turned out really nice

Comment

Wow, another grower with this too. I wonder if it has anything to do with F1 generations not being very stable/ predictable?
      What were you growing? This plant is a Bonkers, regular seed from Exotic Genetix. I've got two other strains from them that are normal and two other Bonkers that are normal too. Good to hear yours came through well! Thanks for the reply!
      liquid organic nutrients by Advance Nutrients and Vegamatrix. Strains_ Exodus Cheese (feminized), Meltdown (regular) and Caesar (regular).

Comment

• SirSmksAlot
        SirSmksAlot commented
        Editing a comment
        It was a pineapple chunk from barney's farm. I'll see if I can find a pic

There she is

Comment

WOAH! well that's the same for sure, thanks for the confirmation! Must not be strain specific for sure!

Comment

• SirSmksAlot
          SirSmksAlot commented
          Editing a comment
          Nope just a genitic mutation.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X