X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to clean air stones

Does any one know how to clean plugged air stones

hi ribbitt,

a google search will give a lot of varied answers, from simple steps to complex ways of cleaning air stones. ( https://www.google.com/search?q=cleaning+dwc+air+stones )

i think you can get it done by:
    - scrub the stones in the reservoir water first while still the stones are still bubbling, i use a toothbrush but you could use something else.
    - prepare a container big enough to drop all the stones in, and that you can add water to to just cover the stones keeping the plastic attachment just above the waterline.
    - the mix I add to the container is: 30/70 white vinegar to water. 300ml vinegar + 700ml water for 1L mix.
    - heat the mix first, when almost boiling then pour into the container with the stones & let that sit for a while (30 mins?).
    - drain the mix, add fresh water and wash out the vinegar from the stones.
    - replace with fresh water & hook the stones up to your air pump & let them bubble for a few minutes.
    - replace water & repeat.

done.

could do this while changing water come to think of it...

FDP
    GreenQube 1.5m x 3.0m x 2.2m tent
    2x CDMH 315W lights
    870m3/hr fan
    8 x 42L DIY DWC buckets, 2 airstones each

Comment

Howdy ribbitt, I have cleaned air stones by first scrubbing them in plain water, do not use any soap or bleach as since the stones are porous and it would be difficult to get it out. I then soaked the stones (over night) in vinegar, then rinsed them and then a final soak in hydrogen peroxide (on rinse needed).
      Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X