Nugsmasher OG vs ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nugsmasher OG vs ?

I'm about to get a rosin press, nugsmasher og is what I'm looking at now, anyone have one? Or a competitive model from another company? Or any press that you dont like or do like.....any info is appreciated greatly.

Kind of late but if you are looking for a nice home unit, I would go with dabpress. I have never used one but have only read great things about it from the internet.
    Rosin Press - Dabpress offers best portable rosin press machines, DIY rosin press plates kits, Enail dab kits, pre press molds, rosin bag filters, rosin cold plate, and rosin accessories, and rosin collection tools.

Comment

Thanks RFheavy. I am browsing now, I am noticing they are kits and not fully complete presses, they require a hydraulic pump, this is not a deal breaker for me unless it's very noisy. I guess my next step is to find out about noise, and if it's just gonna plug into my wall or if I need a dedicated breaker. Ugh. Now I know why I am still buying dabs.

Comment

Dabpress Personal 6 Ton Hydraulic Rosin Heat Press Machine w/ Dual 3x5" Heated Plates, Best Rosin Extraction Press for Home Use - Large Temp Controlling Box - Maximize Rosin Yield After 10 Grams Flower or 14g Kief Pressing. Best Personal Hydraulic Rosin Press Kit for Sale.

Maybe something like this? Hand pump for pressure. Don't look at the pneumatic presses. Those require an air compressor and can be a bit noisy, or at the very least, aren't quiet.

Comment

Never tried the Dab press but I have a Rosin Bomb. It only has a 4x4" plate, but the temp control is great. And its totally self contained.

I use two pieces of heavy parchment paper between the plates and set it at between 175-210 degrees. It does a good job. I tried using some of the rosin bags but they didn't provide as much rosin as just squashing the buds (which I first put in a form and squash by hand into a small hockey puck like chunk before putting it in the press). Most of the rosin pushes out beyond the plant material and is easy to scrape off the parchment into a silicon container.

Keep it in the freezer and its easier to use when you wish. But it does make some noise, no question. It was kinda expensive and I got it a few years ago but it makes great rosin. Keeping the temp in the 180-190 range provided the cleanest gold colored rosin, Higher temps resulted in darker rosin. Dense gooey buds produce the best. I just use my "popcorn" buds for this. No leaf or trim. I think you'd need the rosin bags for that to keep the plant material more contained.
          Happy rosin making! When you pull the parchment out from the press
          Current grow_ coco based medium, Fluence LED lights, AIT, 5 gallon planters,
          liquid organic nutrients by Advance Nutrients and Vegamatrix. Strains_ Exodus Cheese (feminized), Meltdown (regular) and Caesar (regular).

Comment

• Cloud
            Cloud commented
            Editing a comment
            Saw a guy on youtube using that press compared to some other model i cant remember. Other model got twice as much yield

ZigZag Are you pressing fresh buds or should I dry and cure first?

Comment

• Cloud
            Cloud commented
            Editing a comment
            Fresh buds dont press good. In my experience the rosin is really runny and hard to scrape off even trying to use cold plate.

I'm pressing dried and cured buds in the 55-60% humidity range that have been cured for 4 weeks or more.

I've never tried fresh green bud in a rosin press_ if you do let me know how that turns out!

When I make bubble hash I use fresh frozen sugar trim and popcorn buds. The results are cleaner and very sticky and the terps are awesome!
          But I usually only run it once so I don't get as much as when I use dried bud which isn't as strong or "terpy" (which I always run 2X).
          If you use fresh frozen the product is so nice and a little easier to use than rosin.

To sum up I like the rosin press for dried/sugary popcorn buds_ the more "sugar" the better and bubble hash for fresh frozen trim and bud.

I also use the press when I have frozen bud that is a year old and want to preserve its goodies for as long as possible_once you've finished pressing and get the rosin in silicon containers put them in a small canning jar in the freezer and they will last a long time and won't get freezer burn like the buds might!
          Current grow_ coco based medium, Fluence LED lights, AIT, 5 gallon planters,
          liquid organic nutrients by Advance Nutrients and Vegamatrix. Strains_ Exodus Cheese (feminized), Meltdown (regular) and Caesar (regular).

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X