Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Low Temps during Light Cycle

Hi gang,

Newb here, and I've got an issue that's leaving me scratching my head.

I'm in a 2x4x6 tent w/ SunSystem 315 and 6" can fan/filter. When I initially set up the tent and ran it through a few empty light cycles and saw high temps from 78-82° and light off temps in mid 60s (room temp is 65-68). Now that I have seedlings and pots in the tent, I'm struggling to get beyond 72°.

Light is 26" over the seedlings and I have one of the 3 passive vents open. I know most people would appreciate the low heat, but I can't help but think that something could be wrong with my light fixture. Anyone else experience anything similar with this particular light?

For what it’s worth, in a 4x4x7 with 315LEC in an ambient room temp of 62, the tent with fan on low speed was barely 64. I decided to shut that fan off for a short time to see what happened.... forgot about it for 12 hours or so... temp was over 90 and humidity rose significantly. I’m guessing you’ll need to use a variable controller to see if you can drop the fan speed a touch more to find a balance between air movement and Temperature

Comment

Interesting but I do think it sounds like if it's not the fan it's the bulb?
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Between the small space and the hot bulb, somethings gotta change and the only easy variable is fan speed. And , I did see a small little plug with a trim pot to lower the fan speed on Amazon. I was going to get one until I decided that the Cloudline T-6 has that built in.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X