stinky smart pots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stinky smart pots

for some reason my 5 gal. smart pots smell like BO. soil (biobizz light mix) and plants smell fine, but the fabric pots themselves smell a bit like BO to me...my wife says "mildew", but either way they don't smell great. plants are 3 weeks into flowering and overall look very good. temp/RH have been normal and the pots are currently dry but have that smell top to bottom. anyone else experienced this?

Sounds as they are wet and souring.

Comment

i was thinking that, but they are dry now...they get we when I water enough to get runoff, but they are always up on risers so plenty of airflow. either way, i think it's pretty common for fabric pots to get and stay wet for a bit, no? i wish this site had smell-o-vison so you could see what i'm working with. it's not terrible, but i noticed it last night when i opened the tent and smelled around until i found the source.

Comment

How long a soil stays wet is determined by the soil (or more whats in it, or not in it). A friend had me look at his plants for a stench, he thought it was the FFBB, I found drip pans full of souring water. Me myself and I lift the pot to determine its moisture, and sometime I let them dry enuf that they are drooping a bit. One of my plants has had water only 1 time in the last 3 weeks and is complaining of wet roots, I use fabric pots BTW.
        I have had a mouse move into a pot, I smashed its den in and watered heavy, that made a nice smell for a few days.

Comment

yeah, it's weird...not super strong and not real offensive...but, it's the 1st thing i notice when i open the tent and it's mild'y BOish...drip pans are dry, pots are dry too...was last watered sunday and will water again tomorrow. i guess it's not that big of a deal...i'll just monitor and see what happens...thanks for the thoughts though...

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            Not sure where those were made but....some fabrics tend to smell like BO or even kinda fishy until washed. Reams of fabric at the fabric store walking by them some give off a bit of a unpleasant odor. Bring on the bud smell LOL

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X