Nutrients for soil versus Coco Coir

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nutrients for soil versus Coco Coir

Has anyone seen a difference when switching Nutrients in soil grows?

I started out using General Hydroponics Flora series but as of late I realize these nutrients are intended more for Hydro or Coco Coir rather than FoxFarm Ocean soil.

I agree they can still work but I am thinking even when cutting doses in half of what is recommended i still think they are the reason for my supposed nute burn.

I wasn't giving my girls anything for the first 5 weeks due to the nutrients in the soil and then started using Nebula's guide https://www.growweedeasy.com/wp-cont...s-schedule.pdf and although the first 2 weeks into adding nutrients were fine, the 8th week I started what i think was nute burn on the Northern Lights Auto. I have since flushed it but the yellow tips are now turning brown so I am unsure if it's added nutes or what. The water is properly PH'd (6.7) and I'm not overwatering.

How long before the tips recover or do they? Should I switch to a more soil based nutrient group or use up the GH Flora and continue at reduced dosages?
    I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

I also went to the GH website...all i can say is wow!!! Do these guys actually know what a cannabis plant is? Their drain to waste schedule for Flora Series is nuts! at week 9 for instance (where my girls are now) they show 8ml per gallon of water. That's 2 teaspoons folks.

Nebula's guide, of whom is a seasoned grower, states less than half of that and I agree of course because most growing forums say the same thing: less is more. At the ratio that GH recommends, it is likely almost all beginner growers will suffer nutrient burn and quite likely death of the entire plant! Not to mention their ratios are based on CocoCoir judging by the PH level indicated (5.5 - 6.5). Soil grows should be PH'd to 6.0-7.0 and to be more precise 6.2-6.9.

Looks like I'll either try switching to Coco or dump GH in favor of more soil friendly nutrients!
    I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X