final flush

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

final flush

Hello My Friends, i'm going to give my girls the final flush/watering before harvest, and was curious about how much runoff i should have, growing in soil, and what should the PPM reading be from that runoff?

Hi john, if you're flushing with plain water, check the PPM before you flush, and after... See what the difference is...???
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

Hi Alltstup, my tap water is 365 and the runoff was 1250

Comment

johnb1963 I read in an old book from the 70’s... use 3-5x the volume of the plant container....that’s a fair amount of water for indoor disposal

Comment

• Farmall
          Farmall commented
          Editing a comment
          It also says the purpose of the flush is to reduce the nutrient levels in the soil to as low a value as can be achieved to allow the plant to utilize it own stored foods

wow, i'm using 3 gal. pots, so i would need to run 9-15 gal. no way to do that. I can't remove them from the tent. I guess i could do a couple gal at a time, dump the pan and continue. so what's the goal? equal PPM before and after?

Comment

• Farmall
          Farmall commented
          Editing a comment
          I can ONLY guess that you try to go as low was you can get... not sure your ever going to get equal readings in and out given the soil will possibly add something. But if you can get down to hat you see as consistently low readings, I’m thinking you’d be fine. Just trying to reduce available food to the plant so it eats what little is left in the plant. Then it’s harvest time.... by using supersoil, I don’t flush...no need

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X