Growing for Seed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Growing for Seed

I know my plants were pollinated and the buds show to be full of developing seeds. Pollination was done by hand with fresh pollen. However, 5 weeks after pollination it appears that they are false seed pods bc I am not finding any seeds. Can someone help me determine what could be the cause of this?
    -Thanks

Hang in there Karen someone with knowledge will answer I sure can't help you sorry.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

My lights are coming on soon and I have some plants that were pollinated 1/15. I'll pull a plant with seeds that is due for harvest in a couple days and take some pics for you. I have already pulled seeds from these plants and they're germinating now. I should have mother and baby girl plants growing at the same time without cloning!

Comment

You want to search for swollen calyxes that have started splitting open and the edges where they split will have tan/brown "lips" keep looking at the ones with tan/brown until you find one split open and just barely revealing the dark seed inside. They're hard to see but if you're 5 weeks from pollination you should be able to find at least a few which means you were successful and there's likely many more that you don't see or are still under-developed.

This is what we're looking for. There's a seed at the tip of the toothpick and another just left of it.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	20200217_184656.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	2.28 MB
ID:	376798

Here's the seed next to it.

Name:	20200217_184806.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	2.40 MB
ID:	376799

Here's the second seed with the toothpick gently inserted to expose more of the seed. I went ahead and popped the seed out, it's brown and looks viable. I have already harvested a couple of seeds from this plant and have one germinating now.

Name:	20200217_185039.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	2.32 MB
ID:	376800

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
          9fingerleafs commented
          Editing a comment
          yes, just like that, but with early polination the seeds are too close to the branch and surrounded by not seeded calyxes so theyre very hard to see while the flower is alive

Something to keep in mind, seeds take 4 - 8 weeks to mature depending on strain, yours may not be ripe yet. However at 5 weeks I would expect at least white hard seeds, and not empty shells.
        Welcome to GWE Karen!

Comment

i know whats going on, you polinated a little early so the calyxes with seeds were the first to apear and the flower grew around them, once the plant is dried and you start to break off pieces of bud from the stem to smoke it you WILL find the seeds close to the branch, brown and mature. next time if you can wait another week so the buds have more pistils you will get more seeds. all is well dont you worry

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X