First Grow / First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! First Grow / First Post

Hello to the GWE community. First I would like to thank Nebula Haze, everybody involved in running GWE and to all you guys and girls who post on GWE for providing me with so much invaluable information that has enabled me to get to where I am now. I am at day 44 of my grow of Northern Lights automatic from Royal Queen Seeds. I am growing in a small grow tent with a Mars Hydro ts600 LED growlight. My girl is growing in a fabric pot in BioBizz All-Mix Soil. I have a 4in carbon filter and extractor fan venting into my roof space. I started feeding on day 33 with 50% strength Buddahs Tree Organicus 99%. I saw signs of flowering on day 39 and fed again on day 40 with the same mix plus a 50% shot of PK9-18 bloom booster super concentrate again from Buddahs Tree. This is my first grow so I am doing very little to my girl other than removing a few fan leaves that are blocking the light to the bud sites. I have a couple of issues however that I need some guidance from you guys and girls. I discovered recently that the timer on my light is not working. Consequently the lights have been on 24/7 rather than the 18/6 schedule that I had programmed. Should I get a new timer and put her on 12/12 or 18/6 or leave her on 24/7? The second issue that I have is with humidity. Here in the cold and wet of Northern Europe the humidity outside is regularly in the 85 to 95% RH range. In my tent I have a small dehumidifier installed but the RH stays in the 50- 60% range. I have seen a peak RH of 64% with the dehumidifier on. Before I installed the dehumidifier it peaked at 86% but I was OK with that as I was in the seedling / early Veg stage. I have read lots about the problems that high RH during flowering can cause. Should I invest in a more powerful dehumidifier? What is the maximum RH that I can get away with during flowering? Thanks in anticipation of your great advice

NorthEuropeanGuy Nice looking plant. but you should get it out of your private rainforest. https://www.growweedeasy.com/humidity oops auto. too early in the morning for me. You might as well keep it on 24 hours of light. Other than your high RH, and fugged up timer you certainly have all of your ducks in a row. 8 to 10 weeks. https://www.royalqueenseeds.com/auto...automatic.html
    Last edited by starramus; 02-17-2020, 08:52 AM. Reason: i toopid

Comment

• NorthEuropeanGuy
      NorthEuropeanGuy commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks starramus. Yes she looks good, took delivery of a proper dehimidifier today. RH on it's way down

Agree with starramus with the dehumidifier on you are right in the ballpark. When flowering try to be under 60% RH. Your tucking leaves and opening up the core of the plant will serve you well. So only thing I might change ....MIGHT ....is go 20/4 on the lights. A few hours sleep always help me 😁

Comment

• NorthEuropeanGuy
      NorthEuropeanGuy commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Farmall. A new dehumidifier installed, RH on it's way down and a new timer for the lights on it's way

Very pretty auto plant you have she is looking like a Christmas tree.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X