Gemination errors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gemination errors?

Hello. I have never been on a forum. First time growing. I have 2 v600 reflector series led and s grow space 4.5'×5.5'×8'h with exhaust above lights. I have put 1/2" insulation on walls aluminum backing. Room temp 74-78f, humidity 35-50%. I have two 20 gal water bins with a ph of 6.0 and ecm reads 174 both bins. I am circulating those water bins with pumps and bubblers. I want the ph water in the containers to acclamate to 65 degrees before placing that water into my two top fed dwc bubbleponics system with 3.75" pots using properly washed hydrotron rock. I was inspired by the GWE dwc bubbleponics tutoial. I also just started germinating seeds for the first time. My first attempt germinating seeds on 2-14. I am starting with autoflower gg#4 three seeds, northern lights x big bud three seeds and critical c two seeds. I soaked 8 rapid root plugs squeezed placed in tray and covered with dome. I placed tray in grow room at 35-45% humidity and 74-78f. I have been checking them way to often I think? Checking moisture, temp, humidity and feel I may have exposed them to unecessary light in the process of checking on them. My LED V 600 veg not bloom switch turned on and exposed germinating seeds for up to five minutes before I caught the mishap. Will this affect my germination?? I will obviously need help along the way with my first time grow. I am a disabled veteran and have head trauma so please forgive me if i make mistakes chatting on this forum. My next questions will be much shorter. I just wanted anyone that would like to help me to have the necessary info so as to provide me with the proper feed back. I think the GWE site is my favorite and have leaned alot from you already. Thank you
    Stinger

So what's the question?
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Stinger I think you should be okay with the bit of light so far, try to avoid any more until the shoots poke out. not sure if I would recommend the dome as even a little too much moisture when germinating can do them in. welcome! and good luck!

Comment

I'm probably doing it wrong, but I run both switches to on for both veg and flower, so no worries there I think.
        I use small domes to start seeds last year and for a test this year, I still have not beat soaking them first and then placing them in the Rockwool straight into production. Pictures of a test below.
        Proving the world just needs more tumble weeds
        A tale of two seeds
        Batter Up Sour Deisel
        Batter up! Amnesia Haze Autoflower
        New Year, New Grow, Jack Herer DWC
        Batter up, Girl Scout Cookies extreme auto (GSCE)

Comment

My LED 600 watt light kicked on over my germination station for 5min with veg switch on not the bloom. Will this disrupt germination?
          I started germinating on 02-13 at 7:30 pm and have nothing showing. Maybe the light turning on didnt effect the seed germ? Should I see something by tomorrow?

Comment

• duckman
            duckman commented
            Editing a comment
            from your earlier post, Stinger, if you don't see anything 2-3 days you might have drowned them, something I was guilty of on my first grow. they REALLY don't like too much moisture (and too little air) at any time but especially when germinating!

Your fine, breath easy :-),, that small amount of side light will not hurt your plant the seeds I showed you above are 11 days old so you need to let them have time for them to sprout;. If you placed the seeds straight into the medium, then you are chancing them growing similar to the plant on the right in the pictures above.

You might also want to take a look at.
          by Nebula Haze Table of Contents Intro: How to Germinate Cannabis Seeds Are my seeds good? 5 Common Germination Methods Method 1: Starter Cubes & Seedling Plugs (Recommended!)

Proving the world just needs more tumble weeds
          A tale of two seeds
          Batter Up Sour Deisel
          Batter up! Amnesia Haze Autoflower
          New Year, New Grow, Jack Herer DWC
          Batter up, Girl Scout Cookies extreme auto (GSCE)

Comment

Thanks duckman.. I squeezed water pinching the bottom of the rapid roots and water cam out. However, when adjusting water I saw that they sprouted root but are not tall enough to emerge from the rapid root plug. Too deep maybe?
            Either way they were saturated and the gentle bottom squeeze did some good getti g rid of excess water. I took lid off too. Tomorrow will be the big test bc based on what i saw they are rooting. Thanks

Comment

• duckman
              duckman commented
              Editing a comment
              no probs, Stinger. if you see a root but no sprout after a day or so it's possible, as you say, they might be a bit too deep (ANOTHER thing I was guilty of on first grow) in which case I would very carefully cut the rooter open and gently transfer them to your grow medium IMHO. there's only so much energy in the seed itself and if they are indeed too deep they might not have enough juice to break the surface. it's an exciting time, isn't it?
              Last edited by duckman; 02-15-2020, 02:06 PM.

Thanks Im gonna give the sprout until tomorrow to emerge out of the top of the rapid root I germinated on 2-13 at 7:30 pm. I will prepare the top fed dwc bubbleponics like in the https://www.growweedeasy.com/high-yi...nics-technique
            Unless someone like nebula says STOP do it this way instead.
            Last edited by Stinger; 02-15-2020, 02:24 PM.

Comment

I placed my germinating auto flower seeds after three days without top sprouting in my top fed dwc as in the GWE top fed DWC tutorial suggested.

I turned on the V 600 led 40" above dwc system on 2-15 = three days of germinating time before I put them undder the light.

It was suggested by duckman that the seeds may be planted to deep in the rapid root. There was alot of action going on in the rapid root
              I just could see it.
              The light may have helped bc they are rising up out of the deep seed hole and sprouting!! Not sure but I hope this his will help others in the future. Time will tell... Thanks for everyones feed back and ragweedDWC

Comment

• duckman
                duckman commented
                Editing a comment
                excellent!

My question is at the bottom. I want to say Thanks to Grow Weed Easy! My plants will be 1 mo old on 03-16th. I am greatful for the forum and the great info on the website. Having knowledge and doing it are two different things. I made many mistakes and lost a couple and may loose two more to a Rez change b/c I shocked em with COLD water.
              I learned what Not to do as well as how to fix my mistakes and how to prevent disaster thanks to Grow Weed Easy! I have pics of cold water shock, dripping nutes on leaves, under watering, over watering , heat stress and to much light just to name a few. perhaps the pics could be useful?
              I have 3 healthy auto flowering plants that should start budding soon. My new growth on top of plant is showing light colored tips yet everythig else is green and in normal parameters, so I raised the light, after all they are growing closer to the V600 led Sun. Any suggestions to fix problem if raising the sun doesnt work?

Comment

Hello Stinger great job on recovering the grow. OK now your gals are starting to show preflower, it's normal for the very center of top where bud comes out to be slightly yellow from my experience. What's the manufacture say for flowering height distance from top of canopy? Autos love light but can you raise it if needed? Otherwise all is good your on the way to bud stage keep up the good work and relax enjoy the grow.
                Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
                indoor/outdoor grower
                1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
                1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
                I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
                Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
                Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
                Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Question at the bottom.
                  I have two 600 watt vip Spectra reflector series 6"-8" apart from each other hanging at a height above the canopy @ 36". This is the manufacturers suggested max distance. Raising them made a difference bc they just look happier! My question is how do I move a 3 week old little lady 13" wide by 9" tall with a very abundant and healthy root system in a 3.75" net pot from a 4.5 gallon dwc bubbleponics to another same DWC bp system without killing her?? I dont think I can pull her straight out bc the hole is to small and I will damage her roots. However, I think I will need to do this because I have three healthy beuties in one system and want to move one to the other system. I intend to thin out the herd in the other dwc alowing for her to have her own place. I May keep one in there to keep her company?? Maybe? I just hate the thought of loosing her in the transplant. But I hate even more of having three beuties with too many roots growing in a 4.5 gallon tote. Im afraid three girls may be to many for me? Yikes!
                  I'm afraid alot of root damage may occur in the process. AND i will have to do another complete Rez change Again! Also what kind of special nutrients should I have on board for this plant trans plant.lol
                  Geesh.. Thats alot for my very first grow! But we shall prevail.. Right?? And what should I do with the one or two girls I need to move out of the other dwc system so as to make room?
                  Breaks my heart but 2 per rez seems like the max even though they are autos GG#4 and Norther Light x Big Bud..
                  Last edited by Stinger; 03-11-2020, 08:29 PM.

Comment

This is brutal... I checked roots tonight and they are brown with NO Smell everything IS in perfect parameters temp ppm ph fans humidity plants look ok Exept for 2 in another tank.. Smaller kinda droopy.. Is it just staining..it kinda stains paper towel lightly... Using hydroguard all the way..
                    Need help for sure.. Rez change again or is this normal.. Will pics help?

Comment

Ok so I did some research and I am almost sure that I dont have Root Rot... Lol wow! Nothing like a Pythium Scare to get the Blood Pumpin..
                      No smell
                      most likley stained from using general hydro
                      Been using Hydroguard
                      Temps in Rez have rarly gotten over 72 deg
                      Room 75-77 deg
                      Humidity 50-55%
                      Fans making my girls dance
                      Easy on the Nutes especialy with auto girls
                      So I think we gonna be just Fine as a frogs hair

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                      X