Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slow growth 1st timer.

Dear community,

I am currently enjoying my first grow and would like to get some opinions....
    I have 2 white widow and 1 lemon cake. 600w LED currently around 25inches up. 4inch filter and extraction. I also have fresh air flowing through aswell as a small temp controlled fan heater currently running 20-25degrees.
    After being stupid And starting my grow before reading journals and blogs it seems I have stunned the growth.
    It seems I made many errors...my seedlings were very leggy, they were potted too soon and into pots way to big at the time. After having leggy seeds I also dropped the light but I believe too low.

So I have not watered them for 5 days now , the moisture level in the soil is just getting to the low side of where it should be and my PH in all pots is 6.5-6.8

They all look healthy and I’m hoping from now I can water them properly and they will take off, but I have one concern over my lemon cake plant...from the pictures below you can see the leaves are curled and one of the new leaves looks slightly deformed.
    Can anyone tell me why this has happened and also if I should have concerns moving forward??

Any general advice appreciated 🤓

As for the widows ..

..https://imgur.com/MtCXgFs

Apologies for my awful knowledge with technology can’t even upload photos properly 😂

Comment

Lukeb523 hey, you’ve learned more from these events that will provide you many happier plants to come. Since you’ve done a lot of reading you can likely identify the errors that placed you where you are currently. Some plants when stunted, May recover but many don’t. That setback can still go to full cycle and produce buds but yields may suffer a bit. Your next option is training. Look up topping especially. That alone will increase yield and help catch up a bit. I have probably written this too many times but it helps me so, I’ll pass it along for next time.

after you germinate and plant your seeds in the small cups, expose these seedling to 18-20 hours of CFL 23w 6500k light for about 3 weeks. You keep the bulb 3-4” over the plant tops and then plant into your permanent location. The plants will have developed a good root system, be somewhat bushy and full and ready to take on your led at 29-31” away.

Comment

Farmall , thanks for your reply.

I have read into detail about topping and training, currently the plants are growing out their 5th nodes. I read it’s preferable to top at the 4th node once the 6th has grown so that’s what I intend to do....however as it seems all Newbys are, I’m impatient and am considering topping at 4th node once 5th has grown out abit.

do you think this will cause much stress or should be ok?

many thanks 🙏

Comment

• duckman
          duckman commented
          Editing a comment
          Farmall my daughter (the young whippersnapper!) tells me that the ... in posts (which I often do) is how she spots an old people post...

• Farmall
          Farmall commented
          Editing a comment
          See! I’ve got to brush up on my ‘youth speak’. Yea, I’m hip I’m hip....😂. Cool dude, I’m stoked man and the original .... FAR OUT

• duckman
          duckman commented
          Editing a comment
          that's so sad

Hi Lukeb523 those little seedlings need more time to fill out before i'd top it, you have loads of time to do so. I've been hacking away at a 6month old vegging photo using it for clones plan on flipping her in 8days. Farmall we've been saying that way to much around here lately.
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

SoOrbudgal ...do the plants not automatically go into flower after that long? Or can I veg my plants for as long as I feel necessary?

Back to my original question....can somebody tell me what made my lemon cake plant curl and deform? It was in same environment as widows and they are fine. ?

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            Photos will stay in veg. state for years honest you can keep them healthy but I've never had a mother that old. I've just used these photos for cutting clones then will flip light change to 12/12 shorten light on makes them think fall and flower. Takes 7days or more before you see a pre-flower.

Some strains more sensitive that's the thing with different strain grows gotta adjust feeding or watering.

• dilvish
            dilvish commented
            Editing a comment
            Likely not enough water if the leaves are not yellowing or brown. 5 days is a bit of a stretch if the conditions in your grow space are sufficient. read a few more articles on the website and keep plugging!

SoOrbudgal So can I veg for as long as I feel necessary or wil they start to flower themselves? All three seeds are feminised.Farmall you say use CFLs for 3 weeks....is that while the seedlings are still in a dome or just gradually introduce them to the light? Also would it cause any harm to continue to run the CFLs alongside my led during veg?
          many thanks

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            On my question : Given the right environment yes. My old mother plant is close to 8months to a year old. She's been cared for watered and fed growth nutes only rarely. She's been used for cloning she will be placed in the flower tent soon. For photoperiod plants their needs less daylight and more darkness to start the flowering process therefore we switch the timer to 12/12 on off and it can take 7 to 14days for the first pre-flower to begin. Auto flower need no light changes and will do fine at 18/6 till harvest.

During the darkness there should be 0 light entering the tent for photo period this harms plant. Autos don't care the more lights are on the better. Good Luck

Lukeb523 . Once the seeds sprout and is placed into soil (even if you cannot see any embryonic leaves) I use the CFL’s .... each day there is reasonable growth by the 3rd day or so. Then it’s just regular watering and keeping the bulbs about 3-4” above the leaves.

Comment

What is it with people not being able to read, answer simple questions and repeating themselves like I can’t read 😴

Comment

• OlderNOTwiser
              OlderNOTwiser commented
              Editing a comment
              Not sure to whom that is aimed. I've read this thread several times and I don't see any reason for the snark. You asked for help, got it, continued to express doubts and now they're just filling in the gaps...to be certain you can run with it now. If I missed something or didn't interpret something the way you may have then just ignore me and I'll go sit in a corner until called upon.

• PRIMO
              PRIMO commented
              Editing a comment
              If you read so good, go to growing basics and start reading

PRIMO I think he's upset about his curl leaf lemon LOL but the seedling looks normal
            Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
            indoor/outdoor grower
            1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
            1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
            I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
            Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
            Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
            Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Lukeb523 You're probably right sobgal, nothing a few Midol and a dummy slap can't fix. Click image for larger version

Name:	2_550x550_Front_Color-White.jpg
Views:	419
Size:	45.8 KB
ID:	376943

Comment

I see the hast to jump on that comment wich is what it was intended for.
                now can anyone give me more detailed than ‘Some strains more sensitive that's the thing with different strain grows gotta adjust feeding or watering’
                What are the reasons for curling leaves depending on the strain?
                What should I expect from the different strains in signs of overwatering?
                if you had to give your best guess based on pics and info in first post what would you suspect the problem to be?
                I am aware that I am in for a lot of trial and error because every environment and seed is different. But this seedling is weak and I dardent mess around with it in fear of killing it withought being more sure and for that I needed help.
                Anyway not sure what a midol and dummy slap are but whatever you two enjoy doing in your own time is ok you know

Comment

I also plan to start a grow but I have some doubts if you can help me, in seeds is better autoflowering or feminized to start, the hps bulb would be good right? and what online store do you use, I have found the https://growshopexpress.es/ but I have no opinions about it, what do you recommend?

Comment

Wouldn’t waste your time on here geez.

Try a different thread.

Comment

The seedlings started to enjoy their environment and took shape nicely.
                    My problem plant still has deformed leaves, but is still healthy and growing.
                    All three plants started showing new leaf growth at the nodes so I made the decision to top one, fim one and LST my deformed one.
                    I also decided to take off the bottom set of leaves from each plant to encourage growth. (Not sure how true that is)
                    As you can see I have also added a new seedling as a friend gave me a seed. The idea is this seedling will catch up now the environment is right and I have stunned growth of the other plants.

Hoping it’s a female.

I’ve never seen it before for obvious reflective reasons inside tents but I decided to put my LED light sideways low down to hit these new leaves coming through. Again just testing things out trial and error.
                    So I should have one topped widow, one fimmed widow, one LST lemon cake and a random seed wich I will just let grow naturally.
                    Interested to see the different outcomes.

Does anyone have experience of growing using only PH water?
                    I would like to try it with the random seed and all being well it’s a female understand the differences in taste once grown.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X