Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Super soil question

Hello!
    I'm on my first grow and it is going well! I'm about ready to switch over to 12/12. I have Coco on the top 2/3 of my soil and a mix of super soil and Coco in the bottom 1/3.
    I am watering with pH adjusted water which is not fertilized.
    My question is when I get into bloom is there any suggestion or necessity to add anything to get maximum results. I've followed the GWE suggestions and like I said everything is going very well and my plant is healthy!
    Thanks and have a groovy day
    ​​​​

nobody can actually know if the amount of nutrients in the soil in that 1/6th of the pot is enough for a full cycle, i think its not and you will need nutrients but only by try and error you can find out

Comment

Honestly, what you are doing at the moment sounds right. But I do recommend that you get some special feed for the blooming stage as it contains the needed nutrients for everything to go smoothly. Search online, there's plenty of options.

Comment

• deets
        deets commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree with you. I was just looking at Canna Coco and Calmag to add in as an amendment once I get into flowering. I think I'll add a quarter dose once a week unless the leaves are showing signs of deficiency then bump it up a little bit. I'd rather have the nutrients on hand so I can make a plan rather than scramble.

why did you opt to only use 1/3 super soil? Had you used all super soil it is likely you would not need added nutrients at all provided your water is properly PH'd. Growing in Coco always requires some nutrients.
      Hell even if you use soil like FoxFarm Ocean, you likely need to add nutrients after about 4-6 weeks as the plant will have likely used up all the nutrients provided by the soil alone.

You don't need added nutrients if you want a lower yield and less potent buds...just saying
      I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

• deets
        deets commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the reply. I only added to the bottom 1/3 per directions, it wasn't something I came up with. Now next time depending on how the grow goes I may add in more or keep it the same!

You’re use of super soil IN MY OPINION is correct. The plant will grow into the soil and the roots will reach the nutrient level and feed. It may seem like there is nothing in the coco but the roots will rapidly seek their level. I have done it the same way 5 times already since switching to supersoil. Even the manufacturers I’ve spoke with agree all supersoil is too much for a young plant and may cause development problems...I have over 1 pound dried and cured yields from each plant.. I would advise against adding anything but molasses or carb equivalent occasionally to feed soil microbes. On the other hand, we learn by doing...doing good or doing bad...but we learn

when I harvest a plant, the entire 5-7 gallon bag is so dense with roots if you wanted to try the knuckle test for moisture you have to drill a hole to put your finger into. Fyi

Comment

• deets
        deets commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice info thanks! I used a 3 gal bag which has been fine but I don't think a 5 gallon would hurt anything for my next grow. I'll have to let you know how my grow goes myself. I do have some flora bloom and Calmag on hand however I will either add a minute amount or just let it be. I think I'll just keep an eye on the plant an see what it is looking like!

The plant should look great given all the other parameter are up to par, temperatures, humidity, lighting and water... once you get past flowering, expect your lower leaves to yellow up what may look like premature yellowing. It has been mentioned that this is a result of overwatering while in veg...so keep a close eye on your watering practices now before it’s too late. Remember, runoff is absolutely bad, you’re washing away all the beneficial stuff within

Comment

• Farmall
        Farmall commented
        Editing a comment
        Also remember, you’ve got an organic grow UNTIL YOU ADD CHEMICAL NUTRIENTS

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X